Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to telephone Heathrow Express

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Trying to telephone Heathrow Express

I paid for a return ticket Heathrow to Paddington in the upcoming month and my credit charge has already been charged. I have done this many times before and have typically been sent a confirmation and barcode for the conductor whilst I've boarded.

This time I've received nothing and have inquired twice on the Heathrow Express website. They have to responded via e-mai for over 10 days. I've tried using the telephone contact number they gave me, but it does not work.

Am I using the right number? Anybody have a suggestion on the best way to call? The number Im using is 011 44 345 600 1515 (calling from USA)z. I just get a fast busy signal. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:28 pm

+44 20 8750 6600 is another number of theirs. Not sure if there are quirks when dialing +44 345 numbers from overseas, as they are a form of a national toll free type number.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Basic question but have you checked your spam folder?

Was in similar position with another train operator and repeatedly asked to resend but nothing arrived but on checking spam it was there. They had changed the wording of the email and the spam filter didn't like it.

Do you have an account with HEX? You should be able to check email address they sent it to as well as ask to resend the voucher.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
+44 20 8750 6600 is another number of theirs. Not sure if there are quirks when dialing +44 345 numbers from overseas, as they are a form of a national toll free type number.
0345 are geographical numbers so chargeable. They were never in the range of free to call numbers which often couldn't be called from outside the UK

But many UK phone providers now include 03xx Numbers within their calling plans so if you have the right uk plan they are free.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The App is good for online purchases - you get a 3 way confirmation via SMS, a ticket in Apple Wallet and an email. Almost too much.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
If worse comes to the worse - I would expect HEX to be quite lenient (in my opinion) with this and you could board and let the conductor know.

Me personally, I find their Twitter account to be very useful in dealing with this kind of stuff. You could try that?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for help and advice. I finally got through and solved my problem. It appears that the Heathrow Express Website does not e-mail "bar codes" anymore and simply sends a confirmation number (which I hadn't gotten, but did after I called in).

Also, the "345" sequence in a call to the UK from the US does not appear to work and jinx's the call.

Regardless, I now know the proper number to call the Heathrow Express and I'm grateful for the help.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Just tried the 011 44 345 600 1515 number from my office phone here in the US, worked fine for me.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:13 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I know the thread is more than two years old, but this update might stop someone dialling the number offered above ending in 6600 -- like I just did.

The number does indeed connect to a department at the right company, but it's Operations and they can't put you through to Customer Service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.