Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 United Club (UC) Thread for Changes, News, Features, Competitive Position, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Please see click here for the 2015 UC Thread.

New United Club alcohol selection beginning on 10-Sep-2013:

Beer
Free:
Bud Light (minus IAD/DEN), Coors Light (IAD/DEN/JFK), MGD (IAH/MCO/PHL/DEN/HNL/DCA), Budweiser (SFO when they run out of Bud Light), Miller drafts, Miller Lite & MGD bottle (CLE), Coors Light & MGD draft (PDX), Coors Light draft and MD bottle (MSP), MGD bottle (BOS)

Regional Beers ($3 for a small glass, ~6-10oz depending upon the bartender):
BOS -
CLE - Heineken, Great Lakes Dortmunder (and appears to be a 10 oz pour)
DCA - Heineken (draft), Blue Moon, Sam Adams
DEN - Heineken, Blue Moon
DFW - Blue Moon, Batch 19
EWR - Heineken, Sam Adams, Brooklyn Lager, Blue Point Pale Ale
HNL - Longboard (in bottles, tap available before the downgrade is now gone)
IAD - Heineken, Sam Adams
IAH - Heineken, Shiner Bock, St Arnolds (specific St Arnolds brew changes seasonally)
JFK -
LAS - Heineken, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
LAX - Heineken, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
LGA - Heineken, Corona
MCO - Hurricane Reef (Florida Beer Company Melbourne FL), Heineken bottle, Yuengling bottle
MSP - Heineken, Lift Bridge Farm Girl Saison, Summit Extra Pale Ale (all bottles)
ORD - Heineken, Goose Island, Sam Adams
PDX - Heineken, Dead Man
PHL - Yuengling
SAN - Heineken, Karl Strauss
SEA - Pyramid Hefeweizen
SFO - Heineken, Big Daddy IPA, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Wine
White:
Sycamore Lane Chardonnay, CA - Free
Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Valdadige, IT $12
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, NZ $14
Groth Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley $12
Rutherford Hill Chardonnay Napa Valley $14
Franciscan Estate Chardonnay, Napa Valley $12

Red:
Sycamore Lane Cabernet Sauvignon, CA - Free
Twisted Cabernet Sauvignon - Free
Mark West Pinot Noir, Napa Valley $13
Rutherford Hill Merlot, Napa Valley $14
Terrazas 'Las Compuertas Vineyard' Malbec, Mendoza, AR $15
Dona Paula Estate Malbec, Mendoza, AR $13
Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, CA $15
Joel Gott 815 Cabernet Sauvignon, CA $13

Sparkling:
Prosecco Mionetto Brut Prosecco D.O.C. Valdobliadene, IT $12
Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label, Champagne, FR $14

$3 discount on all wine if you pay with your MileagePlus Club Card or Presidential Plus Card

Liquor
Vodka:
McCormick's: Free
Bellows: Free (ORD)
Popov: Free (DEN)
Gordon's: Free (JFK, SFO)
Stoli $9
Tito's $7
Ketel One $11
Grey Goose $11

Gin:
Gordon's: Free (EWR, JFK, SFO)
Beefeater $7
Bombay Sapphire $11
Hendricks $11

Tequila:
Capitan: Free (JFK)
Cuervo Gold $7
Patron Silver $11
Patron Reposado $11

Rum:
Montego Bay or McCormick's: Free
Castillo: Free (JFK)
Bacardi $7
Captain Morgan $9
10 Cane $11

Whiskey:
McCormick's: Free (AUS, ORD)
Barton Reserve: Free (SFO)
Evan Williams: Free (IAD)
Seagrams (LAX) *may still be lingering from comp days*
Jim Beam $7
Canadian Club $7
Jameson $9
Jack Daniels $11
Crown Royale $11
Woodford Reserve $11

Scotch:
McCormick's: Free (AUS, LAX)
House of Stuart: Free (LAS)
Scoresby: Free (JFK)
Dewar's White Label $7
Chivas Regal $11
Glennfiddich 12 Year $11

Brandy/Cognac:
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. $9
Hennessy XO $11

Cordials (all $6):
Bailey's
Campari
Disaronno
Kahlua
Grand Marnier

Thanks to MrColdShower for the initial info for this wikipost!

To send emails here are some addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Social Media: @United #unitedclubdowngrade
Hub: https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/pr...ited-club.aspx

United Club WiFi Authentication

Reports starting to appear -- July 2015 --- EWR, IAH, SFO, ORD, ....
Four option
  • UC Members - MP number and password/PIN
  • Star Gold - Confirmation number and surname
  • Business/First Class - Confirmation number and surname
  • Guest/One-time-pass/etc - A fixed "password of the day" which is on display inside the club
Has a "Remember Me" function for UC members, option for *A members and
New WIFI Authentication/Sign on at EWR United Club (MP#, PNR, or Password-of-the-Day)

Other Related Threads:

Reload this Page Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Print Wikipost

2014 United Club (UC) Thread for Changes, News, Features, Competitive Position, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
...and then, when something goes right, or you get a little extra/back to status quo, it's "an enhancement" or "change you'll like"

I've spent too many years in marketing and advertising not to howl in the wind at those phrases. "Look, our cookies now have new packaging and it's prettier. Oh, we forgot to mention that you're getting 6oz instead of 10oz and the price is $2 more. Did I mention we are no longer using butter because good quality ingredients cost money and, well if we use the good stuff, we have to raise the price"

"Remember how we promised you that your fare included the seat, the seatbelt and maybe access to the washroom?"....

