Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Return Date of J Class Ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Changing Return Date of J Class Ticket

Does anybody know what the actual fee and process for changing the return date of an international flight would be? My ticket is in J and I have Elite status with TK:

HEL-IST-IAH 06/07 April 2015
IAH-IST-HEL 14/15 June 2015

I already traveled the first half of my ticket. Just need to postpone return for a few additional weeks. I've seen everything from 40 to 300 EUR on Terms and Conditions of Turkish website. Thank you for your advice, FT friends!
Old May 15, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
It's all about your ticket rules.
But last time I paid 50 Euro + 10 Euro reissue/rebooking fee on IAH-IST-BKK return and already flown of BKK-IST-IAH parts. I changed my tickets after flew IAH-IST route, paid another 50+10 Euros for IST-BKK part.

Of course, check J availibility on your schedule.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I assume this is a revenue ticket.

As the previous poster said, the change fees are based on your fare rules and not anything you'd find on the TK website. You will have to speak to the agency or airline through which you booked to find out what the cost is. It will be made up of a change fee, if any and a fare difference, if any.

Your Elite status is irrelevant.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks! It is a revenue ticket. Hopefully I can articulate my needs to the TK agents.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Please let me know how this turns out.

I believe once you have flown at least 1 segment (J on all segments), any change will be dated back to original purchase date (aka more favorable) as far as fare bucket availabilities and costs. I haven't seen/done this but would like to know in case of emergency.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy
Please let me know how this turns out.
Will do. I don't plan on making my change until sometime in June, though. Don't want to have to push back twice.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: *G
Done it twice for J bucket fare

Both times had to pay 100eur fee (actual fare found was similar)

The difficult part was actually paying the fee! They cannot take payment by phone....or web!!!!! Luckily i was flying to an airport with a TK office/booth anyway for 1st time (they hold chxange for 24 or 48hr) and the 2nd visited actual TK office locally*

*phone agent didnt know i had one close to me. Website was ambiguous...indicating that it was only cargo/operations office w/o customer facing desk.......typical TK goofs
Old May 16, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
It's all about your ticket rules.
But last time I paid 50 Euro + 10 Euro reissue/rebooking fee on IAH-IST-BKK return and already flown of BKK-IST-IAH parts. I changed my tickets after flew IAH-IST route, paid another 50+10 Euros for IST-BKK part.

Of course, check J availibility on your schedule.
It looks like it was priced based on original purchase date, J fares are usually gone or higher (even if it's available last minute).

Originally Posted by deniah
Done it twice for J bucket fare

Both times had to pay 100eur fee (actual fare found was similar)

The difficult part was actually paying the fee! They cannot take payment by phone....or web!!!!! Luckily i was flying to an airport with a TK office/booth anyway for 1st time (they hold chxange for 24 or 48hr) and the 2nd visited actual TK office locally*

*phone agent didnt know i had one close to me. Website was ambiguous...indicating that it was only cargo/operations office w/o customer facing desk.......typical TK goofs
Yes, I'd do this at ticket offices, phone agents can't even cancel a simple booking let alone changing tickets involving complex fare rules.
Old May 17, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: *G
*addendum to last post

Im sitting here trying to check in for late night long haul. App says "chanes have been made to your reservation , to check in online first call csr..."

Online My Reservation shows active ticketed flight on correct date of May 17th...but list day as Tuesday. And connecting flight also correctly on May 18th but day as Monday.

Hope it gets cleared up at the airport. Its low volume outstation so ill be getting there early.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
To the original OP:

The change fee depends on the fare conditions, but usually it is EUR 50 (if J class is available for your new flights - otherwise you will need to pay the fare difference to the higher booking class available).

Please remember to re-schedule your return flights/to do the rebooking before the return date of your original booking - otherwise you will be charged a EUR 100 no-show fee too. I learned this the hard way some time ago when I cancelled shortly before my return flight from BKK but made the new reservation for the return flights some days later (after the original return date) - no-show fee had to paid.

You need to pay at the local ticket office or at the airport before the return flights. I had no problems paying at the ticket counter at BKK until 2 hours before my flight.
Old May 17, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Please remember to re-schedule your return flights/to do the rebooking before the return date of your original booking - otherwise you will be charged a EUR 100 no-show fee too. I learned this the hard way some time ago when I cancelled shortly before my return flight from BKK but made the new reservation for the return flights some days later (after the original return date) - no-show fee had to paid.
At least they didn't cancel your entire return ticket and make you buy another new ticket which would've cost astronomically. I believe some fares have such rules and restrictions.

