Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 3: Redemptions: finding award seats, including the use of the ANA tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Just to follow up on my previous rant: I decided to burn M&M miles instead and it took the agent less than 5 minutes to get it done. It's probably time to reconsider which FFP I credit my miles to

And I still need to find a way to burn my TK miles.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:04 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Tried to book US domestic flight at their ticketoffice. TK Ticketoffice says awardflights can only be used for international flights, not domestic. Anybody experience with this?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:10 am

So in looking at the award calculator and charts, wanted to book a CAN-MLE ticket which pops up both on the booking and award chart at 15k miles. Called the local CAN office to process booking and they are telling me it is 60k miles per person (4 times what the website shows). I think they are pricing out each sector also for taxes as they are claiming the taxes are more than if I purchased an economy ticket.

What would be the best way to book this?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
While the mobile app is very easy to look for award booking, I am getting a weird error "you dont ave sudficient amount of miles" when I try to book a 90k miles business award EU-Asia and I do have way more miles in my account. Glitch?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:04 pm

Booked a business class ticket US-EUROPE for 90k transferred Citi TYP (16-24 hours transfer time) and $580.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by touristtrap
Booked a business class ticket US-EUROPE for 90k transferred Citi TYP (16-24 hours transfer time) and $580.
congratulations!
Where did you book (app/call center/sales office)?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

upgrade award chart OW or RT?

Originally Posted by starflyergold

Awards:

A complete overview of the flight awards is available here.

Buying miles:

If you are short of award miles you can buy them here.

TK flights:

TK operates two types of awards: capacity controlled seats and guaranteed seats. The latter is available at a higher costs but is available as long as revenue seats are available on your desired flight.

For TK flights you can use the award calculator.

TK Upgrades:

You can spend your miles on upgrades on TK operated flights. The upgrade chart is here.

The amounts needed depend on your original booking class, the class you wish to be upgraded to and the season.

Star Alliance flights:

You can also use your miles to spend on any Star Alliance flight. These awards are all acapcity controlled. The *A chart is here.

Star Alliance Upgrades:

TK participates in the Star Alliance Upgrade Awards. Upgrades are only available for certain booking classes. To upgrade your ticket go here.

Changing or cancelling you award:

Changes can only be made on TK redemption itineraries. Other reservations have to be cancelled and re-booked. The change/cancellation fee is € 20 for domestic flights and € 40 for international.

Checking award availability

For capacity controlled award space on TK and *A you can use the ANA tool.

Details on how to use this tool can be found here (courtesy of the bmi forum, will be updated later)

How to book your award:

You can book your TK award ticket online. Alternatively and for *A flights you can contact the call centre +90 212 444 0 849.
Thank for the helpful information!

For the upgrade award chart, it did not specify if it is a one way or RT. For US-TK with 45k, if OW which is the same with directly book award ticket, this does not make a lot of sense. But if RT, too good to be true. Any one with any idea or experiences?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by hermitw
For the upgrade award chart, it did not specify if it is a one way or RT. For US-TK with 45k, if OW which is the same with directly book award ticket, this does not make a lot of sense. But if RT, too good to be true. Any one with any idea or experiences?
upgrades and awards cost the same amount of miles, in this case 45k miles one-way, sorry.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

upgrades and awards cost the same amount of miles, in this case 45k miles one-way, sorry.
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.