Yes, "enhancements and "changes you'll like" indeed
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:00 am

At SFO International Club(not Global First) do they serve better complimentary alcohol and food?What are their beer wine liquor selections?

Can anyone tell me why is it that when I fly on Lufthansa in economy class they give Campari Baileys Irish Creme Cognac good gin and excellent wine and beers?

It seems like LH has better swill. Even the Club@SJC an independent lounge offers better alcohol and the day pass is $35.

I hope UA will change their cheapness and bring back complimentary Campari brandy and serve good beers like Chimay Gordon Biersch Fat Tyre Pyramid Leffe and good wines such as Sterling Apothic Blue Moon.

Why can't UA strike a deal with Trader Joes or Costco . For the same cost as Sycamore Lane you can get good Australian French Italian and Californian wines.

When I go to the UA lounge and ask for the house liquor beer orwine I'm going to set the record straight and ask for the manager and say I don't drink this cheap swill and in Europe they have Campari for no cost. Even Alaska Aurlines and The Virgin Loft offer better alcohol and Hanger 5 beet.

MGD gets a poor rating on Beer advocate. Does United think were homeless people or college students who can't tell a microbrew from a macrobrew. I'm sure Europeans are upset to drink this crap.

just my 3 cents. I hope UA reads this and goes back to the CO days where you got better complimentary alcohol.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Why are you asking at the SFO UC if they serve booze/food when 4 thoughts below that you talk about your experiences at the UC and involving the manager? What makes you think it'll be any different?

FWIW at SFO the middle age to older Asian bartender whenever I specifically order at Tito's screwdiver or soda always tries to give me the house vodka because it's free.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
At SFO International Club(not Global First) do they serve better complimentary alcohol and food?What are their beer wine liquor selections?

Can anyone tell me why is it that when I fly on Lufthansa in economy class they give Campari Baileys Irish Creme Cognac good gin and excellent wine and beers?

It seems like LH has better swill. Even the Club@SJC an independent lounge offers better alcohol and the day pass is $35.

I hope UA will change their cheapness and bring back complimentary Campari brandy and serve good beers like Chimay Gordon Biersch Fat Tyre Pyramid Leffe and good wines such as Sterling Apothic Blue Moon.

Why can't UA strike a deal with Trader Joes or Costco . For the same cost as Sycamore Lane you can get good Australian French Italian and Californian wines.

When I go to the UA lounge and ask for the house liquor beer orwine I'm going to set the record straight and ask for the manager and say I don't drink this cheap swill and in Europe they have Campari for no cost. Even Alaska Aurlines and The Virgin Loft offer better alcohol and Hanger 5 beet.

MGD gets a poor rating on Beer advocate. Does United think were homeless people or college students who can't tell a microbrew from a macrobrew. I'm sure Europeans are upset to drink this crap.

just my 3 cents. I hope UA reads this and goes back to the CO days where you got better complimentary alcohol.
Your boorish behavior will be suitably recognized, I'm sure. Haven't learned much since the Hawaii 21st birthday debacle, have you?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:53 am
Suspended

The complaint with management will do no good. You will receive a polite laugh at the ones in EWR.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:01 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Your boorish behavior will be suitably recognized, I'm sure.
Winner of the coveted RNE's Pick for Post of the Week!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Winner of the coveted RNE's Pick for Post of the Week!
And I appreciate the honor!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:13 pm

In the Atlanta club right now and it's almost comical how crap it is. Closes at 7:15 and has a single bathroom (for both men and women). Embarrassing in my opinion.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gunner14
In the Atlanta club right now and it's almost comical how crap it is. Closes at 7:15 and has a single bathroom (for both men and women). Embarrassing in my opinion.
That's the same as the MSP club, I don't mind it. It's better than the terminal IMO.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
UC : Cheese getting smaller

Feel free to merge with another thread but I have been in three UCs over the past two days (CLE, ORD-C and ATL) and it looks like new Tillamook cheese packages are being rolled out.

Old Package : 0.75 ounces
New Package : 0.50 ounces

Nothing I see worth complaining about but figured I would point out something that appears to be more than just a one-off change to the UC.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Feel free to merge with another thread but I have been in three UCs over the past two days (CLE, ORD-C and ATL) and it looks like new Tillamook cheese packages are being rolled out.

Old Package : 0.75 ounces
New Package : 0.50 ounces

Nothing I see worth complaining about but figured I would point out something that appears to be more than just a one-off change to the UC.
Hopefully they'll make the packages easier to open. It seems like 1/2 the old ones required scissors to open.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA G
Ugh. They shrunk the almond butter packs on the BoB breakfast item a few months back, too. No decrease in price, of course.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: United 1K
The new packaging is much easier - but I agree, I wasn't pleased to see this "enhancement" esp after paying MORE for my renewal than prior years. The value proposition keeps declining in the lounge - worse drinks, worse and less food. Def not competative with AA or DL.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I wish they would rotate the snack mixes. I do love the cheese crackers, but a month ago or so they had the chex mix snack and now it's gone.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
UC : Cheese getting smaller

A handful of cheese is a handful of cheese regardless of the size of the package.

Silly Jeff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.