Search

TK lounge/contract lounge at SIN and IST

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
TK lounge/contract lounge at SIN and IST

I'd like to take a shower at SIN (departing from) and IST (arriving to, and departing from -layovers). I understand that its the SATS Premier Lounge in SIN which is for TK J flyers, and at IST I have access to both an arrivals lounge and a departures lounge.

What is the lounge that is recommended for me (all I want is a quick shower - not interested in drinks/food). I understand that there can be quite a wait for showers at all 3 lounges in question. Is that a valid concern? (I know this is most likely dependent on time of arrival and departure but unfortunately my flights are all over the place).

I also have access to Priority pass. Flights are all in J class but no airline status.

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
J class pax on TK (and any other J class pax on Star Alliance) have access to the SQ Business Class lounge in SIN. Plenty of showers there.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
J class pax on TK (and any other J class pax on Star Alliance) have access to the SQ Business Class lounge in SIN. Plenty of showers there.
This?

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...es/silverkris/

I was not aware that J class tickets on Star allowed for access for other Star lounges and not just for the one contracted by the operating carrier - thanks.

Flying out of T1 in SIN and I understand that all terminals are connected airside. Any recommendation for T2 or T3 SilverKris lounge for shower availability?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
This?

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...es/silverkris/

I was not aware that J class tickets on Star allowed for access for other Star lounges and not just for the one contracted by the operating carrier - thanks.

Flying out of T1 in SIN and I understand that all terminals are connected airside. Any recommendation for T2 or T3 SilverKris lounge for shower availability?
There is no "airside" in Changi, security is at the gate.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by dera
There is no "airside" in Changi, security is at the gate.
Airside in the airport means that you have crossed the immegration point of country and have effectively left the country and are "in the air". Although security at Changi is at the gate, they still have airside and people transiting through it don't have to inter the country in most of the cases.

Last edited by lento; Apr 30, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by lento
Airside in the airport means that you have crossed the immegration point of country and have effectively left the country and are "in the air".
And it refers to areas of the airport where people without boarding passes can't go.

And yes, at Changi T1, T2 and T3 are connected airside - you can circulate without passing Singaporean immigration.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by lento
Airside in the airport means that you have crossed the immegration point of country and have effectively left the country and are "in the air". Although security at Changi is at the gate, they still have airside and people transiting through it don't have to inter the country in most of the cases.
So at your home airport, "airside" would be non-Schengen? What about domestic flights? Maybe you need to rethink your definition.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
OP: Fancy meeting you again!

I was never clear on whether a Business class passenger on a Star Alliance carrier can access a Star partner lounge if he/she doesn't have Star Gold status. It looks like it can work. In that instance your best bet is to go to the SQ Silver Kris lounge. The showers in the SKL in T3 are smallish rooms with a shower stall (including toilet and sink) that tie to a larger bathroom with multiple basins outside. My sense is that there's say ten showers in that room. Although the SKL is pretty big it can get crowded, so there might be a wait depending on time of day, but I'd presume it wouldn't be more than 15 minutes. The SKL in T2 should be similar.

Take note that there is a SQ Kris Gold lounge which is strictly for Star Gold status flyers flying on economy. That lounge has no bathroom facilities whatsoever. You won't end up there; with a business boarding pass you'll be steered towards the SKL.

Once you have your TK boarding pass, assuming you're in T1, assume you need about 15/20 minutes to get between either of the SKLs to your TK boarding gate. Note also that SQ does not do boarding announcements so keep close track of the time. SATS will, so I suggest you go to do the shower at the SKL first, then take it easy at the SATS lounge in T1. FYI the TG lounge in T1 is next door to the SATS lounge, if you want to wander over.

I can't speak to Priority Pass lounges, I never needed it.

Last edited by dsgtc0408; Apr 30, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
I can't speak to Priority Pass lounges, I never needed it.
The Plaza Premium lounge in T1 accepts Priority Pass for entry and has 6 shower rooms with amenities per their website (https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...city=Singapore). I've used that lounge via Priority Pass but never the showers, so I can't confirm they are included with a Priority Pass entrance, but I've read online that they are.

If you aren't paying per visit with your particular Priority Pass membership, it may be worth checking with the Plaza Premium front desk. If showers are available without any wait and included, I'd go there. The SKLs in T2 and T3 are nice (and accessible with your TK J boarding pass), but if you only want a shower and Plaza Premium in T1 has a vacant shower room, that would be easiest.
Old May 1, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by duvin
So at your home airport, "airside" would be non-Schengen? What about domestic flights? Maybe you need to rethink your definition.
Maybe my definition was incomplete and was defined for international non-schengen type airport's (eg Changi). Airoli above have completed it:
Originally Posted by airoli
And it refers to areas of the airport where people without boarding passes can't go.

And yes, at Changi T1, T2 and T3 are connected airside - you can circulate without passing Singaporean immigration.
In any case , Changi has airside.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
There is a priority pass lounge at IST with showers - typically much less crowded than the TK lounge. If you have access to both you can shower in the PP lounge and then eat in the TK lounge.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. I think it may make sense to head to the Premium Plaza lounge at SIN, and even at IST perhaps.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
This trip report might give you a good idea what to expect at the SATS lounge (the one for your shower). It's relevant to you up to the picture of the security screening at the gate.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...nge-singapore/

Interestingly the SATS Premier lounge is one of your Priority Pass choices in T1.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...d-fbe75eea5263
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is the SQ Silverkris Buisness Class lounge still available for TK biz pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.