FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drunk passenger sneaks onto empty plane on runway
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:19 am
FTcadence

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Drunk passenger sneaks onto empty plane on runway

Lee Jezard had planned to catch a 7:30 PM flight from Birmingham Airport to Ibiza, but he arrived too late.

What's a sensible lad to do in this situation? He rebooked his flight for the next day of course, but... Lee didn't have the money to stay the night at a nearby hotel, so instead he found a bar at the airport and proceeded to have a few drinks.

Later in the evening he decided that it would be a good idea to crawl up a luggage conveyer belt and make his way across the airfield and into an empty plane.

That's where he bumped into an on-duty cleaner. Lee first tried to convince the man that he was the plane's co-pilot, but the cleaner didn't believe his story and called airport police.

In an interview Lee was quoted as saying...

"My response after being arrested was I just did it to prove how bad airport security is. It's a good job I am not a terrorist. It's funny to my mates but I suppose it isn't funny for the airport. I couldn't believe how easily I got through, no-one stopped me or confronted me once between the check-in desk and the airfield. They said they would have to shut down the airport and search everywhere. The police who arrested me didn't even know what to arrest me on, they had to go and print something off."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...-cleaners.html