Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about 737-900 (739)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
If you have the new leather seats, those aren't bad. They are infinitely better than the slimline seats found on the Airbuses.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Thanks. I have 2E,F on 4 upcoming segments for myself and Mrs Wooglin. Just looking for validation that there wasn't a good reason not to have picked them
Anyone know if there is a cutout in front of the A/B or D/F side on the FC bulkhead? Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Anyone know if there is a cutout in front of the A/B or D/F side on the FC bulkhead? Thanks.
No cutouts that I have ever seen. But I do still tend to select 1B in case the flight is subbed with a 737-800 which does have a cutout for 1B only.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by blueman2
No cutouts that I have ever seen. But I do still tend to select 1B in case the flight is subbed with a 737-800 which does have a cutout for 1B only.
Thank you!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: United, Turkish
Need help on disabililty issue

I have separately posted about my seat reservation disappearing and being forced to change flights. DW is disabled a I am careful on picking seats.

Now DW and I have Monday Nov 28 IAD-LAX -HNL and we have 5 A&B on UA 319 and 1 E&F on UA 1224

I have always avoided the first and last rows on 737 first class due to legroom and recline issues. Can someone with much better skills than I have tell me if there is any special concern with these seats on this flight?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by morelegroom
I have separately posted about my seat reservation disappearing and being forced to change flights. DW is disabled a I am careful on picking seats.

Now DW and I have Monday Nov 28 IAD-LAX -HNL and we have 5 A&B on UA 319 and 1 E&F on UA 1224

I have always avoided the first and last rows on 737 first class due to legroom and recline issues. Can someone with much better skills than I have tell me if there is any special concern with these seats on this flight?
Moderator note:

As it appears (for now) that the OP's flights are on a 737-900 and then 737-800, I will move/copy this post to both the 737-900 and 737-800 threads so please no reports of cross posting

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by morelegroom

5AB have limited recline, and back right up to the lavatory (noise & smell).

1EF have restricted legroom due to the galley, and also suffer noise from the galley.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
E+, bulkhead or exit row?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Exit row every time for me, though I value the several extra inches of leg room over anything else. Bulkhead has a slight risk of bump due to passenger with disability.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
I just pick E+ toward the front, e.g. rows 9-11, and hope I don't get reclined into. The bulkheads are too close to the lav, and the exit row seats have less padding (which is quite noticeable on the slimlines), and the window has a pathetic little mini armrest.

Basically there are no good Y seats on this aircraft.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Are there different versions of pivot bins on these planes?

On a recent 739 flight I'm pretty sure the pivot-bins only allow for horizontal bag storage (i.e. no more bags than a conventional bin). However I think I can remember other UA aircraft with bags turning onto their side (i.e. "50%" more bags per bin). Am I going crazy or not?

(I must say, the slimlines on these planes don't fit my body at all - the headrest protrudes too much so I can't sit comfortably at all. Admittedly they are softer than the A320 Recaros, but the Recaros have more than enough padding for me already.)
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
I just pick E+ toward the front, e.g. rows 9-11, and hope I don't get reclined into. The bulkheads are too close to the lav, and the exit row seats have less padding (which is quite noticeable on the slimlines), and the window has a pathetic little mini armrest.

Basically there are no good Y seats on this aircraft.
This. I would take rows 8-10 over either because the mid-lav ruins the bulkhead. Maybe 21 C/D if I were an aisle person, but I'm not.

Originally Posted by televisor
Are there different versions of pivot bins on these planes?

On a recent 739 flight I'm pretty sure the pivot-bins only allow for horizontal bag storage (i.e. no more bags than a conventional bin). However I think I can remember other UA aircraft with bags turning onto their side (i.e. "50%" more bags per bin). Am I going crazy or not?
I'm not up on on all the bin types, but the 739 fleet has a wide variety of Boeing interiors. The United Fleet Site has a list by tail number.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
[The new 739 seats are] the worst. Bring a pillow!
OMG. Finally got stuck in Y EWR-DEN last night in 8F (new seat). Had to be one of the worst experiences of my life in terms of seat comfort. Narrow, and short seat pan. I was fidgeting after about 45 minutes. Justifies my FC buy-ups on all my business trips on mainline planes, even it it means taking flights at non-optimal times or with crazy connections instead of non-stops (as long as the price isn't out-of-whack).

I would have been much happier on the one-seat side of an ERJ-145.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
This is of no consequence whatsoever, but I noticed on two flights with v2/v3, that 11C has a "stow headrest for takeoff/landing" placard in front of it, i.e. on the back of 10C. That's the row where there's no window. I didn't notice the same placard on any other E+ seat (although I didn't venture beyond the exit rows). On two different aircraft (both sky interior and slimlines).

Anyone know why that seat is special?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:11 pm

739 Row 2 w/ DirectTV

Hi,

I will be on a flight from SFO-BOS in Row 2. I've read that row 2 is not a standard first seat because of the DirectTV equipment. Can anyone confirm if there is limited legroom in this row? Would 4F be the better choice?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.