Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Tricks to Extend IST Layover? Also Upgrade Using Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish E+, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus

I have Elite +.

Travelling from LAX-IST-BKK next week.

I actually want to extend the layover in IST. It's now 5 hours, but I'd like to take about 24-30 hours if possible.

When I speak with the agents, I need to pay a change fee.

Anyone know of any tricks to get around this? If I miss the flight, will they just rebook me on the next one?

Also, I was trying to use miles to upgrade from Comfort (LAX-IST) and Economy (IST-BKK). The agent the first time said I needed to pay with miles for both segments - not possible to do both at once. So it was like 70,000 total. He said there was availability.

The second agent said it would be 45,000 for the entire journey, but that there was no availability.

What do you recommend on this? Just wait until I get to the airport? Or call back again and speak with another agent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.