Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GAO Report on Trusted Traveller Programs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite

The full report is pretty interesting reading:http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-483?source=ra
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:11 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Good read, thanks for posting.

The part about standardizing interviews was interesting along with this nugget:
"the Global Entry application denial rate ranged from 0.1 percent of the 2,767 applications adjudicated at 1 enrollment center to 5.6 percent of the 2,156 applications adjudicated at another enrollment center in fiscal year 2013"

It was also interesting to see Mexican Citizens have already hit 4% of the 1+million in GE.

JFK, Miami, Houston, and Newark lead the pack on GE usage still, which is similar to numbers I had seen a couple of years ago. Going way back Dulles was up there but that was vestige of it being one of the three originals with IAH and JFK.

Orlando Sanford- 134 Global Entry uses in two years...nice ;-)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Good read, thanks for posting.

The part about standardizing interviews was interesting along with this nugget:
"the Global Entry application denial rate ranged from 0.1 percent of the 2,767 applications adjudicated at 1 enrollment center to 5.6 percent of the 2,156 applications adjudicated at another enrollment center in fiscal year 2013"
Sure would help if they provided more context, such as the next highest. Was 5.6% because the one next to the Mexican border was more suspicious? Or because the one in Omaha, Nebraska liked to reject people?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond, Hyatt DM, Le Club Accor etc...
So based on the report. My reapplication basically is just a waste of my money and time.

I really wish I read this document before I reapply. It has been a nightmare for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.