Search

No / very limited E+???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aacharya
Umm, United Fleet Status?

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

But why not go with your original post/conspiracy theory, in bold and in all red to boot? FT (at least this forum) has really gone downhill, with folks posting without a lick of research - and everything being linked to a status downgrade for Premiers.
I'm inclined to be a bit more charitable to the OP, though the red was definitely overkill.

OP: The easiest indicator that there is no E+ on the a/c would have been... the seatmap showing no E+.

Just for the record, UA's E+ is real E+ -- there really is more space. So the would be absolutely no sense in making those seats available as regular economy seating. It wouldn't just be a reduction in premier benefits, it would be the elimination of a revenue stream and otherwise absolutely idiotic. No conspiracy theory could possibly explain how UA would benefit from that move.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:56 pm

As an added hint, aircraft without E+ usually have a row 14. One strategy is to avoid that row, just in case your aircraft gets swapped out for one that does have E+.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:52 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by aacharya
But why not go with your original post/conspiracy theory, in bold and in all red to boot? FT (at least this forum) has really gone downhill, with folks posting without a lick of research - and everything being linked to a status downgrade for Premiers.
Thanks for your reply, aacharya. I did not have time to do extensive research, as you have suggested. Not everyone has the time to be as expert as you at finding answers or watches this forum every day, as some likely do. The flight is tomorrow and I do not have time to spend researching FT.

I was being a little "tonque-in-cheek" in my previous post above about the suggestion of cutting benefits for E+ seating, especially for Silver Premiers. I simply threw the question out there and figured someone would have good information for me to use.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
The folks who maintain the fleet page at http://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/ do a great job — navigate to United Mainline Fleet ==>> Boeing 737-900 ===> and filter down to AIRCRAFT = 3451.

You can get the ship number for your flight from the united.com "flight status" page or from the mobile.united.com status page — both will say what aircraft number is assigned to operate your flight.

Thanks mherdeg for your useful information. I appreciate that you took the time to post a comment. I was unaware of the above site and will certainly find the information useful in the future.

Last edited by mkr; Jul 7, 2013 at 3:54 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks mgcsinc for your response. Would you mind informing me where did you get the information for the a/c #3451 to know that it does not have E+ seating? Thanks
No need to even go there - United's own flight status page you got the ship number from has the information.

Seating:
United First®: 2-2 seating layout. Seats have a 21 inch width and 38 inches of pitch.
United Economy®: 3-3 seating layout. Most seats have a 17.2 inch width and 31 inches of pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.