Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2015 onwards Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x Xbox systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

To make it easier to search and find up to date information about TK's International CIP lounge at IST this new thread has been created. You can find the previous thread here.

This thread has its own wiki. Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wiki.

Last edited by starflyergold; Jan 10, 2015 at 3:04 am
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:25 pm

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Given this, what options do I have for having a 8.5hr layover between 2 TK longhauls (>10h)? Traveling in J, no FF status.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:40 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyCsG
Given this, what options do I have for having a 8.5hr layover between 2 TK longhauls (>10h)? Traveling in J, no FF status.
With that much time, I'd endeavor to go into the city (there's a metro in the basement of IST, not far from a supermarket) for a spell. Upon returning to IST, I'd use the J-class (and TK Elite +) immigration post/security check that leads directly into the lounge and feast.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyCsG
On a 8,5 hr layower in J you get a hotel room if your onward flight is the closest to your arrival,with the new metro from Yenikapi to Taksim,you can be in Taksim in apr 45 minutes,or you can take a very short cab to the Sultanahmet area from Yenikapi,which is the last stop now on the airport metro line,plenty of time.

Do not take a cab.though,the airport is the last stop,so you will always get a seat on the train,and its much faster,at almost any time the train operates.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
To make it easier to search and find up to date information about TK's International CIP lounge at IST this new thread has been created. You can find the previous thread here.

This thread has its own wiki. Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wiki.
Appreciated !
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
With that much time, I'd endeavor to go into the city (there's a metro in the basement of IST, not far from a supermarket) for a spell. Upon returning to IST, I'd use the J-class (and TK Elite +) immigration post/security check that leads directly into the lounge and feast.
Originally Posted by geirfugl
On a 8,5 hr layower in J you get a hotel room if your onward flight is the closest to your arrival,with the new metro from Yenikapi to Taksim,you can be in Taksim in apr 45 minutes,or you can take a very short cab to the Sultanahmet area from Yenikapi,which is the last stop now on the airport metro line,plenty of time.

Do not take a cab.though,the airport is the last stop,so you will always get a seat on the train,and its much faster,at almost any time the train operates.
Thank you both. I will be in Istanbul during the first half of my trip for a 2-3 days (few more days allocated for Cappadocia); I suppose given that short trip it wouldn't hurt to make another day trip! Some last minute treats shopping on the way back to Canada.

Otherwise, I now know the hotel would be an option as well, as my outbound flight is the earliest available. Thanks again for the info!

EDIT: For a separate flight - I have a TK J departing at 0115, I assume I wouldn't need to wait till 0001 before I can access the lounge? Referring to this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21188506-post2.html
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Lounge is open h24 . No problem for an early access.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Lounge is open h24 . No problem for an early access.
Thought that should be the case. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Istanbul Turkish Air - World's finest airline lounge?

We were in the TK Lounge in IST last week, and it is by FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the best lounge I've ever been in.

And that covers top end lounges for most carriers globally.

Indeed we had 12 hours in the Thai First Class Lounge in Bangkok each way, and there is no comparison, fine as that is.

Massive and clean and modern, on 2 open plan levels with a pool table, library, mini 'Formula 1' racing track, golf driving range, Pianos on each level, many cooks working on whatever you want, endless food and beverage stations, masseuses walking around offering neck massages - the list goes on and on and on.

Makes any UA Red Carpet Club look like a homeless shelter.

Even the bathrooms are out of this world - with a wall of TV sets etc.

Can anyone point to a finer lounge they've been in?

Glen

Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:44 am

Wow ,Thanks for the Fotos and Info it looks realy nice, by the way 99% of the US Airlines Lounges are realy like for homeless ones, with no food at all no open self service bar no showers and so on.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:40 am

I agree. I've been in and out several times this week, next time will be Friday. I love it
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: *G
the entertainment and distractions are great to keep kids entertained, but i travel solo, and dont partake in any of that

my main problem with this lounge is that it is farrrrr too crowded. at all times of the day. what im looking for in travel is less so amenities, but rather privacy.

i do appreciate its hours, and especially the food selection. connecting through IST at all strange times of the day, for variable duration, its a pleasure to have real food. e.g. rushing back home after a business meeting.

the secure luggage hold is also nice.

but i will take LH FC, LX's FC, TG's RF, BA's CCR any day for the to-order food and service.

likewise most asian carrier's like CX's various lounges at HKG or ANA's with the noodle bar........
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:25 am

Crowding can be a problem but I rarely find the downstairs to be over crowded. When it does get very crowded it can be difficult to get a wifi signal.

As for privacy there is this really nice room to the right as you walk in full of lazy boys. Would be a great place to relax if they didn't insist on blasting music from the tv. I spent four hours in the lounge this morning and they were showing a Coldplay concert in there. Very loud. Oh well

One thing I don't think anyone's ever mentioned in the voluminous number of threads on this lounge - it is fantastically easy to meet people here. There are hordes of people about, some killing many hours. If one isn't shy it is an incredibly easy place to strike up a conversation
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've read a lot about this one...I assume it's for those flying 3-cabin F on TK metal only, right?

Did you sample (or notice) their selection of Scotch?

LH FCT still occupies the #1 slot for me. Only place I've ever been where I wanted to shoo them away when they came to gather me for my flight. Can you just hold the 747 while I finish one more Glenfarclas? They only have Johnnie Blue on the flight...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
I've read a lot about this one...I assume it's for those flying 3-cabin F on TK metal only, right?

Did you sample (or notice) their selection of Scotch?

LH FCT still occupies the #1 slot for me. Only place I've ever been where I wanted to shoo them away when they came to gather me for my flight. Can you just hold the 747 while I finish one more Glenfarclas? They only have Johnnie Blue on the flight...
I think it is for all *G. I didn't check the Scotch; I gravitate to the wines, which I wouldn't consider a really great selection compared to LH's lounge offerings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.