Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] United Triple Miles - Jul 1-Aug 31, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Elite

I got this targeted to me. Anybody else?

For a limited time, earn triple award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

There has never been a better time to choose United®. This is your exclusive opportunity to earn triple miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United.
• Register by August 31, 2014
• Book your travel by August 31, 2014
• Complete travel between July 1 and August 31, 2014
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Haven't received anything similar myself (2014 1K, still flying UA this year but fewer trips YTD).

Looks like you're Plat; did you drop down from a higher tier in the last year, or otherwise scale back revenue flights with UA in recent history? Did you complete any surveys recently? There were reports of targeted offers recently for flyers that had completed surveys in the last couple months.

Separately, what were the Ts and Cs for qualifying trips?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Elite
Originally Posted by ThreeGreen
Haven't received anything similar myself (2014 1K, still flying UA this year but fewer trips YTD).

Looks like you're Plat; did you drop down from a higher tier in the last year, or otherwise scale back revenue flights with UA in recent history? Did you complete any surveys recently? There were reports of targeted offers recently for flyers that had completed surveys in the last couple months.

Separately, what were the Ts and Cs for qualifying trips?
I just became plat last year (just over 75k). However, as of today, I'm nearly at 75k miles to pace at 150k for the year (if I continue to fly like this). I did surveys a LONG time ago. It may be that I am booking a lot of flights recently, and some are within 1-2 weeks of flying, so they're slightly more expensive.

Never got this promo before.

T&Cs
Terms and conditions:
1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by August 31, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: June 16, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
4. Complete travel between: July 1, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
5. Offer is valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, and E fare classes.
6. Triple award miles is defined as three award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
8. Bonus miles may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
10. The offer is not valid on government fares.
11. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
12. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
13. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
14. This offer does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
15. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
17. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I didn't get this, haven't been eligible for a promotion for at least 2 years.

Pretty high fare classes required here. Can you provide a link/registration code so others can try?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: Continental
My wife got a card in the mail with that promotion. She is a 1K companion who does not fly (one a year maybe).
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
"only" a 1K, so I guess I don't get the offer. Though I wish someone would post the registration code to see if we can try.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by trustful88

For a limited time, earn triple award miles on all qualifying flights on United.

There has never been a better time to choose United®. This is your exclusive opportunity to earn triple miles on all qualifying roundtrips on United.
After devaluing RDM earning for 1Ks, finding out about this stunt being offered to others is just plain insulting.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by vandrei
After devaluing RDM earning for 1Ks, finding out about this stunt being offered to others is just plain insulting.
+1
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:40 pm

No Status

I have no status and got the e-mail.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
My targeted offer is for both PQM and award miles, but requires valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, and D fare classes.

Earn both double Premier qualifying miles and double award miles when you fly United.

1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by August 31, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: June 16, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
4. Complete travel between: July 1, 2014 – August 31, 2014.
5. Offer is valid on paid roundtrips booked in F, A, J, C, and D fare classes.
6. Double Premier qualifying miles is defined as two Premier qualifying miles for each base Premier qualifying mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
7. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period.
8. For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel from the destination city back to the origin city, with all flight segments operated by United or United Express. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. One-way trips, circle trips, multi-city itineraries and itineraries with stopovers do not qualify for this offer.
9. Premier qualifying miles may be earned for a maximum of 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
10. Bonus award miles may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
12. The offer is not valid on government fares.
13. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
14. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
15. Bonus Premier qualifying miles and award miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
16. This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I got a similar offer for double PQM in premium fare classes. I have no status with UA but flew a one way in C earlier this year because of a cancelled DL flight.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete qualifying roundtrip travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods.
Pretty clear that it won't apply to any previously-purchased itins. That and the high fare classes, plus targeting, make it likely this is not going to generate a whole lot of additional revenue for UA.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by AndyInSaigon
Originally Posted by vandrei
+1
+2.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trustful88

This appears to be the third iteration of this offer. I got the triple miles offer that runs until June 30th (some got double and a RPU, others got double and UC Club passes), the next offer came out and it ran until July 31st and now this one runs until August 31st.

It seems likely they will continue to do this to get some occasional HVF to give them some $ and improve their numbers.

March 2014 Various Targeted RDM offers

Targeted United Triple Award Miles thru 31 Jul 2014

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 16, 2014 at 6:11 pm
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:05 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

"There has never been a better time to choose United®" bwahahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.