TK is useless

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
TK is useless

the title says it all
(and deleting this thread doesn't change the facts)
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
At least post some reasons and/or evidence that makes you think so, instead of wasting your time with a completely useless thread.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

1. TK sells C-class, switches aircraft w/o C-class, stewards mark flight coupon to Y-class, but NO refund from TK since April;
2. On TK C-class flights paid for and flown, TK reports to UA that it is K-class;
3. TK-Istanbul says senior discount at 60, while int'l office says 65;
4. When flying TK into IST in C-class to meet my wife departing together for FCO but in Y, TK lounge would not allow companion wife into TK lounge and (a) I am *G and (b) had written OK from TK-IST
As I said, TK is useless!
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
At least post some reasons and/or evidence that makes you think so, instead of wasting your time with a completely useless thread.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:47 pm

I can think of more descriptive words than "useless."
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So can I. So when I get back to CONUS they'll hereinafter be termed DEFENDANT

Originally Posted by macabus
I can think of more descriptive words than "useless."
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
To be fare, I don't disagree. I've read some awful stories of TK. Hopefully my upcoming travel will go more smoothly than I'm beginning to believe. I've had horrible experiences just trying to talk to someone on their US 800# so I can only imagine what annoyances await me in IST and at the CIP lounge there.

I just saw little point in a useless thread starter without actual content.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Once suit is instituted against TK (I'm an attorney and this suit is going to be a pleasure to pursue) there's a great Federal law that allows me to get a Federal Marshall to seize any TK assets that might be removed from the Court's jurisdiction, such as one of their planes. Hopefully the plane seized (yes, like LH learned the hard way years back, they can eventually bond the seized plane out, but in he former instance it took 3-days as I made sure I filed at 5-minutes to 5PM on a Friday and the motion does NOT require TK to be noticed or even be represented) won't be the one your flying on.

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
To be fare, I don't disagree. I've read some awful stories of TK. Hopefully my upcoming travel will go more smoothly than I'm beginning to believe. I've had horrible experiences just trying to talk to someone on their US 800# so I can only imagine what annoyances await me in IST and at the CIP lounge there.

I just saw little point in a useless thread starter without actual content.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Once suit is instituted against TK (I'm an attorney and this suit is going to be a pleasure to pursue) there's a great Federal law that allows me to get a Federal Marshall to seize any TK assets that might be removed from the Court's jurisdiction, such as one of their planes. Hopefully the plane seized (yes, like LH learned the hard way years back, they can eventually bond the seized plane out, but in he former instance it took 3-days as I made sure I filed at 5-minutes to 5PM on a Friday and the motion does NOT require TK to be noticed or even be represented) won't be the one your flying on.
LOL. This should be good. Once you are done with TK, can you please turn your attention to UA, AA et al.?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Can you provide a link to some evidence of your seizure of an LH aircraft? Doesn't it tell you something that you've had to sue two airlines to right customer service wrongs? Isn't it odd that nobody seems to be providing a wholesale endorsement of your viewpoint?

Like others, I've flown TK intra-Turkey many times, particularly when they were still codesharing with OW airlines, and while I wouldn't say they are a BA or SQ, the service and overall flight was fine by any standards. I just flew a segment a few weeks ago in C and another in Y and even found the Y meal of high enough quality to warrant stealing food from my SO.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Since TK's Customer Service incompetents do not reply to any type of complaints, it seems to take a US instituted lawsuit and the seizure of assets to get these incompetents attention. If that's what it takes against TK then they have brought it upon themselves. Besides, actual damages, TK can also pay the $300 filing fee, my $400/hr billing rate and their attorney fees in addition to the cost of bonding their aircraft out from seizure.

As to evidence of seizing LH aircraft, although I'm currently in Saudi the reference can be found at Klein vs. Lufthansa filed in Federal District Court -Atlanta (Fulton County) Division back in 1986/7.

As to others not jumping on the band-wagon, perhaps they haven't been screwed over by TK yet, but if there are others out there I'd be happy to file against TK as class-action.

