Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annoying Glitch: Can't See Cancelled PNR After Re-Booked in Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying Glitch: Can't See Cancelled PNR After Re-Booked in Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cool Annoying Glitch: Can't See Cancelled PNR After Re-Booked in Reservations

Anyone else notice this?

You cancel a flight and re-book. It uses the credit left from the cancelled PNR.

After you re-book, the new flight details are no longer visible in your list of upcoming reservations.

Anyone know a workaround to this?

I'd grumble that UA should fix such a basic issue as this, but I'm sure if they do, they'll also "fix" some of the benefits we get that we shouldn't, including no-status friends getting upgraded to Y on reward tickets, and being able to call to "expedite" a GPU conversion to Y when there are technically others in front of you.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: UA GS
Just create a TripPlan and add the reservation to it. This should bring an inactive or cancelled reservation to the current reservations page. Once you remove it from the TripPlan it will go away again, but this is the only workaround I know about. Web support cannot do anything.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
After you go to Manage Reservations, look at Past/Cancelled reservations. When I've had this problem before, they have shown up there.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsl42
Just create a TripPlan and add the reservation to it. This should bring an inactive or cancelled reservation to the current reservations page. Once you remove it from the TripPlan it will go away again, but this is the only workaround I know about. Web support cannot do anything.
Sorry to seem dense, but I can't figure out how to "create a TripPlan" .. can you give me specifics? I appreciate it!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
Yes, it appears that the Inactive tab is missing. Just look it up using PNR and last name. While viewing the reservation, there should be a link at the top to save it to your account. It will then appear in the Past tab again. I had to do this late last week, but I don't remember the exact wording used for that link.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

The reservation will show up on the home page in the next three upcoming trips section and in the inactive tab when you click manage reservations. If you have the mobile app, you can add the pnr to your list of upcoming trips
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

The reservation will show up on the home page in the next three upcoming trips section and in the inactive tab when you click manage reservations. If you have the mobile app, you can add the pnr to your list of upcoming trips
Okay great - I do see it in INACTIVE.. However, how do I make it show up in the mobile app? It is not showing up now.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:49 am

Since my cancelled flight disappeared once again, I can now tell you that the link is "Save to my account".
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by rgrunnah
Sorry to seem dense, but I can't figure out how to "create a TripPlan" .. can you give me specifics? I appreciate it!
Once cancelled and rebooked, United.com still cannot show a reservation in the "Current" tab of "Manage Reservations." This work-around should make it reappear there.

So assuming that you have at least two different reservations* on the the "Current" tab of the "Manage Reservations" page, the following should work:

-Check the "Combine?" box to the left of any one of your reservations, then click the "Combine selected" button. This will create a TripPlan, which allows you to add different but related plane, car, and hotel reservations to view in one place.

-On the following "TripPlan" page, select "Add Reservation"

-On the following "Add Reservation to TripPlan" page, the active reservation you can't usually see may be available to be selected. If so, select it and click "Add." If not, enter the PNR and your last name and search for it.

-Back at the "TripPlan" page, you can go ahead and remove the regular reservation you used initially to set up the TripPlan. The previously hidden reservation should still show in the TripPlan, and it should still show on the "Manage Reservations" screen**, the main United.com screen, and in current itineraries on the smartphone app.

*if you don't have two reservations in "Manage Reservations" simply book two dummy car rental reservations and then cancel when you're done with this.

** itineraries contained in TripPlans appear above freestanding reservations in "Manage Reservations."

Last edited by jsl42; Jun 24, 2013 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:42 pm

JSL, thanks, that helped me figure out how to get my reservation to show up in the Inactive tab. It was in a TripPlan with another reservation that I flew. Once I removed it from the TripPlan, the Inactive tab reappeared with my missing reservation. Now hopefully it will stay there.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Once cancelled and rebooked, United.com still cannot show a reservation in the "Current" tab of "Manage Reservations." This work-around should make it reappear there.

So assuming that you have at least two different reservations* on the the "Current" tab of the "Manage Reservations" page, the following should work:

-Check the "Combine?" box to the left of any one of your reservations, then click the "Combine selected" button. This will create a TripPlan, which allows you to add different but related plane, car, and hotel reservations to view in one place.

-On the following "TripPlan" page, select "Add Reservation"

-On the following "Add Reservation to TripPlan" page, the active reservation you can't usually see may be available to be selected. If so, select it and click "Add." If not, enter the PNR and your last name and search for it.

-Back at the "TripPlan" page, you can go ahead and remove the regular reservation you used initially to set up the TripPlan. The previously hidden reservation should still show in the TripPlan, and it should still show on the "Manage Reservations" screen**, the main United.com screen, and in current itineraries on the smartphone app.

*if you don't have two reservations in "Manage Reservations" simply book two dummy car rental reservations and then cancel when you're done with this.

** itineraries contained in TripPlans appear above freestanding reservations in "Manage Reservations."
I was excited because I have the same problem, but this didn't work. When I pulled it into the TripPlan and deleted the original reservation it removed the whole TripPlan and deleted the Inactive tab so I no longer have the reservation at all and can't pull it back at all. Still playing with it but haven't had any luck.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:25 pm

I always also choose to "Rename Reservation" so maybe that has something to do with a reservation appearing in "Current" rather than "Inactive."

Greg: If you put the reservation back in a TripPlan but then leave it in the TripPlan (and delete other non-relevent record), does it—and the TripPlan—stay on the "Current" tab?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:10 pm

I am unable to get the cancelled reservation into a Trip Plan. The date of the original flight is now past, so that may have something to do with it.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I always also choose to "Rename Reservation" so maybe that has something to do with a reservation appearing in "Current" rather than "Inactive."

Greg: If you put the reservation back in a TripPlan but then leave it in the TripPlan (and delete other non-relevent record), does it—and the TripPlan—stay on the "Current" tab?
I did rename the reservation and then tried to remove the other reservation. That is when the inactive tab was removed and the reservation removed. I have since tried numerous times to create a new plan with one of my existing reservations and to include the old inactive one (a Jan 2014 reservation) by using the reservation number, and it pulls it up, I select "save to my account" and nothing changes when I go to my reservation list. What a pain in the neck bug with their website. So now the reservation is lost from my account and my BF's account (I had tried something with his account a few months ago and just succeeded in losing the Inactive tab and the reservation from his account).

If you have the reservation in your Inactive tab, I would just leave it there unless you are willing to lose it from your account totally.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:22 pm

I would think at this point you could contact Web Support, and see if they can track it down and remove it from its TripPlan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.