Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zcat18
Why the upgrade if no status? Op up? TOD?
SPG Platinum members are eligible for upgrades on DL flights.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zcat18
Why the upgrade if no status? Op up? TOD?
I think if you are Spg platinum, you get put at the bottom of the upgrade list after they do their elites
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by entropy
I think the OP is interested in sharing his "trip to the other side", as OP was a UA flyer.

UA is quite sad these days.. I'm afraid
Yup, and in many cases, the DL RJ experience is better than the UA mainline experience.

Very sad.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mherdeg
SPG Platinum members are eligible for upgrades on DL flights.
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
I think if you are Spg platinum, you get put at the bottom of the upgrade list after they do their elites
Ah, I see. Nice.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by channa
Yup, and in many cases, the DL RJ experience is better than the UA mainline experience....
Could you expand on this assertion? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trk1
This should be posted on the Delta site
No, it's actually very relevant on this forum...just because it's not nice to UA doesn't mean it's not appropriate here
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
If you are going to make a habit of this, try the status match challenge. I also had my first DL flight in a long time this year, but have been flying as Plat. (So far, DL has been better than UA, but not enough to make up for SkyPesos.)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by channa
Yup, and in many cases, the DL RJ experience is better than the UA mainline experience....
Was my description not enough? I got a pillow a bottle of water. A blanket without asking. Oh and I got upgraded with no dl status v 1k ua had gotten me zero upgrades the last few months. I'm excited to know if there's any snack on the flight

Originally Posted by PVDProf
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
If you are going to make a habit of this, try the status match challenge. I also had my first DL flight in a long time this year, but have been flying as Plat. (So far, DL has been better than UA, but not enough to make up for SkyPesos.)
Prob not. I think I'm gonna make aa my primary. Platinum for life already. And I'm done chasing status. It may have been fun for awhile but is rather spend the time home w friends v mileage running all the time.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 16, 2014 at 4:50 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member / cleaned up formatting
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, 1 Million Miler, AA ExPlat
So far, over the last 3 months since my status challenge, I have spent $25K that would have gone to UAL. As an aside, the e-mail I sent to 1K Voice informing them of my intention to leave after 1.8 Million miles and many years with them never received a response.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonehead
DL RJ's in F:

- Bottle of water on seat
- Pillow, blanket on seat
- Glassware
- Tray linens, meals served on china (if meal flight)
- WiFi (I think DL is done with WiFi on the RJs now)

DL has done a really nice job narrowing the gap between mainline and RJ service.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by channa
- WiFi (I think DL is done with WiFi on the RJs now)
You are correct. All the 2-class DL RJs -- about 275 E70, E75, CR7, CR9 -- have had wifi for a while. I'll assume that the 40 incremental CR9s being delivered see wifi before they enter service.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You are correct. All the 2-class DL RJs -- about 275 E70, E75, CR7, CR9 -- have had wifi for a while. I'll assume that the 40 incremental CR9s being delivered see wifi before they enter service.
DL does still have aircraft without wifi (or power or in-seat IFE). I flew one of them (an MD90) MSP-SFO recently. They also neglected to clean the aircraft. I was less than impressed by DL overall (though the new terminal at MSP is SPECTACULAR).
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
DL does still have aircraft without wifi (or power or in-seat IFE). I flew one of them (an MD90) MSP-SFO recently. They also neglected to clean the aircraft. I was less than impressed by DL overall (though the new terminal at MSP is SPECTACULAR).
DL has had mainline WiFi done for a couple years now. If you didn't have WiFi, it was probably INOP.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Wow. Amazing. Yes it had wifi. The snack basket on an rj was way better than us. And the fa loaded me up. Like 2 of every item and there was a lot of stuff. Drink in a glass. And 3 limes and I didn't even ask. 2 shots of vodka. I am beyond impressed. I'm so glad I'm not on ua. $1000 more bucks this year there and then I'm done unless it really really makes sense to use them. Some lucky friend is gonna get my 8 gpus next year lol (no I'm not giving them away here so plz don't ask)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by Kacee
WiFi is easy to install. As for the power and IFE, they just recently bought and are still bringing in airplanes from other (mostly foreign) carriers, and it takes time to get the airplanes scheduled into the proper maintenance facility to get the upgrades done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.