Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry by 12/23/15?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Submitted my application 11/22. LAX says they're currently accepting appointments for February, but I might not be able to make an appointment for 8 weeks. This pushes us way into the future.

Is there a faster way? We have a trip in late December.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Keep checking the site religiously and if a cancellation occurs you can snag the appointment. In my experience cancellations happen quite frequently.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I can't even see an option for making an appointment on the website. LAX says it takes up to 8 weeks just to get to that stage.

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Keep checking the site religiously and if a cancellation occurs you can snag the appointment. In my experience cancellations happen quite frequently.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hank Moody
I can't even see an option for making an appointment on the website. LAX says it takes up to 8 weeks just to get to that stage.
Have you gotten conditional approval? Until you get that you cannot see what appointment times are available online .....
Once you get conditional approval you can check the times every minute everyday and look for cancellations ...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

No, I haven't gotten conditional approval yet. Any idea how long that takes?

Originally Posted by kitie carson
Have you gotten conditional approval? Until you get that you cannot see what appointment times are available online .....
Once you get conditional approval you can check the times every minute everyday and look for cancellations ...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
No, I haven't gotten conditional approval yet. Any idea how long that takes?
Barring no issues or a big backlog in the system as short as seven to ten days. Once you've gotten conditional approval you'll be able to at least try to schedule an appointment.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You need conditional approval to schedule an appointment. All three of you must appear for an appointment and final approval may come as soon as minutes after your interview or it make take months (or result in a denial).

Appointments come and go hourly. You may not see an appointment for 8 weeks and then 6 hours later see one for the next AM. While you must make an appointment for each of you, all three of you should simply go to the first appointment.

At the appointment, listen to the questions carefully, take your time and always answer 100% truthfully. If you need to provide an explanation, provide it.

Few people seem to be denied for minor transgressions in their past, but many people are denied for providing untruthful answers. Thus, listen to the question, compose your answer and give it. Don't hurry yourself.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Well, one week after our initial applications and I get conditional approval on all three of them. At first, LAX isn't taking appointments until February. Then late last night an opening became available for this coming Thursday. Unfortunately, my wife can't make it, but my daughter and I can. We'll knock down two of the three, and hope that another slot opens up for my wife.

Originally Posted by Often1
You need conditional approval to schedule an appointment. All three of you must appear for an appointment and final approval may come as soon as minutes after your interview or it make take months (or result in a denial).

Appointments come and go hourly. You may not see an appointment for 8 weeks and then 6 hours later see one for the next AM. While you must make an appointment for each of you, all three of you should simply go to the first appointment.

At the appointment, listen to the questions carefully, take your time and always answer 100% truthfully. If you need to provide an explanation, provide it.

Few people seem to be denied for minor transgressions in their past, but many people are denied for providing untruthful answers. Thus, listen to the question, compose your answer and give it. Don't hurry yourself.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:59 pm

Well, one week after our initial applications and I get conditional approval on all three of them. At first, LAX isn't taking appointments until February. Then late last night an opening became available for this coming Thursday. Unfortunately, my wife can't make it, but my daughter and I can. We'll knock down two of the three, and hope that another slot opens up for my wife.
Yup, just keep checking. I got conditional approval on Nov 22nd and didn't see any openings until Feb. Decided to check Thanksgiving morning and an opening appeared for today. GE member now
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Yup, just keep checking. I got conditional approval on Nov 22nd and didn't see any openings until Feb. Decided to check Thanksgiving morning and an opening appeared for today. GE member now
Awesome. Don't forget to set up your reservations with your PASSID and make sure that your first, middle, and last names, along with your sex and birthdate match exactly to GOES.

Once you use the Precheck lane and the GE kiosks, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get GE.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Can the PASSID be added to existing reservations given reasonable notice? I fly 12/23 on UA. My interview is 12/3.

Originally Posted by dustman81
Awesome. Don't forget to set up your reservations with your PASSID and make sure that your first, middle, and last names, along with your sex and birthdate match exactly to GOES.

Once you use the Precheck lane and the GE kiosks, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get GE.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Can the PASSID be added to existing reservations given reasonable notice? I fly 12/23 on UA. My interview is 12/3.
Yep. Just go into your UA account, go to "Manage Reservations", and to "Edit Traveler Information". Put your PASSID in the "Known Traveler Number" field. Also make sure that the name in Secure Flight matches exactly (first, middle, last) to GOES.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...-precheck.aspx
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by dustman81
Yep. Just go into your UA account, go to "Manage Reservations", and to "Edit Traveler Information". Put your PASSID in the "Known Traveler Number" field. Also make sure that the name in Secure Flight matches exactly (first, middle, last) to GOES.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...-precheck.aspx
Dustman81 is correct. Your interview agent should or might give you some idea about your approval at the end if your interview. Mine told me I was approved at the interview and explained how I could immediately enter my PassID as my KTN in my various airline profiles. Now the one thing he said, that differs slightly from what others have been told, was the GE portion wouldn't be effective until I actually received my GE card and entered the code in the back on line. I may have, maybe most likely, misunderstood him or he misspoke as others have reported here that all entering the code does is activate the card for land border crossings. Beats me. It was several months before I traveled Internationally and the card isn't needed for that so it wasn't an issue. I will say I've used GE twice now and it's well worth the extra $15 over just PreCheck enrollment.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I just want to be sure of one thing. Though I made an appointment for myself, I can bring my wife and daughter along for their interviews?
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Dustman81 is correct. Your interview agent should or might give you some idea about your approval at the end if your interview. Mine told me I was approved at the interview and explained how I could immediately enter my PassID as my KTN in my various airline profiles. Now the one thing he said, that differs slightly from what others have been told, was the GE portion wouldn't be effective until I actually received my GE card and entered the code in the back on line. Now I may have, maybe most likely, misunderstood him or he misspoke as others have reported here that all entering the code does is activate the card for land border crossings. Beats me. It was several months before I traveled Internationally and the card isn't needed for that so it wasn't an issue. I will say I've used GE twice now and it's well worth the extra $15 over just PreCheck enrollment.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:27 pm

I just want to be sure of one thing. Though I made an appointment for myself, I can bring my wife and daughter along for their interviews?
Technically you've only got one interview scheduled so it'll depend on the interviewer. A friendly one without a big line behind you might say yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.