Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Spring Break in Australia & Russia (CX F, SQ Suites, QF A380 F, BA F, LH F & OZ F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Break in Australia & Russia (CX F, SQ Suites, QF A380 F, BA F, LH F & OZ F)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines Flight 865

Boy, was I hungry. After a quick visit to the toilet, it was time to attend to the fountain of Krug.

IMG_5377 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Though I did have some competition.

IMG_5379 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Singapore Airlines' crew really seem to be at the top of their game. All 4 crew members working the Suites cabin today were perfectly in sync and got the ball rolling quickly, with the first appetizers being delivered 30 minutes after takeoff. ^

Balik salmon with keta caviar. Delicious.

IMG_5380 by jurastudent, on Flickr

First course of the ming jia zhen zhuan menu with Chinese wine marinated chicken, spicy beancurd sheet and bamboo salad and Broccoli with Yunnan ham. Even though I would have preferred a stronger wine taste in the chicken, they were all excellent.

IMG_5383 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The double boiled pork soup with Chinese yam and pine nuts. Very good and flavourful.

Then the main courses:

IMG_5384 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Stir fried Angus beef fillet with dried chilli and cashew nut. First good beef dish I've had on a plane - it was moist and medium done.

IMG_5386 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Steamed black cod with spinach sauce. Best fish dish I've had on a plane. It tasted fresh and was perfectly cooked.

IMG_5385 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Bok choy with mustard and mushroom fried rice on the side.

IMG_5387 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And for the finale, a black rice pudding with vanilla sauce and mango. Fantastic!

IMG_5388 by jurastudent, on Flickr

SQ's Chinese menu offering was impressive. It was ten times better than the offering on CX's long haul F. Maybe I was flying ex-JFK, but from what I've seen of CX's ex-HKG menus, SQ's offering beats them hands down. The food was refined and felt like they belonged in a respectable Chinese restaurant instead of some fast food place. As much as I liked some of the "homey" offerings on CX such as the hotpot rice, I felt that SQ's meal was really up to the standard of what should be in international First Class.

After that meal (and no fewer of 5 glasses of Krug.) I passed out sitting upright on the dentist chair again while listening to a David Guetta album. Apparently the IFE at my Suite had frozen, but I didn't notice until the lead stewardess gave me a gentle nudge to tell me that we were landing in Singapore soon.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice to see another Report of CX new First. Have a ticket for next year
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Destination: Singapore and The Private Room, revisited

Going for a morning run along Clarke Quay and Marina Bay after all that food and booze:

IMG_5395 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2014-04-14 08.37.07 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5391 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5412 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Vibrant colours in Little India:

IMG_5415 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The venerable Raffles Hotel:

2014-04-14 09.32.41 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And my favourite Katong Laksa:

2014-04-14 11.21.11 by jurastudent, on Flickr

I love how you can eat it all with a spoon, as the noodles are cut down for that purpose. Laksa has to be my favourite hawker stall dish, and the version here wasn't too shabby at all (though the customer service was awful.)

2014-04-14 11.12.53 by jurastudent, on Flickr

A quick ride to the MRT and a long walk through T3, I was back at the SQ First Class check-in.

2014-04-14 16.55.21 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Seeing as I wasn't carrying any bags and nothing but a small backpack and in running shorts, I was quizzed as to whether I was lost or was I flying F. A quick explanation that my bags were checked in already and all I needed was my boarding pass later, I was on my way through fast track immigration.

2014-04-14 16.57.05 by jurastudent, on Flickr

But first, I went to claim my $20 transit voucher for Changi transfers. I spent it on a pair of flip-flops (thongs, jandals, or whatever other names you call it.) Then it was up the escalator and to the dragons which take you through a long, touristic route to The Private Room.

Of course, the first order of business was a cold shower.

2014-04-14 17.32.39 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Singapore Airlines The Private Room

Let's start with a glass of Dom Perignon 2004. I was hoping to try the Veuve Clicquot Le Grande Dame (which I didn't on my last visit), but no luck this time. First world problem again.

2014-04-14 18.03.15 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The mixed satay (chicken, beef and mutton) I loved from last time. I scarfed this down in a jiffy.

2014-04-14 18.05.32 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Foie gras burger. It looked better than it tasted. It was underseasoned and both the foie gras and meat patty didn't taste like much. Thankfully, it was a small portion.

2014-04-14 18.15.06 by jurastudent, on Flickr

I do like the intimate feel of the Private Room. The colour schemes and the chairs scream luxury, what I'd imagine a true gentlemen's club to be like (and by that, I don't mean a strip club.)

2014-04-14 18.41.04 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2014-04-14 19.07.29 by jurastudent, on Flickr

It amazes me that this place is empty most of the time, which gives it a nice, relaxed feel.

2014-04-14 19.05.30 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The TPR is great. It's a good place to hang out, eat and grab a shower for an hour or two, but really not more than that when SIN actually has a few other interesting things to do.

