Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TK Elite Card without expiry date

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I received an Elite card without a date and within days a classic plus when they downgraded me and didn't fulfil the TK status challenge. As has been reported elsewhere they have reinstated to Elite those who had been downgraded and today I received my elite card which now has the expiry date reinstated

#makeyourmindup !
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:34 pm

Same here. Elite with no expiry date. Does anyone know how it works when you enter a non-TK *A lounge? Do they look up your card in the system and cross-check card validity?

Last edited by highlander85; Mar 30, 2017 at 5:02 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Just because there is no expiry date printed on the card does not mean that there isn't one programmed into the magnetic stripe on the back. At many *A lounges, I see the attendants swipe the card through a card reader....
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:53 am
tcm

Has anyone tried using the QR-Code on the TK mobile app to enter other *A or contract lounges? I wonder if it works like swiping the physical card at outstations.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by tcm
Has anyone tried using the QR-Code on the TK mobile app to enter other *A or contract lounges? I wonder if it works like swiping the physical card at outstations.
I use QR-Code for the United clubs in the USA and it works, if your status doesn't pop up on their computer you need to scan it again, usually works in 2nd attempt if not in 1st.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: TK Elite +, QR Gold
LHR Dragons in LH lounge

Totally agree - they dislike TK cards and if renewals done have expiry dates they will query this.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Yesterday went through 8-10 lounges in ams,zrh,gva,muc, mostly LH senator/business and in every one of them they scanned the boarding pass (didnt have *G linked to it) and then manually put the code from app to computer. No-one had an idea how to use the qr.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Since the new card has no expiry date on it, could someone clarify how the end date works on TK?

On the website I have a specific date (say March 12, 2018 ), whereas on the app it only says (Through March 2018) How does TK handles membership year's end? My problem is that I have a flight where the inbound falls a few days out of the end of my trail (i.e. the exact date) period and I would like to understand (1) whether there is a way to include the inbound flight to the previous year (2) If I will still have access to priority lines / lounges after the exact date on the website.

I hope I made myself clear
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Elite Plus M+S
The end of the membership year is as far as i know always the last day of the month.

Btw TK M&S is sending out new membership cards for those who got the one without date with the valid thru printed on. Got mine this week together with a letter:

"Dear Mr. ...., the membership card that we sent you was printed incorrectly due to a system error. To revent any inconvenience due to the said error, we present you with your new membership card and remind you that the expiration dates registered in our systems are valid. ....."
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kumpel64
The end of the membership year is as far as i know always the last day of the month.

Btw TK M&S is sending out new membership cards for those who got the one without date with the valid thru printed on. Got mine this week together with a letter:

"Dear Mr. ...., the membership card that we sent you was printed incorrectly due to a system error. To revent any inconvenience due to the said error, we present you with your new membership card and remind you that the expiration dates registered in our systems are valid. ....."
👍
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kumpel64

4 Elites cards without expiry dates only received 2 replacements so far.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:40 pm

For TK Elite cards with no expiry date - it's encoded on the magnetic stripe. Once, I tried to enter a lounge with an expired card, the lounge attendant swiped my card and I was told the card was expired.

Interestingly, this was even when my Elite membership was already extended and I was TK Elite at the time.

She then just overwrote my LH FQTV with TK and the system showed her I'm TK *G.
Anyway, it's best to use the TK mobile app. Over there, it shows the expiry date in the MM/YY format, so I assume the membership is valid till end of the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.