Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2015 onwards Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x Xbox systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2015 onwards Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skyscanner
So just to confirm, as a TK Elite flying Economy I DO NOT have access to this lounge?
You do have access.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mict
You do have access.
Great!

So I was looking at a MAD-IST-OTP flight that arrives late at night at IST. Is it possible to dose off in the lounge and then take the city tour in the morning and take the evening flight to OTP?
Old May 10, 2017, 10:36 am

Any *G Status flying on a *A carrier will get you access..
Old May 10, 2017, 8:51 pm
tcm

And now China week... difficult to keep pace with Do&Co...

Name:  IMG_2522.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  806.7 KB
Old May 10, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Ha, seems like we just missed each other. I tried the Chinese food it was okay I kind of wish I was there for the indian week
Old May 11, 2017, 6:47 am

Indian week was definitely my favorite too.

Anyway its a nice addition since the regular Turkish choices can still be had downstairs.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:14 am

today is still china week.
the lounge was crowded as usual this morning, ran downstairs and went to arrival lounge. only 2 pax including me were there. could have all showers for myself meanwhile my shirt was being washed.

ps. i wonder what will they have after china week. i will ask later )
Old May 16, 2017, 6:23 am

Awww man I was hoping for a new week :/ Flying in thursday night. How late is the arrival lounge open?
Old May 16, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Mict
You do have access.
How long is this promo running with them switching to different international cuisines every week?
Old May 16, 2017, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Awww man I was hoping for a new week :/ Flying in thursday night. How late is the arrival lounge open?
1pm

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...taturk-airport
Old May 20, 2017, 12:10 am

Was at the lounge yesterday, now Japan week with chicken teppanyaki. It's a good effort but tasted more like chili chicken to me.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by skyscanner
So just to confirm, as a TK Elite flying Economy I DO NOT have access to this lounge?
The departure lounge?

As long as you are flying on a *A carrier, of course you have access. Otherwise there'd not be much point to Elite, *Gold, membership.

The arrival lounge is different. I think there you'd need to be Elite+, or arriving off a TK business-class seat.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:19 am

at the lounge this afternoon, went through entrance direct to the lounge, saw elite card picture back on the board. are elite in Y able to use the entrance again? i forgot to ask :/

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Was at the lounge yesterday, now Japan week with chicken teppanyaki. It's a good effort but tasted more like chili chicken to me.
its indian week today
Old May 28, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by kerjaansei
at the lounge this afternoon, went through entrance direct to the lounge, saw elite card picture back on the board. are elite in Y able to use the entrance again? i forgot to ask :/

its indian week today
*evil Gannon face* curse you TK!!
Old May 28, 2017, 7:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Other than Japanese, Chinese and Indian, what other cuisines are in the rotation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.