Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Need travel agent in Philippine to issue TK ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need travel agent in Philippine to issue TK ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Question Need travel agent in Philippine to issue TK ticket

Can someone suggest me a travel agent can issue TK ticket in Philippine? Or even better if it can be done all online without human contact (like expedia, travelocity those kind of site but runs in Philippine)
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I was looking for a TA in Philippines to book a SITI fare on TG a few months ago- unfortunately could not find any who will book remotely and most wanted me to turn up with passport and credit card in person(a couple of them were willing to book tickets but wanted funds to be transferred to their bank account electronically as payment,no credit cards). Couldn't find any online travel agencies either.
Ended up booking ex-TPE.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LonLH
I was looking for a TA in Philippines to book a SITI fare on TG a few months ago- unfortunately could not find any who will book remotely and most wanted me to turn up with passport and credit card in person(a couple of them were willing to book tickets but wanted funds to be transferred to their bank account electronically as payment,no credit cards). Couldn't find any online travel agencies either.
Ended up booking ex-TPE.
Sigh. That's the feeling I am getting too. Most simply just don't even reply e-mail.

Do you mind PM me which agent is willing to book but wanted fund transfer/wire money?

Also what the heck the need passport for?! I managed to call one of the TA but OMG I can hardly communicate with them...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Can someone suggest me a travel agent can issue TK ticket in Philippine? Or even better if it can be done all online without human contact (like expedia, travelocity those kind of site but runs in Philippine)
Are you trying to issue award-ticket or..? When i was in Manila i saw various places with TK stickers on the windows. Probably they were some kind of travel agencies. Try emailing/calling Hong Kong TK sales office if they could help you. I think it's the closest if you are in Philippines(great country btw):

Weekdays: 09:00-18:00
Saturday: 09:00-13:00
Sunday: Closed

+852 28613111
Reservation - Ticket - General Information: [email protected]
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joorinainen
Are you trying to issue award-ticket or..? When i was in Manila i saw various places with TK stickers on the windows. Probably they were some kind of travel agencies. Try emailing/calling Hong Kong TK sales office if they could help you. I think it's the closest if you are in Philippines(great country btw):

Weekdays: 09:00-18:00
Saturday: 09:00-13:00
Sunday: Closed

+852 28613111
Reservation - Ticket - General Information: [email protected]
Thanks. I am trying to purchase TK tickets in Manila. BTW, what's that e-mail address for? Doesn't look like a TK company e-mail address...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Thanks. I am trying to purchase TK tickets in Manila. BTW, what's that e-mail address for? Doesn't look like a TK company e-mail address...
What is your special need that requires philippine TA rather than thy.com and e-ticket? Address which i provided is TK email-address for their Hong Kong office. In manila there should be plenty of TA's that can get any airline ticket you want?

Here is few examples: http://www.scorpiotravel.com/about.html and http://www.rajahtravel.com/inquireonline.html
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
What great fares are out of Phillipines or TPE?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by joorinainen
various places with TK stickers on the windows. Probably they were some kind of travel agencies. Try emailing/calling Hong Kong TK sales office if they could help you.
Stickers and that means something? They all sell PR or 5J with a 200 peso commission and anything else is a 2 day ordeal.

Yes payment is cash and some idiot in the government requires your passport for travel tax purposes.

I think EK online is breaking this rule as tickets are issued in DXB. And travel tax (1620PH or something PH in your XT) charged automatically. My EY ticket was not auto issued due to a problem in the progress... DL wanted my award ex-MNL reissued with a passport copy.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Many places in asia simply do not allow you to book and then pay for anything over the phone with a credit card due to fraud. So they need to see all documentation to prove who you say you are. Asking for a copy of your passport with picture, and scanned copies of front/back of your creditcard is not unusual. Really with all the hassles, your best bet is to maybe fly there yourself, find a reputable agency, introduce yourself and promise them you'll book with them from now on and here are your documents....and cc number on file.

Alternatively, you may try booking with their local amex travel office if you have an amex card. But I think you'll be asked everything as above too.

BTW - you do realise that TK does not physically fly to/from MNL yet..?

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 13, 2011 at 1:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.