Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

50K miles (& higher) bonus offers for MileagePlus Explorer card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50K miles (& higher) bonus offers for MileagePlus Explorer card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
United 50,000 Explorer card offer at airports.

Just wanted to let you know that there are "sign-up" kiosks at certain airports which offer a much better deals than the website. 50k vs. 30k and lower minimum balance in the first 3 months. Does anyone know where are they currently?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:12 pm

I noticed the 50k offer at EWR yesterday morning. They're also advertising the Club card at the gates, though I didn't see any particular offer, nor did I look closely.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You can always get at least 50K with no first fee for the Explorer Card, and free first year for the Club Card. Those offers are available year-round through various venues. It's a shame anyone falls for the lower offers, but I guess that's the point.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by teeceedee
+1. As far as sign up bonuses go, won't get much better than this.
I don't see upgrades on award tickets listed as a benefit. Is this still true? It's one of the few benefits that matter to a 1k with this card....
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I don't see upgrades on award tickets listed as a benefit. Is this still true? It's one of the few benefits that matter to a 1k with this card....
It is still true. It will continue to be true, though soon it will only be true when you're the traveler (which was always supposed to be the case).
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I don't see upgrades on award tickets listed as a benefit.
You didn't look in the right place. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Eligibility for Complimentary upgrades on award tickets in USA (If ticket paid by Explorer card)
Doesn't that benefit only apply if you have the card *AND* elite status?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by vandrei
Doesn't that benefit only apply if you have the card *AND* elite status?
Yes.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You didn't look in the right place. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx
It is curious though that it's not mentioned on the webpage that purports to list all card benefits, but instead only referenced on the MP upgrades page.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:32 pm

those are some good offers guys! awesome. Does anyone know where I can get 50k offer for United Mileage card?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:39 pm

I got the 50K offer as a banner ad when I logged into my UA account. I took them up on the offer. Another 5K for getting a card for my wife.

Now I am going to pay the fee to get my 85K miles back that I stupidly let expire... (my own fault so I can't complain about it)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by mrxmry
those are some good offers guys! awesome. Does anyone know where I can get 50k offer for United Mileage card?
You can also get also get 50K personal offer by following these steps.

http://creditcardjoint.com/50k-unite...rget-yourself/
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:19 am

Buyer Beware!

A relative signed up for the card with the 50K miles bonus at his local Chase Bank. Upon receipt of the card & before activation, he read all the "fine print", etc.which was in the envelope. Nowhere is the bonus stated! So he will call Chase customer service to try to get the bonus offer confirmed in writing.
(As an alternative, the AA credit card is now being offered with the 50K bonus after $2000 spend (within 3 months).

Chase Customer service has advised that following activation of the card, he will receive a letter within 4 weeks which will state that he is not eligible for the 50K miles bonus if he had cancelled a previous card within the last 24 months! Thus he will not activate but go with the AA offer.

Last edited by worldwidetraveler; Jan 29, 2015 at 8:01 am Reason: Adding followup info.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Interesting. Haven't seen the 50k bonus but wish I had. I opened an Explorer Card the other day (already have an old Signature card) because I want some quick 'n dirty RDMs, but it'll only be 30K after 1K spend.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:19 am

Try calling the program and ask where do they have their kiosks. I signed up at the Atlanta airport around Thanksgiving. Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.