Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK from MNL is teasing me with their inefficiency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody

Last month I started looking for travel agents in MNL to sell me TK ticket (see post) The reason is I *did* found a great/amazing/nuts fare for HKG-YYZ return but can only be sold in MNL.

I was able to get in touch w/ AMEX travel agent in MNL to help me out, but for some reasons, they keep contacting TK office in MNL. And TK in MNL after a month still giving me some BS excuses that their system is not updated/sync'd.

So here are the crazy deal, perhaps more people jump on it will make them fix their system, or you guys will find way to purchase it (and PLEASE do let me know how you did it!)

In fact I have found this fare since end of March, it is just unbelievable TK knows about this (since early April AMEX TA has e-mailed TK MNL office about the price) And it is still not corrected.

The only real sale restriction is ticket must be issue in MNL and that's the reason why I was looking for a TA over there... And I wish there are some websites like travelocity/expedia operate from Philippine and I can purchase this ticket online!

[KVS Availability Tool 6.1.2/Diamond - Sabre: Fares/TVN/CA-STD]

HKG Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
YYZ Toronto Pearson Intl ON CA [CYYZ]
R/T May 2011-Apr 2012

Code:
Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis/TD | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  -----------------------------
TK         HKG     YTO        73   CAD        ***       12M  A2RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.

HKGYTO-TK 11MAY12      *RULE DISPLAY*     TARIFF 0101 RULE HKGD 
* ADD APPLICABLE TAX * FED INSP FEES *                          
   -FARE BASIS         TWD       NUC                PTC  FT  GI 
A2RTHK          R      2113     71.80               ADT  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/CH25     R      1584     53.82               CNN  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/CH25     R      1584     53.82               UNN  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/IN25     R      1584     53.82               INS  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/IN90     R       211      7.16               INF  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/SB25     R      1584     53.82               DIS  EX  AT 
A2RTHK/CD15     R      1796     61.04               SNN  EX  AT 
BOOKING CODES        A                                          
INDUSTRY FARE TYPE -  WR - PREMIUM ECONOMY RESTRICTED           
MPM - AT 12214 VIA NORTH ATLANTIC
---------------------------------------------------------------

ROUTING 2002 FROM-TO  HKG-TK-IST-TK-YTO*
** BTW I have e-mail'd 20+ travel agents in Philippine only few even responded. And two (beside from AMEX) also contacted TK and get me the some BS reply....

May 12 "internet booking and GDS systems were not yet updated on this promotional fare."
Apr 25 "since comfort class fares are not yet fixed and synchronized with your respective GDS."
Apr 13 "after we investigate the problem in the system. Please don’t issue comfort class for now because it is not yet guaranteed on the system."

Last edited by Away from YYZ; May 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm
Old May 12, 2011, 8:28 am

TK has for a long time shown up in flight searches as the cheapest to anywhere from JFK, at 3 cpm. I've come to believe this is a deliberate trick (b/c I haven't found a way to book it), and perhaps they are lamely trying to appear cheaper than everyone else in the NYC market. Anyways, I wish they'd quit it, as they clutter my search results.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmoon01
TK has for a long time shown up in flight searches as the cheapest to anywhere from JFK, at 3 cpm. I've come to believe this is a deliberate trick (b/c I haven't found a way to book it), and perhaps they are lamely trying to appear cheaper than everyone else in the NYC market. Anyways, I wish they'd quit it, as they clutter my search results.
So this is their typical unethical switch and bait tactics? The only think (I think) I fly TK was 20+ yrs ago... Dealing with TK fare is still new to me.

TK in MNL is trying to instruct AMEX TA to sell me ARTHK fare which comes to over 2100USD! And if I want to pay for ARTHK fare I can book it here locally instead of dealing w/ TA in MNL!
Old May 12, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: m&s
Have you noticed that the fare is NOT inclusive of applicable taxes? I see that you have access to sabre, can you check the price including tax?
Old May 12, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by santacruz
Have you noticed that the fare is NOT inclusive of applicable taxes? I see that you have access to sabre, can you check the price including tax?
USD 750 but lots of miles.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
So this is their typical unethical switch and bait tactics? The only think (I think) I fly TK was 20+ yrs ago... Dealing with TK fare is still new to me.

TK in MNL is trying to instruct AMEX TA to sell me ARTHK fare which comes to over 2100USD! And if I want to pay for ARTHK fare I can book it here locally instead of dealing w/ TA in MNL!
Hellooo

Good luck to you . No one will issue the ticket for you in Philippines.
The fare is obviously a mistake...

No one (travel agency) in Philippines has a CRS that will guarantee the fare. Which means no travel agency will issue the ticket based on what is shown on the computer as they will be liable if the fare is wrong. Agencies must first hold the ticketing rights from TK to issue the ticket and as such they have to verify with TK. Very few agencies can issue tickets on every airline.

This isn't like the US where the CRS will honor what is priced. In Asia, the CRS do not work that way. It is the responsibility of the agent to match what is priced against what the airline says is valid. It doesn't matter what the CRS says. The airlines' decision is final.

