Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Mini-report ORD-BOS (or it pays to be nice to people)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 1999, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver

Normally, I wouldn't report on one of my "routine" flights of ORD-BOS-ORD but today's was quite nice. Geri, the lady who does Business One service to BOS from ORD, has worked everyone of my flights since I started this run and definitely knows the meaning of customer service. Last week, she came on board the plane after I got on, and gave me 2 free drink/headset coupons just out of the blue (a Bailey's on the rocks DEFINITELY makes flying coach easier to deal with on a Fri. night! ) So, I saw her this morning to thank her for the drink tickets and just asked her to check that my seat was not the bulkhead. She took my boarding pass, & after a bit, she gave me a new one for 1st class! It was so nice!!

When I got to Budget to pick up my car, just about all the shuttle drivers know me and George, the guy who works the FastBreak booth also knows me. He usually will either hold an Outback for me or in the case of today, got one out for me. I must admit, I did have a small dance with temptation. Today they were having a special for just $10/day more, I could've gotten a Jaguar! I didn't do it this time, but next time, who knows!

Anyway, the whole gist of this story is that some people still know the meaning of customer service & appreciate your business even if it seems sometimes that the travel industry in general forgets. It also does pay to be nice to people you see everyday!

O.K., off my soapbox!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

Old Apr 5, 1999, 8:00 pm
Commander Catcop

A four paws up posting ANNA!

It's great to make a connection with employees and if you both help each other the flying will be better.

I have not flown enough to get to know the peopleat U-A EWR but if I did it's nice to be remembered (they all know me at the Nordstroms!)

So a special Four PAWS up for you and the workers you deal with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.