Speaking of fare rules, I can't seem to find it now before and after booking. In the past there seemed to be a link right before you pay for the ticket and now it's gone. Anyone know where I can look up the fare rules of the booking I have?
Old May 18, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy
At least they didn't cancel your entire return ticket and make you buy another new ticket which would've cost astronomically. I believe some fares have such rules and restrictions.

Speaking of fare rules, I can't seem to find it now before and after booking. In the past there seemed to be a link right before you pay for the ticket and now it's gone. Anyone know where I can look up the fare rules of the booking I have?
There should be a link in your confirmation email to bring up the fare rules in a new window.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by finlandokie
There should be a link in your confirmation email to bring up the fare rules in a new window.
Thanks, found it and the following is CHANGE for YYZ-IST-TPE-IST-YYZ, all 4 segments in J with stopovers at IST in both directions. It makes sense that once you've flown the first segment, they'll have to reprice it at historical fares since it's technically impossible reprice a ticket retroactively (ie. wanting to buying a ticket with the first segment starting last week).

Unless one needs to change the date of the first segment it never makes sense to change the dates before departures, especially close to the departure dates. TK does warn you about NO SHOW, the only question is (I can ask TK offices later and update) up to how soon you can change the flights without No-SHOW, just hours before the flights?

ANY TIME CHARGE EUR 100.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - REPRICING CONDITIONS- -------------------- A-BEFORE DEPARTURE- ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED THE ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE INCLUDING ADVANCE PURCHASE --AP MEANS- TKT MUST BE PURCHASED A MINIMUM NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE THE FLIGHT DEPARTS - A CHANGE IS A DATE/FLIGHT/ROUTING/BOOKING CODE CHANGE. - CHARGE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION - PER PERSON FOR ADULT CHILD AND INFANT WITH SEAT. INFANTS WITHOUT A SEAT ARE NOT CHARGED THE FEE - NEW FARE MAY BE EQUAL OR HIGHER. WHEN THE NEW - ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL BE APPLIED. - CHARGES SHALL NOT BE WAIVED FOR MEDICAL REASON - WHERE THIS FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE AND ONLY ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE PENALTY CONDITIONS OF THE CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WILL APPLY WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WILL APPLY - FOR DOMESTIC TURKEY SECTORS - WITHOUT CHARGE - - B-AFTER DEPARTURE- - THE ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE ORIGINAL TICKETING DATE. THE NEW ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL THE RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARES SUCH THAT THE RECALCULATED FARE COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR THE NEW ITINERARY IF PURCHASED ON THE ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE DATE - A CHANGE IS A DATE/FLIGHT/ROUTING/BOOKING CODE CHANGE. - CHARGE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION - PER PERSON FOR ADULT CHILD AND INFANT WITH SEAT. INFANTS WITHOUT A SEAT ARE NOT CHARGED THE FEE - NEW FARE MAY BE EQUAL OR HIGHER. WHEN THE NEW - ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL BE APPLIED. - WHERE THIS FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE AND ONLY ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE PENALTY CONDITIONS OF THE CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WILL APPLY WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WILL APPLY -- CHARGES SHALL NOT BE WAIVED FOR MEDICAL REASON - - FOR DOMESTIC TURKEY SECTORS - WITHOUT CHARGE - - NOTE- SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT COUPONS - THIS FARE IS ONLY VALID IF THE FLIGHTS ARE TAKEN IN THE BOOKED SEQUENCE. OTHERWISE THE FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED BASED ON THE ACTUAL FLIGHT ROUTING. -- ANY TIME- -- REVALIDATION/REBOOKING/REROUTING MUST BE FINALIZED BEFORE DEPARTURE OF THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT BEING CHANGED PROVIDED ALL CONDITIONS EXCEPT ADVANCE PURCHASE ARE COMPLIED WITH. CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR NO-SHOW. NOTE - FLIGHT COUPON OF A PASSENGER HAVING A RESERVED SEAT BUT NOT SHOWING UP CHECK IN DESK FOR ON TIME IS ACCEPTED AS NO-SHOW RESERVATION NEEDS TO CANCELLED AND TICKET NEEDS TO REISSUED BEFORE THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT OTHERWISE IS ACCEPTED AS NO SHOW - CHARGES SHALL NOT BE WAIVED FOR MEDICAL REASON -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.