Wiki Posts
Search

Drunk passenger sneaks onto empty plane on runway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Drunk passenger sneaks onto empty plane on runway

Lee Jezard had planned to catch a 7:30 PM flight from Birmingham Airport to Ibiza, but he arrived too late.

What's a sensible lad to do in this situation? He rebooked his flight for the next day of course, but... Lee didn't have the money to stay the night at a nearby hotel, so instead he found a bar at the airport and proceeded to have a few drinks.

Later in the evening he decided that it would be a good idea to crawl up a luggage conveyer belt and make his way across the airfield and into an empty plane.

That's where he bumped into an on-duty cleaner. Lee first tried to convince the man that he was the plane's co-pilot, but the cleaner didn't believe his story and called airport police.

In an interview Lee was quoted as saying...

"My response after being arrested was I just did it to prove how bad airport security is. It's a good job I am not a terrorist. It's funny to my mates but I suppose it isn't funny for the airport. I couldn't believe how easily I got through, no-one stopped me or confronted me once between the check-in desk and the airfield. They said they would have to shut down the airport and search everywhere. The police who arrested me didn't even know what to arrest me on, they had to go and print something off."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...-cleaners.html
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Didn't have the money to stay the night at a nearby hotel, but had money to have a few drinks a bar at the airport (at airport prices)
---- says it all
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
In days gone by (the 90's) I managed to walk out of the terminal in Sydney and across to my waiting plane to Canberra - which was empty. I installed myself in 2A and waited.....and was surprised to see the pilot arrive. Ten minutes later I walked forward to the cabin and asked if we were delayed. I then discovered I had just missed the bus which would take me to the Canberra plane and accidentally boarded the wrong one!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:24 am

Empty plain on RUNWAY???

Surely even a Daily Mail reporter should know what a runway is??!!

The only time you would find an empty plane on a runway would be after an emergency evacuation...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Talking

To be fair, if you are booked on a flight from BHX to Ibiza, surely being drunk is identification enough, you probably don't even need a boarding pass!

Ken.

Willard the Bear - or a bear....
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:29 pm

Drunk passengers wander on to planes each and every day - most them directly from the FF lounges - no big deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.