Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted Double RDMs for premium cabin (not Z,P)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

UA seems to be doing a variety of simultaneous promos

Just received a targeted Double RDM offer for F, A, J, C and D fare classes

while others are getting
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...30-2014-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ou-united.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...31-2014-a.html

so I finally get a targeted offer and it is clearly the runt of the litter
Limited time: Earn double miles when you fly with United

Wherever your travels take you, there has never been a better time to choose United®. Now for a limited time, you have the exclusive opportunity to earn double miles on all qualifying flights in select premium cabin fares (F, A, J, C and D fare classes) with United.

Simply register by September 30, 2014, and make every trip with United more rewarding:
• Book qualifying trips by September 30, 2014
• Fly between August 1 and September 30, 2014

Terms and conditions:

1. Only original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website, then purchase and complete paid qualifying flights on United or United Express® during the valid ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must take place prior to ticketing and must be completed by September 30, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: July 24, 2014 – September 30, 2014.
4. Travel dates: August 1, 2014 – September 30, 2014.
5. Members can earn double award miles on paid qualifying flight segments in published fares in F, A, J, C and D fare classes. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator, group/tour and opaque fares do not qualify for this offer.
6. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with paid segments flown during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, a “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flight segments operated by other carriers.
10. The offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
I got this too. I've (well, my company) bought one premium fare in the past three years and so I guess they think I'm a whale.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I got this today too! Seriously, who do they think I am?
Who can afford F, A, J, C, D?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schnitzer
I got this today too! Seriously, who do they think I am?
Who can afford F, A, J, C, D?
Businessmen/women working for companies who feel their travellers deserve comfortable travel or who must travel on short notice.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Of course I got this one.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I didn't even get this one, and I've purchased A, C, D, Z and P fares in the past year.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
At least you got an offer. Can't remember the last time I got an RDM or PQM offer.

Edit to add: that involved actually flying.

Last edited by Baze; Jul 24, 2014 at 11:42 pm
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I received it as well. Twould be nice if UA would send me an offer I could actually use. I have no idea why they targeted me for these classes.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: United Gold
agreed this one is the runt of the litter!

Its one thing to focus the promo only on high-end fares, but to only incentivize with double miles, and restrict to 25k, just seems like a waste.

the double PQM thats out there looks to be the pick of the litter. wish I could have been targeted for one of these. Need to book trip to VIE in August and no incentive to fly UA. Will probably choose OS.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Got it this morning as well. I'm assuming this is how the math works:

Base 1.0x
DPQM 1.0x
COS 0.5x

total 2.5x

Still, too rich for my blood.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Shame about the ticketing dates. What this could have been to say, someone on a BOS-ICN A fare for 1700 rt...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

At least you're getting a targeted offer. I haven't received anything.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I have not received a single promo in three years!!!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We runts got nothing targetted.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:42 am

What are these extra RDMs suppose to be encouraging me to do? The most I would be bonused is 8,500 miles I could buy for $200-300 which is going to cost United less than a third of that when redeemed.

I would sign up just in case especially if I were flying those classes. No way would I pay the differential in price in fare class for this bonus when I could take the differential and buy more than 10X the award miles.

Has anyone ever seen evidence that such an offer increased business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.