Search

New TK Elite Card without expiry date

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles Elite, IB Plus Plata
New TK Elite Card without expiry date

Hi

I requalified for another two years of Elite status at the end of November 2016. Shortly after that I received my new Elite card with an expiry date of 11/2018. Today I received another Elite card with no expiry date at all. Is TK now issuing its cards without expiry dates? LH/LX so far always wanted to see my card at their lounges. I never really understood why they want to see it but now since my newest card has no expiry date at all will this cause any problems?

thanks
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:27 pm

it is more than likely a bag tag rather than a card as they do not put expiry dates on the tags
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grahamsue
it is more than likely a bag tag rather than a card as they do not put expiry dates on the tags
The tags have a hole in it so that you can attach it to your bag. If it was a tag why does it look exactly like a card and has no hole in it? And in the letter that came with the card they clearly mentioned your new elite card a few times.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:25 am
tcm

Lifetime Status à la TK Style Probably a Miles&Smiles cock-up is the more likely scenario here
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcm
Lifetime Status à la TK Style Probably a Miles&Smiles cock-up is the more likely scenario here
Yes that's what I believe as well. Probably just an IT glitch. Or maybe it has something to do with that weird E-Mail they sent out mentioning something about a special gift.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
yes i receive that email too. if that is the gift. then its the best gift ever.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:29 pm

After having requalified I received my new Elite card today: Also without expiry date... Seems to be a general issue (hopefully on purpose...).
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
I thought they were going away from the physical cards with the introduction of the "electronic card"
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver
Same happened to me. Requalified comfortably and received a card with no expiry, alongside the bag tag. Have made contact with them on Facebook to ask why...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:52 am

Same here. Received new card with no expiry along with luggage tag. Online card still shows current year 2017 expiry so I guess I'll have to wait until March to confirm the new expiry date.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile, be happy. I believe the physical cards will be gone in no time, as you have now virtual card via app available. No, these are not Lifetime cards unfortunately!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I also got a new card without an expiry. My status actually expires in April. Would a star alliance carrier allow entry to the lounge if the card doesn't have an expiry date?

**UPDATE** I sent a tweet to TK, their response: "We kindly inform you that there is no expiry date on Miles&Smiles card." Seems like this is a just a new policy/practice.

Last edited by Sam_AE; Feb 22, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
I also got a new card without an expiry. My status actually expires in April. Would a star alliance carrier allow entry to the lounge if the card doesn't have an expiry date?

**UPDATE** I sent a tweet to TK, their response: "We kindly inform you that there is no expiry date on Miles&Smiles card." Seems like this is a just a new policy/practice.

Lol, so now you are a lifetime TK Elite member?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Received a new E+ card last week without expiry date as well, lifetime E+
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:33 am
tcm

Originally Posted by pvgman
Received a new E+ card last week without expiry date as well, lifetime E+
ha I would love to see the faces of the LX/LH lounge Dragons when presented this card, especially in ZRH... they seem to dislike TK cards already

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.