They (the TA) will send the reservation to TK for fare calculation and confirmation.

A fare can exist on the CRS, and the fare may very well seem legit.. except to TK in that region of the world.

There was once upon a time ago (2 years ago), that a published fare of US$3500 business class from Singapore to Sao Paulo return. It exists on all the CRS, and was a valid fare. Guess what? TK says the fare is not valid from Singapore and refused to issue the ticket on behalf of the agency. My friends tried to issue the ticket through other agencies who held ticketing rights but again, they said that TK in Singapore will not honor the fare and thus no one could issue it.

In the end the people I knew issued the ticket thru a TA in New York who gladly honored the fare.

Not in your case. As the ticketing rules stated that the fare must be issued in Philippines.. which is odd considering that the fare does not originate from Philippines but in HK !

That's why TK is not in a hurry to remove the fare... cos they know that no one can issue it.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; May 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm
Old May 12, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: M&M
29448 php (689 usd) according to ITA.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI only...

BASE FARE EQUIV AMT TAXES TOTAL
1- TWD2237 USD78.00 596.00XT USD674.00ADT
Boy, is the fare soooo wrong. Its originating in HKG, but yet the fare prices out in Taiwan dollars... converted to USD its $78 plus $596 fuel surcharges and tax comes out to US$674.

Yes... amex must adhere to what TK in MNL says.

Amex in MNL will not issue the ticket based on what it is cos they will be held liable for issuing an invalid (according to TK) fare.

Just move on. You ain't gonna get this done.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; May 12, 2011 at 1:49 pm
Old May 12, 2011, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Hellooo

Good luck to you . No one will issue the ticket for you in Philippines.
The fare is obviously a mistake...
Yes... amex must adhere to what TK in MNL says.

Amex in MNL will not issue the ticket based on what it is cos they will be held liable for issuing an invalid (according to TK) fare.

Just move on. You ain't gonna get this done.
Yup. I know, and I am giving up... But just see if anyone (esp in Ph) hardcore enough to fight for it..

BTW, I think a while ago the same fare rule also applies for HKG-IST-SFO return!
Old May 12, 2011, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Boy, is the fare soooo wrong. Its originating in HKG, but yet the fare prices out in Taiwan dollars... converted to USD its $78 plus $596 fuel surcharges and tax comes out to US$674.
Surprisingly most of the lowest fare rules for this routes are either only sold in MNL or Taipei

TK doesn't even fly to MNL and I wonder why they even have an office there!

Code:
HKG  Hong Kong Intl HK [VHHH]
YYZ  Toronto Pearson Intl ON CA [CYYZ]
R/T  May 2011-Apr 2012

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis/TD | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  -----------------------------
TK         HKG     YTO        73   CAD        ***       12M  A2RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.
TK         HKG     YTO       133   CAD        ***       12M  U2RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.
TK         HKG     YTO      1767   CAD        ***       12M  K2XEX12M TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.
TK         HKG     YTO      1780   CAD        ***       12M  K1XEX12M TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN CHINESE TAIPEI.
TK         HKG     YTO      1790   CAD        ***       12M  KXEX12M  
TK         HKG     YTO      2026   CAD        ***       12M  M2RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.
TK         HKG     YTO      2041   CAD        ***       12M  M1RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN CHINESE TAIPEI.
TK         HKG     YTO      2053   CAD        ***       12M  MRTHK
TK         HKG     YTO      2077   CAD        ***       12M  A1RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN CHINESE TAIPEI.
TK         HKG     YTO      2089   CAD        ***       12M  ARTHK 
TK         HKG     YTO      2377   CAD        ***       12M  B2RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN MNL.
TK         HKG     YTO      2394   CAD        ***       12M  B1RTHK   TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN CHINESE TAIPEI.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surprisingly most of the lowest fare rules for this routes are either only sold in MNL or Taipei

TK doesn't even fly to MNL and I wonder why they even have an office there!
Many airlines have representation in places where they don't fly. But for MNL, its for thru traffic for issuing tickets to connect to gateways in HKG and BKK for onward flights. There are many fares not published online too... for seamen fares, maid fares, student fares etc.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:05 pm

Boy, is the fare soooo wrong.
And who cares
Old May 13, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
And who cares
Added "2" in fare basis means discounted more than the fare basis w/o any discount and less discounted fare with "1" in fare basis (ARTHK, A1RTHK, A2RTHK). SO the last one is simply 'hugely discounted'.
Old May 13, 2011, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keter
Added "2" in fare basis means discounted more than the fare basis w/o any discount and less discounted fare with "1" in fare basis (ARTHK, A1RTHK, A2RTHK). SO the last one is simply 'hugely discounted'.
Is this TK specific or is in general?

Thx, another new thing I have learn here..
Old May 13, 2011, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

HAHA, maybe TK is confused HKG is part of Taiwan (and not China)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.