FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1144950-missing-miles-master-thread-miles-not-crediting-retrocredit-issues-etc.html)

dabee69 Nov 6, 2010 3:09 pm

Missing miles master thread (miles not crediting, retrocredit issues etc)

Code:

DATE        FLIGHT        CLASS        ACTIVITY        DESCRIPTION        BONUS MILES        STATUS MILES
05/11/2010                                MS0959 BKK-CAI 10.10.2010 NAME NOT BE FO        0        0
05/11/2010                                MS0958 CAI-BKK 02.10.2010 INVALID FLIGHT        0        0

Booked in Business class, J fare. Why it is not valid for accural? It seems to me perfectly valid scheduled Star Alliance flight... I have my TK FFP on BP. I guess I won't able to credit them anywhere else.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I am only 1573 miles away from TK*G. Those flights would get me much more than this. It would be a pity not to get credited for 2 longhauls in business...

Code:

As of 6.11.2010 miles are required to be ugraded to Elite.        1.573

moeser Nov 8, 2010 12:47 am

Complain to M&S.
Scan the BP and send them per E Mail.

dabee69 Nov 8, 2010 3:32 am

Received a disappointing e-mail. Please PM me an e-mail of a human being if possible. I will complain to the regular email but this will be 4th e-mail about this flight...

The flight you have claimed dated 10/10/2010 and flight numbered MS0959 from BKK to CAI cannot be credited to your Miles&Smiles account since your flight record could not be found in the related flight .
I had 1 segment prior to BKK-CAI and 1 after. Same ticket. 2 of 3 flights were credited properly. Seems to be something wrong with MS.

A wild guess it that the flight was CAI-BKK-CAN and maybe it is not registered as a flight CAI-BKK and vice versa somewhere.

moeser Nov 9, 2010 12:25 am

Sorry but I have none.
I suggest to ask tcm or rozy.
They are usually well informed & helpful.

moeser Nov 14, 2010 8:37 am

Hi dabee69.

Any success with your missing miles ????

dabee69 Nov 15, 2010 5:12 am

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 15137846)
Hi dabee69.

Any success with your missing miles ????

Hi!

No, I got yet another invalid flight. I am receiving automated messages. Not sure what to do next... My mate had to claim same MS flights but He already got miles credited in SAS EuroBonus.

12/11/2010 MS0959 BKK-CAI 10.10.2010 FLIGHT NOT ELI 0 0
12/11/2010 MS0958 CAI-BKK 02.10.2010 FLIGHT NOT ELI 0 0
05/11/2010 MS0959 BKK-CAI 10.10.2010 NAME NOT BE FO 0 0
05/11/2010 MS0958 CAI-BKK 02.10.2010 INVALID FLIGHT 0 0

tcm Nov 15, 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dabee69 (Post 15142872)
Hi!

No, I got yet another invalid flight. I am receiving automated messages. Not sure what to do next... My mate had to claim same MS flights but He already got miles credited in SAS EuroBonus.

dabee69,

It seems that TK is unable to confirm your details with MS to apply your missing credit. Unless MS confirms your flight details with TK they will not credit your flight. You have to get in touch with MS.

Mileage credits are audited. AFAIK, the department (Product Development) head at TK M&S needs to O.K. any irregular mileage credits.

dabee69 Nov 16, 2010 2:08 am

Originally Posted by tcm (Post 15145300)
dabee69,

It seems that TK is unable to confirm your details with MS to apply your missing credit. Unless MS confirms your flight details with TK they will not credit your flight. You have to get in touch with MS.

Mileage credits are audited. AFAIK, the department (Product Development) head at TK M&S needs to O.K. any irregular mileage credits.

Any ideas how to contact MS and ask for the flight confirmation? Usually the original paper boarding pass with TK FFP is fine.

Guy Betsy Nov 16, 2010 7:22 am

Originally Posted by dabee69 (Post 15152813)
Any ideas how to contact MS and ask for the flight confirmation? Usually the original paper boarding pass with TK FFP is fine.

I fail to see why MS has to provide information...

Your ticket, which shows the booking class, and fare basis should be sufficient.
You cannot just mail in your BP and just a copy of the ticket. If there is no information, ie booking class and fare basis, then its difficult to claim for miles.

tcm Nov 16, 2010 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 15154542)
I fail to see why MS has to provide information...

Your ticket, which shows the booking class, and fare basis should be sufficient.
You cannot just mail in your BP and just a copy of the ticket. If there is no information, ie booking class and fare basis, then its difficult to claim for miles.

You should know better:D

Let me explain, once you scan and send the copy of your ticket (showing the booking class and fare basis) and BP to TK they will then ask for a electronic confirmation from MS.

If MS fails to confirm these details, TK will not credit your account. The OP needs to contact his/her local MS office and get them to confirm the flight details with TK M&S.

dabee69 Nov 19, 2010 2:03 am

Originally Posted by tcm (Post 15155253)
If MS fails to confirm these details, TK will not credit your account. The OP needs to contact his/her local MS office and get them to confirm the flight details with TK M&S.

This is where it gets complicated. I am based in Latvia, bought ticket out of Germany to Thailand from Finnish travel agency. Egyptair is not present in Latvia at all. No local travel agency can even issue a ticket out of MS stock.

I could potentially email both of them. I will maybe try to claim miles somewhere else... :rolleyes:

dabee69 Nov 23, 2010 9:00 am

I got my miles credited! :cool:

10/10/2010 MS0959 C BKK - CAI BANGKOK-CAIRO 0 6.764
02/10/2010 MS0958 C CAI - BKK CAIRO-BANGKOK 0 6.764
It looks like it has been done manually. I politely complained and made a note that I would like to escalate the issue.

Overall it took me just 5 e-mails to M&S ;) Certainly worth it. Waiting for the night job to do the "CARD UPGRADE" :D

msc75 Dec 30, 2011 1:19 pm

UA flight did not post to TK account

The return leg of my LAX-PDX trip posted automatically but the outbound segment did not. I was hoping there would be an online form to fill out or a number to call but the TK website says: "You need to send your original boarding passes and the ticket copies to Turkish Airlines Head Office 8th floor Product Development Management 34149 Yeşilköy, ISTANBUL TURKEY in order to earn mileage credit for flights flown on our Program Partner Airlines. " Seriously? :confused: Has anyone had any luck doing this? The reverse was very easy, getting TK flights credited to my husband's UA account via an online form. I don't know why this can't be done the same way.

moeser Jan 2, 2012 12:34 am

Have the same problem with some LH flights.

Scan your documents ( BP,etc.) and send them via e-mail to TK,it worked for us in former and you'll be still in possession of the originals.
In addition,cross your fingers,to retroclaim miles with M&S can be pita.

swiss_global Jan 2, 2012 3:27 am

I had (or have) the same issue with two TP flights. I sent the required documents by mail (postal service) to the address mentioned by the OP about 10 days ago (just before x-mas). Yesterday, I received an e-mail message confirming the receipt and stating they've just submitted the retroclaim for confirmation to TP (explicitly mentioning TP).

So far, so good. The miles haven't been posted, as yet, but the submission process seems to work smoothly.^