Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Ticket Issue Date (per eTicket Receipt) Different Then Reissue Date After Change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Ticket Issue Date (per eTicket Receipt) Different Then Reissue Date After Change?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I booked an award flight on July 17 which was ticketed and confirmed. I decided to later change the flight on July 18th, which I also received an eTicket for, and reflects the correct flights on united.com. However, when viewing additional confirmation numbers, I have the confirmation numbers from the original flight, and not the new flight I changed it to. It also says 'This reservation was ticketed and confirmed on Thu., Jul. 17, 2014 [redacted]. Central Time.' which would be the day before I changed my flight. All segments are through partner airlines.

Should I have any concerns about this?

As a side note, I have never flown United and thus do not know if this is standard.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by J.Edward; Jul 31, 2014 at 3:55 pm Reason: clarify title
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm pretty sure that UA always reflects the original booking date, so don't let that bother you. I'm looking at one right now - booked in January and changed yesterday. It still shows January as the booking date.

As long as you have the confirmation for your new dates and that's what you're seeing online you're good to go.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that puts a number of my concerns to rest.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Are all the flights on your trip operated by United? If so, you should be fine and should need to take no further action. If not, you're probably fine but you can do some additional diagnostics to double-check.

If you really want to understand this stuff more deeply … it's not uncommon for the "this reservation was ticketed and confirmed on (X date)" string to appear stale.

A few things you can do:

(1) Click "add e-mail address and send receipt" — then add an e-mail address (or choose an existing one) and have UA e-mail a receipt. Wait a bit for the receipt to arrive; once it arrives via e-mail, this should also refresh the reservation to show the latest ticket info.

(2) Click "view receipt" and make sure that the flight numbers, dates and fare classes on the receipt match the ones on the reservation. If they don't, this is possibly ok (there may be stale ticket data and hitting 'refresh' may bring them up to date). If the ticket is truly out of sync with the reservation, UA will usually (but not always) show a warning — warning will look like a red or black message on the view-my-itinerary page that says "A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please call United Reservations…"

(3) Try plugging in your ticket number (016…) and last name into "manage my bookings" at saudiairlines.com to get a third party's view of the latest state of the e-ticket. This is akin to what other airlines will see if they look up the ticket and it usually reflects the UA ticket. (Usually. It is possible for United to revalidate a ticket, changing only the flight number and nothing else, and to preserve the same e-ticket # in a way that makes the change visible to UA but not to other airlines. I asked an agent about a UA e-ticket//OAL e-ticket view discrepancy once during a rebooking and got a new ticket reissued once she noticed that indeed it was gonna be a problem for the airline receiving the ticket.)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Awesome! Thanks for that information, mherdog. I did both 1 and 3 and it looks like the right booking is showing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.