Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tblack15
I submitted a Lost Card Request and got a canned response: "You'll get your card when you credit your first flight..."

Then one week later had a standard envelope & letter including a card only.

I'm thinking about doing the status match for my dad for Christmas this year.. Might get started soon as it took me QUITE a while when I did it. Anyone have any experience doing this for a "third party"?
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How would TK know that you are the 3rd party and not your dad?
Exactly, just submit it as him
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
I will. Waiting for a reply, sent my travel history and card screen shots.
I presume you have not had a reply yet?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimat3c
I presume you have not had a reply yet?
Not to worry, I will share, either Yay or Nay!

I am sure their inbox is inundated with tons of mail.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:23 pm

Cheers ^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Exactly, just submit it as him
Yep, just submitted. At first, I thought "Well what if they see we have the same address" (putting mine not his in there).... but I guess we have the same last name sooooo no big deal.

Just had my mom snag a photo of his Plat card. Once I had his number it took me two tries to "hack" into his MP account. PDF'd his stuff; now it's a waiting game, I reckon.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, just submitted. At first, I thought "Well what if they see we have the same address" (putting mine not his in there).... but I guess we have the same last name sooooo no big deal.

Just had my mom snag a photo of his Plat card. Once I had his number it took me two tries to "hack" into his MP account. PDF'd his stuff; now it's a waiting game, I reckon.
Hope you are his son and not an impostor!! (hack into his account??)
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Hope you are his son and not an impostor!! (hack into his account??)
First hacker ever to go into someone's account.. and take only PDFs of his account activity!!!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First hacker ever to go into someone's account.. and take only PDFs of his account activity!!!
That's hacking alright!!!
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did receive an email, asking for the front and back of my card. I only sent the screen shot from the Aegean site. Will update you as soon as I hear back.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: FB Platinum | A3 Gold | BA Silver
Just wanted to report on my match. I submitted a request as per the guide on 07/08/15 and it was approved 08/08/15. I got an e-mail that I was matched to Classic Plus, but online it shows Elite.

I made a .pdf with a scan of my A3 *G card, a screenshot of the new account summary page (with the card and the total miles shown), my most recent A3 activity (none), my June AA activity (4 flights), and my upcoming reservation with United.

EDIT: I received another e-mail on 10/08/15 to inform me that my membership has been updated to Elite level.

Last edited by foxtwo; Aug 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm Reason: Received another e-mail
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Currently an AA PLT (OWS), thinking of matching to DL Gold (ST+) then to TK. However, DL doesn't issue a physical card during their challenge period, though a card is available in their app.

What's the current word how strict TK is with physical cards? Would a screenshot pass muster?

Any other workarounds, since TK isn't matching OWS?

TIA.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by VNAFlyer
Currently an AA PLT (OWS), thinking of matching to DL Gold (ST+) then to TK. However, DL doesn't issue a physical card during their challenge period, though a card is available in their app.

What's the current word how strict TK is with physical cards? Would a screenshot pass muster?

TIA.
TK are very strict on cards, they do insist on a copy of original plastic card i'm afraid a screenshot just wont cut it.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimat3c
TK are very strict on cards, they do insist on a copy of original plastic card i'm afraid a screenshot just wont cut it.
I took a picture of the card front and back, hope that is sufficient & equivalent to a scan of the card.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by VNAFlyer

TIA.
Alitalia are matching AA Platinum to Freccia Alata which is SkyTeam Elite Plus. They also issue a plastic card within a few weeks of the match, no activity is required. See a report of the match here

That will solve the problem of not having the right physical card, your next problem is that the account statement will show no activity...
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: FB Platinum | A3 Gold | BA Silver
Originally Posted by stuart_f
your next problem is that the account statement will show no activity...
That's not a problem. I haven't had flights credited to A3 since January 2014 and they matched me. Refer to my previous post for all the stuff I included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.