Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future Hawaii Configuration for pmUA 777 Domestic Aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
(and they did not have power either).
Yes, they did (not 110V though).

Last edited by JAaronT; Oct 13, 2013 at 2:55 pm
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by JAaronT
Yes, they did (not 110V though).
FYI and for the record, I did not say what you quoted above. You are referring to a post made by Kacee.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
FYI and for the record, I did not say what you quoted above. You are referring to a post made by Kacee.
That is bizarre. I quoted her post directly. I have no idea why it would insert your name. I have corrected it now.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I know the seats will need to be retrofitted for power (both F and Y), but is there really streaming onboard video from the get-go?

Also, it wasn't clear to me whether they were installing the satellite wifi in the original refit or whether that was going in during the second refit (when they wire the seats for power). Or perhaps there are going to be three independent refits. Will they be completely replacing the Y seats when they put in power? Have we seen this new Y seat?

What do they have to do to install the satellite wifi? Is there an external satellite radome?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lensman
Is there an external satellite radome?
Yes.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:58 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by JAaronT
That is bizarre. I quoted her post directly. I have no idea why it would insert your name. I have corrected it now.
Not the first time that has happened. Some kind of a bug that every once in a great while pops up
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:34 pm

Smile New 2 Cabin 777 First Class

United 777 2 Cabin

Friend took this for me. He also stated that the legroom was very generous in the new layout. They're grounded at the moment due to the gov't shutdown until the FAA resumes the inspections to clear them for operations.

Last edited by SFnFlaGuy; Oct 14, 2013 at 12:07 am
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
United 777 2 Cabin

Friend took this for me. They're grounded at the moment due to the gov't shutdown until the FAA resumes the inspections to clear them for operations.
^^^
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: United Gold
I CAN. NOT. WAIT. to try these!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

United 777 2 Cabin

Friend took this for me. He also stated that the legroom was very generous in the new layout. They're grounded at the moment due to the gov't shutdown until the FAA resumes the inspections to clear them for operations.
Looks great! Those last row of seats in the center look awful close to the bulkhead though.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawaii_flyer
So I just checked a flight I have in December, Business class HNL-IAH and see that the plane has been switched from a 3class 777 to the new 2-3-2 configuration.
I am booked the same route in May/June next year, too. IAH-HNL-IAH on UA1/UA2 which was supposed to operated by a 764 with flat beds. That was one of the reasons why I chose a routing via IAH. Now they have cancelled UA1/UA2 and replaced it with UA201/UA200 with the same flight times operated by this new bird (777-200 V6).

Thanks for posting the pic SFnFlaGuy! Would your friend also have a pic of the first row? I'm trying to decide whether to reserve a seat in row 1 or further back.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by goliath
Thanks for posting the pic SFnFlaGuy! Would your friend also have a pic of the first row? I'm trying to decide whether to reserve a seat in row 1 or further back.
This plane N213UA (2513) was actually on display during SFO UA family day yesterday, unfortunately it was used as cockpit tour, in the afternoon they actually let plane to go in the plane from door 2L and out from door 1L, take a seat, and every 4-5 people will go in the cockpit for the pilot to explain and answering questions, then people will move up row by row waiting their turns, I didn't take a photo of the legroom as it was jam pack from visitors and UA crew, but did take a few photos.

To answer your question, row 1 did have more legroom especially the center 3 seats (also no one recline into you), more so than the 2 seats side.

Oh btw, there was a card in every seat did mention about streaming entertainment but wifi won't come not til later.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 14, 2013 at 10:07 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Many thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:38 am
RNE

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Oh btw, there was a card in every seat did mention about streaming entertainment but wifi won't come not til later.
Did it mention to what the entertainment streams?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
That's what the UA website says as well: United Airlines - Boeing 777-200 (777) version 6:

Entertainment: Wireless entertainment

Wi-Fi: Coming soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.