Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can't book a specific award ticket online, but don't want to pay $25 phone fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:20 am
Original Poster

This is the first time I've wanted to book an award ticket on the United website and received an error message after putting in all the necessary information.

I'm booking a 65,000 mile saver fare and maximizing its value by using both open-jaw allowances and one stopover. My itinerary is NYC-FRA (stopover), CPH-BKK-DEN.

I'm pretty sure the reason why the website is choking on it a bit is because one of my open jaws is in Europe, not Asia. In any case, there are no rules prohibiting anything in my itinerary and therefore I need to book over the phone.

Is there any way that I can avoid paying this ridiculous fee?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by gellison47
This is the first time I've wanted to book an award ticket on the United website and received an error message after putting in all the necessary information.

I'm booking a 65,000 mile saver fare and maximizing its value by using both open-jaw allowances and one stopover. My itinerary is NYC-FRA (stopover), CPH-BKK-DEN.

I'm pretty sure the reason why the website is choking on it a bit is because one of my open jaws is in Europe, not Asia. In any case, there are no rules prohibiting anything in my itinerary and therefore I need to book over the phone.

Is there any way that I can avoid paying this ridiculous fee?
It's possible the agent will waive it for you because it's complex and can't be booked online, but they're not obligated to do that. Nothing else you can do but call and if they require the fee..so be it.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Transiting both oceans requires payment of the RTW rate.

Can you book this as two one-ways?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.