International Airline ResourcesBack

Domestic Airline Resources

International Airline Resources

Secretary of State Corporate Records Search

Congressional Aviation Subcommittee

Guide to Finding and Understanding Your Corporate Defendant

TURKISH AIRLINES

Contract of Carriage Terms:

Unavailable online. Contact the carrier directly as the airline is required by law to maintain and provide a copy of the contract upon request.

Contact Information:

United States:
625 North Michigan Avenue
Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: (312) 943-7858
Toll Free: (800) 874-8875
Fax: (312) 943-7843
http://www.turkishairlines.com/

In the alternative:
1400 Old Country Road
Suite 304
Westbury, NY 11590
Phone: (516) 247-5402
Toll Free: (800) 874-8875
Fax: (516) 247-5435
Email

Turkey:
General Management Building
Ataturk Airport
Yesilkoy 34830
Istanbul
Turkey
Phone: (90) 212-663-6300
Fax: (90) 212-663-4744
Email

Customer Relations Compliant Contact:

Phone: (212) 663-6355
Fax: (212) 663-4049
Email

Officers of the Company:
Depending on the nature of your complaint you may want to send your letter to the appropriate officer of the company or cc that person on your letter, along with the Department of Transportation and other relevant consumer organizations.

Dr. Candan Karlitekin: Chairman
Rengin Akillioglu: Chief Finance Officer

Enjoy your TK flights............

[QUOTE=DillMan;10506889]Can you provide a link to some evidence of your seizure of an LH aircraft? Doesn't it tell you something that you've had to sue two airlines to right customer service wrongs? Isn't it odd that nobody seems to be providing a wholesale endorsement of your viewpoint?

Last edited by BKKLEE; Oct 12, 2008 at 1:14 am Reason: added information
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:02 am

I truly think the OP is overreacting.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by macabus
I truly think the OP is overreacting.
Absolutely. Or simply too much time on hand.

1, Would also be interesting to read which flight was switched from C to an aircraft without C? TK has on most shorthaul AC the curtain between C and Y while seats are the same (except for those flying longer sectors). All longhaul AC have a real biz section.
2, It happens from time to time within all alliances that airlines report wrong booking classes. You can still send in the receipts
3, He should simply fax the office the T&C which will exactly tell what age is entitled to discounts. Airlines reps being wrong even happens on so called 5* airlines.
4, You can send the TK lounge dragons to a training with UA, US and some LH ladies.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Someone takes himself very important here.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Jeddah to Istanbul to Rome. scheduled to be B737-800's with C but unilaterally changed to A321's w/o
The steward on the IST-FCO flight actually took my Y-class boarding card and stramped the back that a refund was due, but that was back on 05 April and TK Customer Services won't even respond, but TK WILL after being sued!

It is TK-IST that has stated Sr Disc @ 60, but their incopetent Jeddah office disagrees and refused to sell Sr ticket, but easy, let a US District Court judge look at the evidence and damages be awarded accordingly

As for lounge access refusal, since it's in accordance with *A rules and was a violation of what TK-IST stated in writing (FRAUD) again damages+ punitives!

Originally Posted by vivamuci
Absolutely. Or simply too much time on hand.

1, Would also be interesting to read which flight was switched from C to an aircraft without C? TK has on most shorthaul AC the curtain between C and Y while seats are the same (except for those flying longer sectors). All longhaul AC have a real biz section.
2, It happens from time to time within all alliances that airlines report wrong booking classes. You can still send in the receipts
3, He should simply fax the office the T&C which will exactly tell what age is entitled to discounts. Airlines reps being wrong even happens on so called 5* airlines.
4, You can send the TK lounge dragons to a training with UA, US and some LH ladies.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:15 am

Jeddah to Istanbul to Rome. scheduled to be B737-800's with C but unilaterally changed to A321's w/o
The steward on the IST-FCO flight actually took my Y-class boarding card and stramped the back that a refund was due, but that was back on 05 April and TK Customer Services won't even respond, but TK WILL after being sued!
Was this the return portion of a trip started in Rome or did you start the trip of this ticket in Jeddah? If ticketed in Rome at least the EU compensation rules would help you pretty quick. So they simply removed the curtain between C and Y in the A321? Was the flight full?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.