Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Update Employment information for GE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

I was successfully able to update my address on the GOES site (after trying for 30 minutes to get Customer Service to answer my phone and reset my password but I am unable to update my employment information.

I will try and call customer service tomorrow and see what they say but it was a real PITA to try and get ahold of them today. Their number was not working. I finally called the 202 number and got through but was on hold for a very long time.

Does anyone know if I have to go into the local office and get this updated? I need a few phone numbers deleted as well.

Can i make an appointment?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Thought I would reply back with what I found out. Employment information does not have to be updated until you renew.

The pieces of information that need to be kept current are: current passport number, drivers license number and mailing address. Passport number and mailing address can be done online at the GOES website.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:43 pm

Change employment?

Is there a way to change employment status online? I can log onto my global entry account and get to https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/HomePagePreAction.do.

I can see current employment and employment history when I click on my account, but no way to change these. I see links for changing passport, address and profile, but none of these seem to allow changes to employment information.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think so. YOu just update them when you apply for the renewal.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I don't think so. YOu just update them when you apply for the renewal.
That would explain my inability to change it online.

I had tried calling (4 calls ahead of you, 10 min later, 4 calls ahead of you) and emailing (2-3 business weeks for a reply).
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I don't think it matters much to them.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
"It's DHS...we already know. Congratulations."
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:08 pm

CBP had wrong employment information about me for GE, how to fix?

At my last interview to which i was denied and no reason was given i was asked about my employment at a company called Rework Technologies, i said i havent worked with such a place but its possible i worked with them as i sold rework machines

To them, they probably think im lying or something since they are overly suspicious

I randomly just decided to google myself and found this site https://www.apollo.io/people/Ace/Mal...6869320913c770, the XModdz and USAF are correct but the rework company is incorrect, is CBP using this site to conduct searches? How can i prove to them this is incorrect for my next interview?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.