Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

flight change - canceled PNR -> 1 pax to 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

I have a situation with a canceled flight reservation that I would like some help on.

Originally I booked a PNR for only myself (one passenger) and then needed to cancel it. The ticket was non-refundable.

So, I now have over $800 credit remaining against that PNR and I would like to use that credit to rebook a new reservation for two passengers (myself and mrs. ddrost1).

Is there a way to do this either by calling or online? If so, how might I go about it?

I would prefer an option short of booking a super-cheap one-way, throw away ticket against the same record locator of the canceled PNR, and then getting the e-cert "refund" back out to book the two pax PNR -- which is the best solution I have come about so far.

Also, if the original PNR was booked on, say 7/15/12, do we have to ONLY rebook by 7/15/13 OR rebook AND complete travel by that date?

Last edited by PV_Premier; Jun 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm Reason: clarifying request for help
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i wanted to clarify the above post as i received some feedback from a couple of members and a moderator that my original request for help was unclear. hopefully someone can be of assistance as i need to use this credit soon!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
You should be able to just call and have an agent help you with your new reservation for 2 people. You only need to rebook by 7/15/13.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.