Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by demkr
UA 361
SFO-LIH
757-200
Breakfast

Choice of eggs/chicken sausage/sweet potatoes/mushrooms, french toast, or cereal.

Good, significant improvement from that other notorious breakfast, but I'm starting to notice a lot of the new dishes come with "different" sides for each dish. Although this tasted well, the portion was small for the duration of the flight, no yogurt was served with the egg dish.

Snack basket was the only additional item served afterwards
Had that egg dish last week, eggs had a good amount of cheese in em too! ^
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Yeah, I'm definitely pleased with the quality of entree improvements, particularly with Breakfast. But it's too bad that the side dishes are now dependent on the entree you get.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by jewels421
I think the tamale chicken is a little bland. Made me wish I carried a little bottle of hot sauce with me...
Mine the other day had a nice kick, mostly from the black spice rub on the surface of the chicken.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA 1279 (DEN-EWR) - Lunch

Had a 12:30 PM flight departing DEN for EWR yesterday, which qualified me for lunchtime aboard a 739 - a meal I don't really recall the last time I ate on-board. We were sitting in 3A and 3B, no issue getting our first choice of entree.

Starting with the nuts and a Goose IPA. Felt like I got short-changed on the sporadic almonds in this batch of nuts...

I chose the Thai chicken curry over the chicken enchilada (which, in hindsight, I wish I had ordered) and an Asian-style salmon salad (which sounded like it was trying to be a bit too clever / would not be filling enough, so I passed). The salad was okay; I think there was a bit too much cheese on the salad, but it was fine. The chicken curry - really more like a chicken breast bathed in some kind of faintly Asian sauce; it definitely didn't have any standout markers of strongly Thai flavorings like basil or ginger, and the sauce was a bit soupy. Bread roll was okay, but I ran out of butter about 3/4 the way through (I'm a bit of a butter fiend).

Dessert was mango sorbet. Tasted good but was served half-melted for some reason. Might as well have asked for a straw instead of a spoon.

All in all, the food was okay but not the best compared to other recent offerings I've encountered on UA.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Had a 12:30 PM flight departing DEN for EWR yesterday, which qualified me for lunchtime aboard a 739 - a meal I don't really recall the last time I ate on-board. We were sitting in 3A and 3B, no issue getting our first choice of entree.

Starting with the nuts and a Goose IPA. Felt like I got short-changed on the sporadic almonds in this batch of nuts...
The beer pour was a little too vigorous.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 6, 2015 at 10:53 pm Reason: Unneeded pics deleted
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was absolutely stunned at what I was offered on an overnight KOA-SFO flight this weekend - a poorly stocked snack basket with a microscopic pre-arrival muffin - come on, seriously??

I used a companion upgrade to move a friend into a mostly empty (gee, I wonder why) F cabin, and between the abysmal catering and the crew holding a nonstop full volume gabfest in the forward galley most of the flight, preventing anyone in F from sleeping, their comments after the flight were not exactly complimentary - except to say they hoped the upgrade didn't cost me anything.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:51 pm

2015-07-06
UA 1422
EWR - SFO
737-900
(PN) Snack

The snack was better than expected: medium large caprese sandwich (tomato, mozarella, basil, asiago cheese bread) and a small tomato soup with tortilla strips and a godiva chocolate. I enjoyed it quite a bit - probably more than I would have otherwise because I was expecting something worse. The ingredients in the sandwich tasted fine but the choice of asiago was a bit strange and it made the sandwich rather dry. Minor complaint. Unfortunately, no pics.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by physioprof
The beer pour was a little too vigorous.
I know IPAs are what the cool kids are drinking these days, but I miss the 312. On a recently LAX-ORD run, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if they had 312. I was pleasantly surprised when the FA said yes, however when he returned he told me he only had the IPA and asked if that was ok. I elected to try it. Not bad, but I'm just not much for IPAs. I guess I'm in the minority, though.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Choice of eggs/chicken sausage/sweet potatoes/mushrooms, french toast, or cereal.
Same selection last Thursday (7/2) LAX-ORD. I had the french toast, which came with a slice of ham, and both syrup and a raspberry jelly. The jelly was quite good.

The eggs really sound like they'd be good, except that I can't stand mushrooms. Oh well
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I miss the 312 too. It's actually one of my favorite beers.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
7/7/2015
UA 506
ORD - LAX
Dinner service

Choice of salmon in herb sauce, chicken and sausage jambalaya, and a vegetarian Hindu meal. I had the jambalaya, and it wasn't bad. The salmon looked good as well, from what I could see.

Last edited by Scott in LA; Jul 9, 2015 at 7:12 pm Reason: resize
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
7/7/2015
UA 506
ORD - LAX
Dinner service

Choice of salmon in herb sauce, chicken and sausage jambalaya, and a vegetarian Hindu meal. I had the jambalaya, and it wasn't bad. The salmon looked good as well, from what I could see.
Can't go wrong with any of those! ^^
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yeah, I'm definitely pleased with the quality of entree improvements, particularly with Breakfast. But it's too bad that the side dishes are now dependent on the entree you get.
entrees are indeed much better, especially breakfast.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have noticed the improvement in domestic F catering....if only international catering can improve!!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:46 pm

UA1176
HNL-SFO
B757-300
Lunch

Started with a *really* improved salad. Thumbs up.
Choices were chicken breast, salmon, or vegetarian indian dish. Chicken was good, served with rice and kimchee/vegetables.
Chocolate ice cream w/ whipped cream and chocolate sauce for dessert, followed by a white choc macademia nut cookie pre-arrival.

Did notice that the cookies which recently got a plate are now being served in bags again...but at least they're serving them on the longer flights.

Overall, impressed with the quality and quantity on flights this length.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.