Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have received (affirmative) notification one way or the other. So far appears to be only renewals and no new qualifiers.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification, please use GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why? for questions about how and when further selections will be made and posting of stats for feedback.

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but for 2015 I'd be happy if the "Will I make it" qualification thread, with the recitation of everyone's numbers and speculation, were separated from a benefits and experiences thread. I think they are both meaty -- and quite distinct -- topics.
100% agree. They are distinct but both valuable discussions. Meshing them together makes it necessary to wade through a lot of posts that aren't relevant to one topic or the other.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Should I post this suggestion (the separation of 2 GS topics) over in the main GS forum, so it can be commented on by others and considered by the moderators before the new year?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:08 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://mystatus.united.com seems to be on the move.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kenhorne
Sorry for the newbie question but how do folks figure out their "stats" esp like qualifying dollars? I can readily find my PQM. And what is BIS?
You can keep a spread sheet, may people do, or track it via https://mystatus.united.com/
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
? 2015 GS invite language ? Not sure.

I just logged into the mystatus site using the link provided a few posts up. It says "Congratulations, you are invited to Global Services for 2015". Is that a invitation or possible indication GS status has been renewed? I don't mind being hopeful.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I just logged into the mystatus site using the link provided a few posts up. It says "Congratulations, you are invited to Global Services for 2015". Is that a invitation or possible indication GS status has been renewed? I don't mind being hopeful.
I would say that is a very good inidication! I spent well over $100k this year again so not worried about making it from my small upstate NY outstation - and mine says check back after January 12th...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
My colleague said he saw this after log on my status site

Congratulations, you are invited to Global ServicesSM for 2015. You can learn all about your exclusive benefits at our new Global ServicesSM site.

His spend is $50K at 120K BIS.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:22 am

When I log in now I get the same thing. Yesterday I got the ..........

'You've reached Premier 1KŪ status for 2015, our highest Premier level. We will review 2015 Global Services invitations at year-end.Keep flying to earn even more upgrades.'
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sounds good! I of course took a screen shot. Thank you UA.

Spend was a little over PQD $50k with less than 8% on NH and LH premium cabins all booked on UA 016 stock. BIS little more than 100k for multi year consecutive GS member of major Fortune 100 (actually below 25) company. Sorry for vague stats. On the road with exact printed numbers in office desk drawer.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Sounds good! I of course took a screen shot. Thank you UA.

Spend was a little over PQD $50k with less than 8% on NH and LH premium cabins all booked on UA 016 stock. BIS little more than 100k for multi year consecutive GS member of major Fortune 100 (actually below 25) company. Sorry for vague stats. On the road with exact printed numbers in office desk drawer.
I have always wondered if they do the corporate GS first, and then start to look at the rest... Perhaps that is why you already have been notified...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:21 am

I think so. The Fortune ranking is actually much much lower. Any good business is going to take care of their best clients early on. Have to believe the corporate commercial flight spend would be easily $100M plus per year. Easily.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by ORDJR
When I log in now I get the same thing. Yesterday I got the ..........

'You've reached Premier 1KŪ status for 2015, our highest Premier level. We will review 2015 Global Services invitations at year-end.Keep flying to earn even more upgrades.'
One more interesting thing. Checked my spouses account who has GS through my Million Mile Flyer Status and it says this: 'We are still finalizing our Global ServicesSM invitations for 2015. Please check back after January 12. Reserved for our top-tier Premier members, Global Services status is based on many criteria, most notably how your flight activity compares to others'. This exclusivity helps us deliver the best possible service to our very best customers.'

Hope there are no glitches this year. My PQD was over $60K at .49cpm.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:25 am

But you in and safe. The MM companion benefit will carry over to your wife. Congrats!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just checked mystatus...requalified
"Congratulations, you are invited to Global ServicesSM for 2015. You can learn all about your exclusive benefits at our new Global ServicesSM site." ^
IAH-based $66500 135000 BIS 49cpm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:39 am

^

So this is pretty confirmed as no fluke. That was my hope!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.