Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do any of the united clubs have printers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Do any of the united clubs have printers? I forgot to print my boarding pass and don't know a lick of Spanish to get the agent to do it for me at The Bogota airport. I am at Philadelphia now and it does not seem like they have a printer and my next stop on the way to Colombia is Houston. I know they have like 5 united clubs so maybe one of them has a printer? If not I guess I can pull up an online translator on my laptop and get my boarding pass that way. Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Why would you need to speak Spanish to get an agent to print a BP?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Why cant you have an agent print your bp out at philly? especially at the UA club... Also on a side note I think UA has copiers
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:30 pm

The agent can help so you will likely be fine.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

thanks for info will try to get an agent here to see if they can print out my avianca flight ticket. I guess that's the part I left out I should of mentioned that the last segment of my flight is on Avianca airlines but my whole trip was booked as all in one at the same time. I guess Avianca is a partner airline or something I'm not sure.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Aside from the boarding pass question, I believe the clubs do have printers. I know I printed something in the the BOS club (A terminal, I think....the nice one).
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:32 pm

I learned the hard way that Newark UCs in Term C does not.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:00 pm

They also speak English in Bogota...
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by kyle2227
thanks for info will try to get an agent here to see if they can print out my avianca flight ticket. I guess that's the part I left out I should of mentioned that the last segment of my flight is on Avianca airlines but my whole trip was booked as all in one at the same time. I guess Avianca is a partner airline or something I'm not sure.
Avianca just came online as a full *A partner so their systems may not be fully integrated yet, which is why your BP may not have printed, or because you are required to clear some sort of immigration or document check before you make your connection abroad.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
I've used a printer at one of the clubs at IAD (I believe it may have been C7)
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
HKG has a super-aged Laserjet 4000. I wouldn't recommend ever relying on it. Took me about an hour to install drivers / print a visa sheet that I forgot to bring with me for my onward journey.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I remember I think you posted a while back that this was going to be your first international flight? Worry not You'll find the rest of the world very well versed in English, especially at the airport. You will have zero problems getting your boarding pass there, and in the remote case that you might, all you need is:

"Por favor, necesito una tarjeta de embarque para mi vuelo Avianca 12345 de Bogotá a XXXXX. Aqui tiene mi pasaporte."

Have a fun trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.