Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
<deleted by moderator>

At JFK T4 last July after 8pm PreCheck was closed and the lines were mammoth...why was it closed!? I had a 10pm flight and there were later ones. Surely the TSA at JFK T4 with Delta as its main tenant who has a large hub there could justify having a TSA Pre lane open until 11pm instead of lines snaking out the front door...

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 19, 2016 at 1:39 pm Reason: Policy debate, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:42 pm

LAX T3 has a Precheck "lane" but this just allows for an expedited ID check, past that point you merge with everyone else and get to go through the metal detector. They've totally shuttered their traditional Precheck service.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
LAX T3 has a Precheck "lane" but this just allows for an expedited ID check, past that point you merge with everyone else and get to go through the metal detector. They've totally shuttered their traditional Precheck service.
In three the three flights I've taken since getting Pre-Check LAX T1 it seems to do the same. I thought it might be due to the time of day I went through the checkpoint (~7-8pm.) They were definitely sharing the x-ray machine with "regular" passengers so I think that it wasn't full pre-check service. TSA never announce liquids need to be taken out of your bag at LAX so I never bother doing it.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Very pleased to see full precheck at the PHX T4-A gates this evening (7:20pm). First time I ever got to use precheck at PHX.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA
On Friday, Pre-Check in ORD Terminal 3 was closed at checkpoint 8 and only open at 7, with terrible signage. Today, all Pre-Check lines in PHL American terminal were closed, with signs directing users to the other lines...

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 19, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reason: Policy debate, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:51 pm

Precheck closed at DTW N Terminal again today at 6:30ish. I guess I should just resign myself to the fact that I won't be able to use Pre on my flights out of DTW.

It's not like the airport was a ghost town this time of day either, still plenty of flights going out that evening.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:17 am

LAX T3 is just permanently closed now. There's a "Precheck" line which will allow you to skip the queue to the ID checker (bypassing both priority and standard lines), but you're still funneled into the main checkpoint lanes. You can leave your shoes on, but laptop, liquids, etc all are standard procedure.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
I have also seen those lines closed in Denver many times.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:04 am

Also full precheck at the T4 A gates tonight at 715 PM... was nice to breeze through instead of waiting what appeared to be 20 minutes in the regular line.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
T4C Pre was open about 15 minutes ago (today is Sunday). Took about 10 min to get through due to the line (about 30 people in front on me). Regular line looked to be about a 20 minute wait; WN BS/A-list line had no wait.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: aa,ua,dl,sw
JFK Term 8 Preselect

On Friday morning April 22nd at 10 am the TSA Preselect lines were closed at AA Term 8 at JFK allegedly due to lack of TSA staff.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 4, 2017 at 3:30 pm Reason: Policy debate/commentary, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:49 am

This same thing happened to me in Denver a couple weeks ago. Mid-afternoon on Tuesday. Security was an absolute zoo. Neither TSA pre-chek or First Class lines were open. Hundreds of passengers in a huge Disneyland type queue slothing their way toward security screening. Once through screening at least ten TSA folks standing there watching passengers regain themselves and their belongings. I am under the impression that TSA wants to use pre-chek to make things more efficient and faster for everyone involved. <deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 19, 2016 at 1:44 pm Reason: Policy debate, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Tuesday, 4/26 @ 4:45 am-no PC at any of the 4 concourses in T4 @ PHX where 80% of all pax @ that airport fly out of.

Land @ LIT & there are signs posted that state PC is open everyday starting @ 4:30 am.

If LIT can do it, PHX should be able to do it!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by txrus
Tuesday, 4/26 @ 4:45 am-no PC at any of the 4 concourses in T4 @ PHX where 80% of all pax @ that airport fly out of.

Land @ LIT & there are signs posted that state PC is open everyday starting @ 4:30 am.

If LIT can do it, PHX should be able to do it!
Was 'expedited' screening available for Pre pax when they got to the TDC? Were they allowed to keep shoes on?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
Was 'expedited' screening available for Pre pax when they got to the TDC? Were they allowed to keep shoes on?
Yes, but that's not the point of PC. In addition, they are now requiring that the BP be re-scanned, @ the WTMD, even though the ID checker has already scribbled on it w/what is supposed to be a 'magic' E (or so she said).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.