Closer to 7pm, more people started showing up. Gate A4 was just a short walk away, but I had to make sure I was first onboard to get as many pictures as I wanted.

But first, I came up with a brilliant idea to secure myself a double bed in this very lightly loaded cabin in case the other pesky 2 passengers beat me to it (I was told at check-in I was one of 3 passengers.) I moved from 3A to 3C just as I left the lounge.

2014-04-14 19.37.35 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2014-04-14 19.24.36 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Last edited by tng11; Jun 20, 2014 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines Suites Singapore to Sydney: A Truly Suite(Sweet) Time

Singapore Airlines Flight 221
Singapore to Sydney
Airbus A380-800
April 14, 2014
Scheduled: 20:15-05:55+1
Actual: 21:06-06:18+1
Seat: 3A/3C+3D (Suites)
Load: 3/12

echa2949 did a better job that I will on reporting this flight here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-sin-syd.html

What strikes me is that our experiences were eerily identical - from having the double bed, to our choices of dessert.

Boarding got off to a late start, and I was a little surprised that Suites and Business Class passengers were called together. Never mind though, I claimed my position as #1 to board.

2014-04-14 19.27.44 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Both the chief steward and leading stewardess were waiting by door, seemingly waiting for my arrival. As I walked down the gate, they both stepped out and were already extending their greetings - and brought me to my seat. Although for a quick second, the chief steward has to do a double take with my boarding pass as I did a last minute seat change.

The view from 3C:

2014-04-14 19.41.02 by jurastudent, on Flickr

How cute: a little card signed by the person who cleaned the Suite.

2014-04-14 19.41.23 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Before I had a chance to settle in, the chief steward came over and asked if I would like to move back to 3A as today's loads were light. It was at this point where I took the chance to pop the question...

That is, whether I could have the double bed. "Sure, no problem" he said.

The chief stewardess made multiple rounds back to me as I was settling down in 3A.

First: Dom or Krug? If you've read my reports, there is only one choice. She never let my glass get close to empty while on the ground.

2014-04-14 21.20.02 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Next: tonight's menu bound in leather (I'm a big deal because I have many leather bound menus! ) But, I have already BTCed the Kyo-Kaiseki. I informed her that I would like to save that as my breakfast and order from the menu. She said that was fine, but that she had to make sure the other passengers got their choices before I got mine. No problem.

2014-04-14 21.28.06 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Looked like there were a few pretty good choices. It guilts me to think of the food wastage on these flights. Thankfully, I was doing my part of having BTCed (so they cater less apparently) and ordering from the regular menu! ^

2014-04-14 21.28.18 by jurastudent, on Flickr

There was only one drink I needed from this menu:

2014-04-14 21.29.03 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Another round: Bose headphones.

2014-04-13 19.37.00 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And another round: Givenchy pyjamas and slippers. These were my favourite pair of pyjamas until after I put them in the wash (and they shrunk a little too much )

2014-04-14 20.15.12 by jurastudent, on Flickr

More views of the cabin from 3A:

IMG_5422 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5423 by jurastudent, on Flickr

An unintentional shot of fellow FTer echa2949:

IMG_5421 by jurastudent, on Flickr

While we sat on the ground, I had a total of 4 crew members introduce themselves to me by first name. I made small talk with all of them, many of them amazed that I was taking such a long route to get to Australia from Canada. Having noticed the little German flag on the chief steward's pin - I greeted him in German to his surprise. The leading stewardess promised to come back to me later and give me some tips on what to do in Sydney and Melbourne once I told her my itinerary.

Despite there being 2 other passengers, it felt like I had this crew all to myself. It was almost too over the top for me, but it was also insanely awesome on the other hand. ^

The pilot informed us that it would be a short flight to Sydney today, at under 7 hours, so we were going to be sitting on the ground for a little while to meet SYD curfew requirements.

We were going to be delayed even more according to the pilot. What was supposed to be a 10 minute delay eventually turned into more than 40 minutes. What was incredible (and probably way OTT) was the cabin crew apologized to me repeatedly, as if I had just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and only had a day to live.

I just kept saying "that's okay" and smirked as I sipped on the Krug and watched an episode of Bear Grylls.

Lights were dimmed, and we're off (albeit after another delay due to a runway change.) I love that very gentle humming of the RR A380 engines on takeoff.

Takeoff Video

Next up: A dinner of Extravagance

Last edited by tng11; Jun 18, 2014 at 9:40 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Once the seatbelt signs were turned off, the cabin crew wasted no time in getting the ball rolling with the service. Seat 1A had requested turndown service, and they took care of that first.

Shortly after, The chief stewardess took meal orders - and she advised me that since the passenger in 1A was not eating, so I pretty much could take whatever I want. She also confirmed if she could wake me up 2 hours before landing for my Kyo Kaiseki breakfast. This flight just keeps getting better and better.

Sooner than I expected, tablecloths were set out and the bread basket brought around. I love SQ's garlic bread, as I discovered on a SIN-CGK F flight back in December.

