Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Two Flyertalkers meet at the Marriott

Old Apr 6, 1999, 1:06 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

I had the pleasure of meeting TravelDave and his lovely wife Larrie at the consierge lounge at the Marriott Marquis on 4-05.

I hope you both read this message: you are among the most friendly and welcoming people I've met. I'm glad to know you and thank you for taking time out to meet with me!

The consierge lounge had a very nice pre dinner buffett and drinks. The food in some cases surpassed the quality of some overpriced NYC restaurants. They have elite status with Marriott and I'm seeing why it can be beneficial (and delicious.) I believe they said they like Marriott so they focus their stays on renewing their elite status there.

They mentioend they don't travel like myself or other F-T-er's but I mentioned everyone has their own travel plan and their's combinating Marriott elite and shopping around for good fares sounds like a super plan to me!

We talked of our adventures, Flyertalk (I'm urging TravelDave to post more! You too Larrie! Even if it's a few times a month!) theatre (we all love the theatre -- they were here for a marathon of seeing shows!)

They also made a good point that most travelers are helpful and friendly to each other. They certainly are!

And the icing ont eh cake: Both love CATS and are owned by Puff and Kit-Kat!

I hope to see them again! Flyertalkers are the best!

Old Apr 6, 1999, 2:07 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

PS to NJDavid, our resident photographer.. TravelDave and Larrie have agreed to join your F-T gallery of pixs.

I'll send you the picture and e-mail them to e-mail you just so you hear it from them.

Another interesting thing about F-T: So many interesting and friendly couples, spouses who don't mind their better half's Hobby of raking up miles and points and free tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.