Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by gingersnaps
Why do you let them push you around like that? Next time ask for the Supervisor, better yet, ask for the Manager on duty.
Oh I don't know... done this a few times already. Like or not, the blueshirts determine whether you get through their checkpoint. The game of requiring the closest checkpoint to your gate is merely annoying. Besides got some much needed exercise.

What is far more concerning is their apparent new found powers to force pax (yes even PreCheck) into AIT.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Wonderful.

Flying out late Sunday night on WN. Between (apparently) no Pre at PHX and the new AIT rules, I should probably arrive early.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Wonderful.

Flying out late Sunday night on WN. Between (apparently) no Pre at PHX and the new AIT rules, I should probably arrive early.
Turned out well actually. Pre open at the T4 C checkpoint at 8:50pm tonight. ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Oh I don't know... done this a few times already. Like or not, the blueshirts determine whether you get through their checkpoint. The game of requiring the closest checkpoint to your gate is merely annoying. Besides got some much needed exercise.

What is far more concerning is their apparent new found powers to force pax (yes even PreCheck) into AIT.
<deleted by moderator>.

Ask for the Supervisor the 3 stripe Supervisor and when the Supervisor shows up ask for the Manager. Then ask both, why you are prohibited from entering Checkpoint D when you boarding pass indicates you are at C gates.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 4, 2017 at 3:32 pm Reason: Policy debate/commentary, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:02 pm

Just went through T4-C checkpoint. PreCheck appeared closed, but the overhead sign didn't say "Closed," it said "Pre" with an arrow. So I walked down the lane to the left side, found myself behind a couple with the lady in a wheelchair, waited my turn, and held my phone over the scanner. Beep! In I went. Couldn't believe it.

Then I find myself in Lane 3. Lanes 3 and 4 are feeding through a metal detector, scanner is down. Then they shut down lanes 3 and 4 entirely and move me over to lane 5.

So now one TSA is saying "we're not doing ANY precheck today, all hats, shoes, jackets off" etc etc. In the 5 minutes it took me to get up to the scanner....They decided to make lane 5 the dedicated PreCheck lane. So I have my hat and my jacket off but I stop stripping, go through with my shoes on, laptop in the bag, liquids in the bag.

The man standing right behind me had waited in that huge long line for 40 minutes. And he had PreCheck. Luckily he wasn't too pissed...at me, anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Slightly OT, but related to PHX TSA. My WN flight arrived 33 minutes late at the T4 D gates. TSA had locked the exit from the concourse, forcing all the passengers to take the long walk around the terminal to find an exit. At the remaining exit, there were several TSA clerks doing nothing.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:42 pm

TSA Precheck lanes closing at certain airports?

Has anyone heard anything about this? Two business traveler friends of mine have reported closures in the last week at St. Louis and Houston (Bush). Very concerned about the time this will add to check-in. Not only that but some folks have paid $85 and $100 for the privilege. I'm a business traveler, too, but my first trip of the year is tomorrow, so I'm wondering what other folks are seeing/hearing about this.

My friend's post made while at St. Louis/Lambert.
"Attn fellow travelers: the TSA PreCheck lane has closed permanently at this airport this due to lack of staff and passengers to keep it open. did get to keep my shoes on though. I have a feeling more closures are coming."
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
My CC paid,
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
A couple of data points:

• 12/23/2015, 6:00pm: PC lane open at T4 C gates. Breezed through with no problems. Standard line looked to be at least 20-30 minutes.
  • 1/11/2016, 11:00am: PC lane open at T4 C gates. Again, breezed through easily. Walked by the D gates and the PC lane appeared to be closed.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Just went thru T3. Precheck was closed (of course) and I was funneled down the main line. Other than keeping my shoes and belt on and going thru the WTMD (after scanning my boarding pass a second time), it was just like old times.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Full PC at concourse B in T4 this morning when I came thru around 7:55 am. Both this checkpoint & the D checkpoint across the hall very quiet, despite an e-mail from AA yesterday saying to arrive 3 hrs before departure today and tomorrow due to high pax volume.

To be fair, the B AC is packed.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Next time I'm in PHX, I think I'll drop by the enrollment booth.

I want to see what answer I get when I ask about Pre availablility - what hours and which checkpoints. I want to see if I get anything resembling an honest answer - which is that Pre is rarely and unpredictably available at PHX because the PHX FSD doesn't support the program. I will make it clear that I have no interest in enrolling in a program and paying for a service that is rarely and inconsistently available.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:31 pm

Pre Check Lines Being Reduced?

Seeing these closures in more places. IND only has a precheck line in one concourse now. HPN only opens precheck in the morning. The explanation given alternates between "staff reductions" and "you were told that it may not always be available". I was also told it can be revoked when I questioned one agent. I'm wondering what I paid for. The lines are longer and I still have to take my bag apart. Keeping my shoes on is no consolation prize. <deleted by moderator>

Any idea what's going on?

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 19, 2016 at 1:41 pm Reason: Policy debate, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:11 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
In St. Louis recently, the dedicated pre-check line has been closed towards the end of the day when the volume of passengers is fairly low.

Since that's the only time I've been travelling recently, I can't tell if it is a permanent thing or just at low volume times.

Greg
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:02 pm

I went through STL at 2PM on 1/29 and the PreCheck was open, they were directing those with no Pre thru. Irritating because I got behind an older couple who had no clue, asked about shoes/belts/phones/laptop and still managed to have to go thru the magnometer twice each!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.