Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are United Club Agents No Longer Able to Assist With Rebooking/Ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, Star Alliance Gold, SPG Platinum, Yelp Elite
Originally Posted by channa
Really? What is everyone else doing wrong?

I've had it take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1:30 (that's one hour, 30 minutes).

I've had two (2) 1+ hour rebooks in 2013 alone.

And several 20 - 45 minute rebooks since 3/3/2012, many of which were with ex-CO agents who should have been familiar with the system.
Umm, wow, even though I am pretty facile at getting problems fixed myself, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of us having a travel agent in house. I have never had to wait that long to get something fixed that the agents at the lounge couldn't handle. 70% of our employees are "virtualized workforce" so we keep her busy.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Ticketing? I'm lucky to get them to rebook me during IRROPS these days!

LAX T6 seems notorious for sending you to the CS counter outside. While I do realize that SHARES is cumbersome and slow, it's not reasonable to expect a pax to buy a membership solely for the fine dining and luxurious accommodations of the UC.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Why didn't you just do it online? Do you call your bank branch and ask them to read you your balance, too?

I don't really blame the agent for not wanting to do something that you could've just done yourself, probably with more ease and certainly saving time.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
What kind of ticketing -- future ticketing or rebooking?

Either way, it can be so time consuming in SHARES, some of the smaller clubs try to push it off -- kind of like how the gate likes to push rebooking to CS, where old UA would have just done it.

I got this all the time from the RCC in SEA before the change over to SHARES.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Were you in the pre-merger Presidents Club at DCA?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mduell
Were you in the pre-merger Presidents Club at DCA?
Is the PMUA club still open?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chiph
Why didn't you just do it online? Do you call your bank branch and ask them to read you your balance, too?

I don't really blame the agent for not wanting to do something that you could've just done yourself, probably with more ease and certainly saving time.
Wow, our expectations have certainly plummeted. To think, a customer wants to give United money, and they can't be bothered to take it because he's not giving it to them through the proper channels! Sheesh.

I run a little business on the side. Customers ask me if I want a check, Paypal, Amazon, cash, etc. My usual response is, 'whatever works for you'.

ANY DAY IS A GOOD DAY TO GET PAID!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, Star Alliance Gold, SPG Platinum, Yelp Elite
Originally Posted by hobo13

LAX T6 seems notorious for sending you to the CS counter outside. While I do realize that SHARES is cumbersome and slow, it's not reasonable to expect a pax to buy a membership solely for the fine dining and luxurious accommodations of the UC.
Wow, I've never had a UA lounge CS do that to me, but then again I've only had the displeasure of going through LAX once this year.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ticketing.html
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Really? What is everyone else doing wrong?

I've had it take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1:30 (that's one hour, 30 minutes).

I've had two (2) 1+ hour rebooks in 2013 alone.

And several 20 - 45 minute rebooks since 3/3/2012, many of which were with ex-CO agents who should have been familiar with the system.
Really. That is part of their job to know how to ticket.

Now, depending on what he/she is trying to do can fluctuate trying to sync or price quote. So in now way is every future ticketing or rebooking the same. So its fair to say some are lengthy, which appears you have had the pleasure of, and some can be very quick.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:14 am
Suspended

Happened to me at T6. I actually got the 1k desk to reissue my ticket i just wanted the UC to print the receipt so I had proof when I went to check in with AS. I also asked for the hotel voucher and they sent me to T7 customer service.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Is the PMUA club [at DCA] still open?
No.
LAX T6 seems notorious for sending you to the CS counter outside.
Ironic, given that the T6 club is legacy CO so they are theoretically adept at SHARES.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:53 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had a similar response at SFO RCC (prior to merger). After I explained that the reservation has been set up, and all they have to do is to validate the cert, she processed it anyways, and the receipt came with an antique sliver color business class ticket holder.

However, if the club only has 1 desk for check-in, they do not do anything related to reservations (e.g., JFK).
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
No.

Ironic, given that the T6 club is legacy CO so they are theoretically adept at SHARES.
Agreed! ^

To be fair, they eventually did it for me.... they just balked about it how much work it was. The funniest quote from the agent was, 'we need to take care of our PAYING customers.' To which I replied, 'what am I?'
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Originally Posted by CALMSP
its not that time consuming. Usually when someone doesnt want to do something, they push it off on someone else.
+1. Lazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.