Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Before asking your question related to your case please read this information that may be useful;

It mostly takes 48 hours for miles to be credited for Elite & Elite Plus members both on TK and *A partners and it mostly takes 72 hours for miles to be credited for Classic & Classic Plus members. However;

*It could take up to 72 hours that a Turkish Airlines or AnadoluJet flight to be credited to your Miles&Smiles account. If it didn't enter your flights to the missing miles section and they should be credited immediately after submitting the form. Be aware that you would be asked to enter a coupon number which is your e-ticket number and you would also asked to enter your fare code which could be found in your e-mail confirmation or your e-ticket.

*It could take up to 15 days until a Star Alliance partner flights have been credited. If your flight has not been credited within 15 days please follow the instructions below. At the moment, Star Alliance retroclaim is not possible online due to technical difficulties.

IF YOUR MILES HAVE NOT BEEN CREDITED IN THE PERIOD ABOVE;

Fill out a feedback form from the official website of Turkish Airlines. Be sure to add many relevant details as you have. It's necessary that you enter your Miles&Smiles number and put a copy of your passport ( ID or drivers licence is enough for Turkish citizens ) in to your case. Also give details, on the airline, flight number, fare class, origin, destination, e-ticket number and travel date. Also include a copy of your boarding pass and your e-ticket. Be aware that mobile boarding pass screenshots must include the part that pop ups when you press the button on the bottom right corner of the screen. Sometimes half ripped boarding passes does not work so if possible take a photo of the whole boarding pass after being handed by the ground staff or printed by the kiosk. Keep the ripped part until your miles have been credited. Also, do not delete your e-ticket from your e-mail as sometimes not being able to prove a copy of your e-ticket would deny your case and your miles won't be credited. Also write down the feedback case number unless you need to recontact them about your issue.

* For non *A airlines , hotel, car rental and other partners please read the relevant page related to that partner at turkishairlines.com

-------------------------

* If you think that the wrong amount of miles have been credited for your flight, first check turkishairlines.com for the most accurate percentages of miles related to your fare class. For newbies, be aware that on Turkish Airlines flights the signage on the boarding pass Y or C is not your fare class. They are class codes which mean Economy Class and Business Class. Your fare class could be found in your e-mail confirmation when booking directly with Turkish Airlines. After doing all the necessary checks, if you still believe that you have been credited the wrong amount. Contact Turkish Airlines by the feedback form.

* On Miles&Smiles you could retroclaim miles for the last 12 months for Turkish Airlines & Star Alliance partners even though you have recently started your membership.
Print Wikipost

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Angry Retro-credit removed

I flew ALY-IST a year ago and had to retro-credit the flight. I got the points within a few weeks. Now a few months ago they have deducted the earned miles, statement reads "MILAGE CORRECTION" meaning I've earned 0 points for the flight.

Did anyone else experience this? I've sent a message via the contact form but no answer.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I just had to do a claim on Air China again, the checkin agent was dyslexic and reversed my first three ff numbers. I now understand a little of the confusion. You do not use the online Turkish flight form for making claims, you go to the feedback page (online), write the details of the issue (claim missing miles) give all the details normally expected, attach PDFs or JPEGs of tickets and boarding passes and send. I received a response that they were addressing the issue with Air China within 2 weeks.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Never got a response to my claim (via email and then the online form) but the miles have been added to my account, some 2 months after flying and 1 month after making the request.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

I just claimed miles to UA for a TK flight ADB-IST-EZE,got them after 3 days.I believe the reason they did not credit was that the ADB-IST segment was on a separat ticket/booking class that does not credit to UA,offcs I could have tried to credit this separately to TK,but explaining that to the agent would have been a major hassle.Im realy impressed by the quick response from TK,-far,far better than UA in a similar situation,although it might just have helped that the flight was in E+,which would have cost TK 1,25+25 pct,while it only yeilds flown miles with UA!! Made me 1K though,and Ive already cleared GPUs and RPUs bcs of that.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: Turkish / Lufthansa
I am trying to get my retro miles but I get an odd message:

"This activity is already credited to another member."

Ticket number, class, etc. are the same as the connecting flight.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Giving up

Originally Posted by Gnopps
I flew ALY-IST a year ago and had to retro-credit the flight. I got the points within a few weeks. Now a few months ago they have deducted the earned miles, statement reads "MILAGE CORRECTION" meaning I've earned 0 points for the flight.

Did anyone else experience this? I've sent a message via the contact form but no answer.
They eventually did answer saying that the flight had been credited, which wasn't the problem. The problem was that the miles were then deducted later. So I called and explained myself and finally someone understood (after 20 minutes on the phone). He promised to take care of it but nothing happened.

I give up now. Really should find another program for the future...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Gnopps
They eventually did answer saying that the flight had been credited, which wasn't the problem. The problem was that the miles were then deducted later. So I called and explained myself and finally someone understood (after 20 minutes on the phone). He promised to take care of it but nothing happened.

I give up now. Really should find another program for the future...
You need to call a lot of times to get these things sorted out - I think it's the whole TK mentality - they don't do it unless you push it like crazy.

For a total luggage damage - it took us 6 months + numerous emails + 12 visit at CPH's TK office (now I have learned the lesson and got a travel insurance that will take care of this).

I got my 'family membership' without pooling the miles after 9 months of struggle. Now I need to push them to pool our miles together in order to use the mileage to upgrade - so far I have made 2 phones call and will continue to do so in the coming week.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:13 am

Lost boarding pass, need mileage credit

Is there any way whatsoever to claim retroactive mileage credit on TK without a boarding pass? Took a TATL UA flight and did not get mileage credit. Simply can't find the boarding pass
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was able to make a retro claim over the phone without sending my boarding passes. As long as you've got your ticket and seat numbers it should be fine.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
I was able to make a retro claim over the phone without sending my boarding passes. As long as you've got your ticket and seat numbers it should be fine.
Great! Thank you
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
When did you fly? It now takes about 2 weeks for UA flights to be credited. It used to be 2-3 days.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
When did you fly? It now takes about 2 weeks for UA flights to be credited. It used to be 2-3 days.
Is that a recent change? I did in fact receive credit today - 2 1/2 weeks after my flight.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:27 pm

Retro Claim - Boarding Pass AND Ticket??

I'm trying to retro claim miles for a flight on A3. The TK website is asking me to post my boarding pass and tickets. What's the difference? I thought a boarding pass was a ticket? Do TK mean the receipt?

Palmer
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Palmer
I'm trying to retro claim miles for a flight on A3. The TK website is asking me to post my boarding pass and tickets. What's the difference? I thought a boarding pass was a ticket? Do TK mean the receipt?

Palmer
Your ticket is your eticket and your boarding pass is the proof you flew.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: None. I'm cured.
Originally Posted by Undutched
I am trying to get my retro miles but I get an odd message:

"This activity is already credited to another member."

Ticket number, class, etc. are the same as the connecting flight.
I have the same problem.

I have requested the miles via their contact page online form 10 times now over the last 6 weeks.

Mosly they don't even bother acknowledging my email.

A couple of times I have received a reply stating that the miles were already credited to another member ... exactly the problem I was trying to get them to look at.

I think that department is staffed by monkeys.

I have decided to send the same request every 2 days just to see if it eventually makes it up the food chain to a human.

Good luck with your efforts.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.