Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 3: Redemptions: finding award seats, including the use of the ANA tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Awards:

A complete overview of the flight awards is available here.

Buying miles:

If you are short of award miles you can buy them here.

TK flights:

TK operates two types of awards: capacity controlled seats and guaranteed seats. The latter is available at a higher costs but is available as long as revenue seats are available on your desired flight.

For TK flights you can use the award calculator.

TK Upgrades:

You can spend your miles on upgrades on TK operated flights. The upgrade chart is here.

The amounts needed depend on your original booking class, the class you wish to be upgraded to and the season.

Star Alliance flights:

You can also use your miles to spend on any Star Alliance flight. These awards are all acapcity controlled. The *A chart is here.

Star Alliance Upgrades:

TK participates in the Star Alliance Upgrade Awards. Upgrades are only available for certain booking classes. To upgrade your ticket go here.

Changing or cancelling you award:

Changes can only be made on TK redemption itineraries. Other reservations have to be cancelled and re-booked. The change/cancellation fee is € 20 for domestic flights and € 40 for international.

Checking award availability

For capacity controlled award space on TK and *A you can use the ANA tool.

Details on how to use this tool can be found here (courtesy of the bmi forum, will be updated later)

How to book your award:

You can book your TK award ticket online. Alternatively and for *A flights you can contact the call centre +90 212 444 0 849.

Last edited by starflyergold; Feb 23, 2013 at 4:57 am
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:24 pm
tcm

Until recently *A awards were only issued by visiting the local TK sales office. Now, they are able to issue *A awards without having to do that. May I just remind that the TK call centre is relatively new to dealing with *A awards and the language barrier can be cumbersome.

The best of luck to all fellow M&S members and also a overdue, but warm welcome, to our new moderator: starflyergold
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
How to book your award:[/B]

You can book your TK award ticket online. Alternatively and for *A flights you can contact the call centre +90 212 444 0 849
I wish it would be so simple. Any other than straigthforward A to B TK award requires human interaction. Example: Open jaw awards, companion, upgrade etc.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
for *A award TK website says "Award tickets are issued for round-trip travels. If the flight points are in different zones, the number of miles valid for the higher value zone will be applied. "
did someone ever issue a one way ticket?
it's quiet odd since AFAIK all the *A members can issue one way award for half the miles of the round trip.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pvgman
for *A award TK website says "Award tickets are issued for round-trip travels. If the flight points are in different zones, the number of miles valid for the higher value zone will be applied. "
it's quiet odd since AFAIK all the *A members can issue one way award for half the miles of the round trip.
AFAIK SAS EuroBonus do not allow one-way redemptions on *A, only on SAS Group operated flights...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by pvgman
One way awards can be booked easily as a online award ticket. If you book two one ways to make RT it ends up costing more than a simple RT award booking Someone maybe still tempted just to avoid the "manual TK-touch".
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Hi,
I use TK but I'm banking the TK miles on UA Mileage Plus - I read here at FT that people having trouble booking award flights using M&S.
The family account sounds interesting (we are 5 people travelling so it would make 100% sense to use family account), and that's why I'm thinking about banking the next 2 TK flights into M&S.
Anyone could tell me if it's worth it?
We are based in Europe and visit the US once a year and HK up to 2 times a year.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Hi,
I use TK but I'm banking the TK miles on UA Mileage Plus - I read here at FT that people having trouble booking award flights using M&S.
The family account sounds interesting (we are 5 people travelling so it would make 100% sense to use family account), and that's why I'm thinking about banking the next 2 TK flights into M&S.
Anyone could tell me if it's worth it?
We are based in Europe and visit the US once a year and HK up to 2 times a year.

Thanks in advance!
Earn/burn ratio is good in my opinion but forget about awards to US. HKG has plenty of availability.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:01 am

Using Miles & Smiles Points for Star Alliance award tickets

Is it possible to use my Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles points for an award ticket on a star alliance flight? the turkish Airlines website is not very user friendly.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by drschuld
Is it possible to use my Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles points for an award ticket on a star alliance flight? the turkish Airlines website is not very user friendly.
Welcome to FT drschuld!

Yes you can use your M&S miles for awards in other *A members.

I would suggest you contact M&S by phone to get further information.

If you do more search in this forum and at the TK forum I am sure you can find a lot of useful information.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Since Turkish doesn't have "First" Class, may I book a Turkish business class award using United miles at the United Business Award redemption rate (number of miles)? Thank you.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Firewind
Since Turkish doesn't have "First" Class, may I book a Turkish business class award using United miles at the United Business Award redemption rate (number of miles)? Thank you.
Yes standard Star Alliance rewards apply, more details in the UA forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...solidated-681/
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, starflyergold. ^
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:56 am

Hello!
At the end of this year 9000 Turkish miles of mine will expire. Unfortunately, I can not use them in flight. Is there any way to make good use of these points? Perhaps there is some way to extend the period of validity without spending money - which are 90 Euro?
I do not live in Turkey.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Harijs
Hello!
At the end of this year 9000 Turkish miles of mine will expire. Unfortunately, I can not use them in flight. Is there any way to make good use of these points? Perhaps there is some way to extend the period of validity without spending money - which are 90 Euro?
I do not live in Turkey.
You can buy a one way capacity-controlled award ticket: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...25-fewer-miles.
But I guess these 25% promotions are only valid if flying without transfer, as far as I have realized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.