Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michael D
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Got an email today offering me the opportunity to buy PQM/PQS for cold, hard, cash. No RDM. Expires July 7

Rates: 1000-9000 M (or 1-9 S) - 22cpm
10000-15000 M (or 10-15 S) - 21cpm.

Pass.

For further note - I'm about 45K PQM, with no travel booked for remainder of year (although I expect to book some more).
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
Made a booking this morning.
The offer for rpm at the close of booking was 3.0. 20,000 miles for $600.00 ! Way too high historically.
After it ticketed, 1.9 showed up. 40,000 miles for $760.00.
Originally Posted by 5khours
Question - What's the most RDM anyone is currently seeing offered on a single reservation?
Also got an offer for 75k miles at 1.9 cpm, finally!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:27 am

just got an offer tied to my FC ticket

5K for $465.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Presidential Card, Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
any idea when my rate for Accelerator PQMs might go down?

I booked a flight from SJC (California) to SJO (Costa Rica) a couple of months. First class for under $900 seemed like a good deal. I am Gold and after this trip will need a bit over 15K PQMs to reach Platinum.

I've been checking Premier Accelerator rates once in a while. Today my rates are as follows:
RDMs: 1.9 cpm
PQMs: 18 cpm

Can anyone tell me why my rate for buying PQMs this way costs so much more than I've seen elsewhere in this forum? Other folks seem to report PQMs selling via Premier Accelerator for 10 cpm.

I also consistently get emails from United offering the purchase of PQMs outright. The cpm in those offers is generally even higher, at 21 cpm.

I guess United wants to charge a lot for folks to go from Gold to Platinum, perhaps?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by photoagent101
I booked a flight from SJC (California) to SJO (Costa Rica) a couple of months. First class for under $900 seemed like a good deal. I am Gold and after this trip will need a bit over 15K PQMs to reach Platinum.

I've been checking Premier Accelerator rates once in a while. Today my rates are as follows:

Can anyone tell me why my rate for buying PQMs this way costs so much more than I've seen elsewhere in this forum? Other folks seem to report PQMs selling via Premier Accelerator for 10 cpm.

I also consistently get emails from United offering the purchase of PQMs outright. The cpm in those offers is generally even higher, at 21 cpm.

I guess United wants to charge a lot for folks to go from Gold to Platinum, perhaps?
I have seen the rates change with different bookings even on the same day.

If you are so inclined, you may want to book a few flights just to see then cancel within 24 hours.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
As we get closer to the end of the calendar year, the PQMs will get more and more expensive.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:51 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by physioprof
As we get closer to the end of the calendar year, the PQMs will get more and more expensive.
As first espoused by yours truly.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:13 pm

I had RDM drop to 1.9 cpm for one reservation only, the other two are still at 2.3 cpm. Was hoping to cash in on all of them for a couple of award flights next year.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an offer a few days ago in email for PQMS

1000 @ 17 cpm
15000 @ 15 cpm

I'll probably fly enough in the rest of the year to keep silver (my perpetual status) so it's very much not worth it. I could get most of the gold benefits with an E+ subscription and a club card if I wanted to spend on it.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by photoagent101

The rates absolutely go up as you increase in status. My friends, who are kettles, get ridiculous offers. Often 1/2 the cost of my offers.

Here's a case in point that happened to me. I didn't have enough points for Silver, with the aim toward Gold of course, and I got a nice offer for PQMs. Instead of buying them right away I stupidly transferred in 25000 Flex miles. As soon as I did that the cost of the PQMs doubled. Grrrrr!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just booked a flight and see offers to upgrade to first, upgrade to E+ and Buy Miles. But no accelerator offer. Are these not offered on every United flight?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just booked a flight and see offers to upgrade to first, upgrade to E+ and Buy Miles. But no accelerator offer. Are these not offered on every United flight?
The offer to buy miles is the accelerator. You have to click on that, get the offer to buy redeemable miles, then you will be offered to buy Elite Qualifying Miles. You can't go right to buying EQM's.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, Alaska 75K Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Just checked a reservation. 5000PQM for $1000.00 USD. Never really seen the rates this high before.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by mistaks
Just checked a reservation. 5000PQM for $1000.00 USD. Never really seen the rates this high before.
20 cpm is very expensive. Looks like all of my existing reservations that I;ve checked are offering me 14.3 cpm.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1k
How can you see the amount of PQM you get? I can only see the addon for PQM would cost $1430, but i dont see any information on how many PQM i would get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.