Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
There have been numerous reports of a lack of saver award availability to Asia / Oceania and Europe here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-62.html

So your report is not surprising, the general consensus seems to be that UA and *A in general are extremely tight on saver awards at the moment and many routes that used to be plentiful have nothing. The potential reasons are widely discussed in the thread above, but it seems more and more that booking either last minute or as early as possible is the only way to secure international saver awards at the present time.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
As a 1K, I see saver availability in both coach and front cabin RDU-SCL on almost every day of that 3 month period. There's only 12 days out of those 92 w/o saver awards (mostly Wed-Sun in 2nd half December). Being a 1K looks like it has its privileges...
Old May 2, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
As a 1K, I see saver availability in both coach and front cabin RDU-SCL on almost every day of that 3 month period. There's only 12 days out of those 92 w/o saver awards (mostly Wed-Sun in 2nd half December). Being a 1K looks like it has its privileges...
Several, including me, are seeing nothing using EF - this would imply a cut that has nothing to do with status inventory.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitchmu
Several, including me, are seeing nothing using EF - this would imply a cut that has nothing to do with status inventory.
Interesting. After I log out, I still see lots of inventory. They are bookable. Not sure why OP can't see/boook. I guess 1K ain't that special...
Old May 2, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Not sure why OP can't see/boook. I guess 1K ain't that special...
It is for coach space on UA metal (sometimes), but not for business, first, or upgrade space
Old May 2, 2013, 1:10 pm

I guess 1K ain't that special...
Turns out, that's true ... ;-)

This is what it looks like to be no-longer-over-entitled.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw, TATL LX business award on LH M&M and booked. 2x checking with UA on same flights, there was nothing. And two of these flights were I9, one was I8.
Not sure, if this an UA thing only? or Starblocking is back?
Old May 2, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I am curious how being 1K helps to find availability to SCL when UA doesnt fly to SCL?

Also isnt extra coach availability available to any elite level, so again, I dont understand what being 1K has to do with it?
Old May 2, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am curious how being 1K helps to find availability to SCL when UA doesnt fly to SCL?

Also isnt extra coach availability available to any elite level, so again, I dont understand what being 1K has to do with it?
I was actually posting about availability on any airline via MP award.

OP does not indicate status and OP indicated he/she was looking at forward cabins.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 2, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was actually posting about availability on any airline via MP award.
1Ks (or any elites) do not have any extra inventory on other airlines than UA @:-)
Old May 2, 2013, 4:12 pm

1Ks (or any elites) do not have any extra inventory on other airlines than UA @:-)
What are the buckets where elites have extra inventory?

I know for a fact that R=RN and usually = 0 ever since the takeover. I've never seen a case of RN > R since $mi$ek took control.

Are there particular buckets for which the "N" bucket often has more inventory than the corresponding non-N bucket?
Old May 2, 2013, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitchmu

Are there particular buckets for which the "N" bucket often has more inventory than the corresponding non-N bucket?
yes its XN and IN for eco/biz.

No extra inventory for Global First.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:45 pm

As an example, I looked at I/IN for SFO/NRT for 10/2 - 10/15 +/- 3 days.

First of all both I and IN have almost entirely disappeared. I already reported about no I or IN in Jul/Aug but they seem to have taken it away from Oct as well now.

Second, in every single instance, I=IN. It's never more than 1 or 2.

Can you see some cases for TPAC or TATL where IN > I?
Old May 2, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

IN is never greater than I
Old May 2, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
IN is never greater than I
So, where exactly is the benefit for being loyal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.