2014-04-14 21.43.17 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Dinner got off to a good start with the chilled malossol caviar. Dunno what the big fuss about airline caviar is - but I'll take it anyways. My biggest complaint was the lack of creme fraiche.

IMG_5426 by jurastudent, on Flickr

A closer-up picture:

IMG_5427 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Next was a salmon parcel with salmon roe, chilled cucumber soup, avocado and watercress. This was excellent, and it enjoyed it much more than the caviar. There were layers of tasty hot and cold smoked salmon with fresh avocado inside. Definitely a highlight of the meal.

IMG_5428 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Beef consomme with corned wagyu beef, bone marrow, cabbage and truffle oil. Excellent - very beefy and the truffle oil worked beautifully with the flavours.

IMG_5429 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Farmer's market heirloom tomato salad with rocket, shaved fennel and pinenuts. Nothing to write home about - I wasn't a fan of the green tomatoes (I like my tomatoes ripe, soft and sweet!)

IMG_5430 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And the main course of crumbed lamb chop with anchovy-caper dressing, pickled shallot, roasted pumpkin and green beans. It looked great, but was actually slightly overcooked inside to a medium. It was still moist and tender and therefore perfectly edible. The only issue was I was starting to feel full at this point, and only ate the bulk of the meat I could cut off the bone.

The crew on seeing I hadn't eating anything else were concerned that something was wrong and were offering to do something about it. I explained that it wasn't their fault and that I was just getting full - much to their relief.

IMG_5431 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And the finale of espresso parfait, coconut sorbet, coffee cake, passionfruit and lychee, which was recommended by the chief steward and presented with much fanfare by him. It was spectacular. ^

IMG_5432 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Barely able to move, I asked if I could just go for a walk around the cabin. Unfortunately, the Business Class cabin hadn't quite finished service by this time, so I went back to the confines of 3A.

My double bed in 3C and 3D was ready (it was made during the hustle and bustle after takeoff) and was ready for me at anytime, said the leading stewardess. Beauty.

Next part: Bedtime and Breakfast
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

At this point, the cabin wasn't quite dimmed yet.

IMG_5433 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The leading stewardess opened the doors to 3C to reveal this. First reaction was O M G - I must be dreaming. A double bed all to myself!

IMG_5434 by jurastudent, on Flickr

She closed the doors and said good night while handing over a bottle of Evian, saying she would be back in a few hours for my breakfast.

The double bed was super comfy. I could see how it may be a bit firm for some, but it was just right for me. I loved the attention to detail with today's crew, as they had put some extra padding in the gap between the seats, so there was no awkward gap between the bed.

IMG_5436 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The amount of space in one Suite is a lot - but two was just way over the top. The only thing that could make this better is fully private shades for Mile High Clubbers. But, that would have been a moot point on this flight anyways.

IMG_5435 by jurastudent, on Flickr

4 hours of solid sleep later,I woke up just before the leading stewardess was about to knock on my door for my wake-up call.

This picture came at a price. I didn't notice the metal divider at the top above the two seats and bumped my head into. Ouch.

IMG_5437 by jurastudent, on Flickr

I returned to 3A for breakfast. If there's one thing to complain about the Suites product, is the lack of being able to use a table while the bed is out, as I do like lounging in the bed. A minor quibble though.

Being full from dinner, I began to fear the Kyo-Kaiseki. This wasn't just any BTC dish, but it was a full-blown 4-course affair. But I decided to take one for the team, just to see how the meal looks like. I requested some green tea to go with the meal, and like clockwork, the leading stewardess would refill my cup just before it was empty.

Appetizers of tataki salmon, some avocado salad, sweet shrimp and salmon roe. Disappointing - but that was probably my fault as the seafood didn't taste all that fresh. The plating was also disappointing for a Japanese meal (and generally was for the entire meal.)

2014-04-15 03.05.45 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Second course of green tea soba noodles, octopus and squid. The noodles were acceptable, but the seafood tasted like rubber.

2014-04-15 03.12.56 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Main course of grilled chicken, black cod with sea urchin on top, rice, pickles and miso soup. The black cod and chicken were good, but the sea urchin was inedible.

2014-04-15 03.22.22 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Dessert of some kind of red bean jello with green tea ice cream and fruit. The red bean jelly was far too dense and dry for my liking, though the ice cream was good.

2014-04-15 03.29.58 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The kyo-kaiseki was a letdown in the end. The plating wasn't anything like a decent kaiseki meal (which ANA, JAL and Asiana do approach somewhat) and the contents of the meal just weren't very good, which may have been my own doing as I waited a few hours before it was served. I was glad I went with the regular menu for the dinner service.

All that food in just about 6 hours was crazy. I was feeling somewhat lethargic, but well-rested and ready to begin a full day of sightseeing in Sydney. On our descent, we were told that there would be some holding for our landing into SYD given the amount of arrivals just past the 6am curfew.

Closer to our arrival, the leading stewardess followed up on her promise of some tips for Sydney and Melbourne, which was a really nice personal touch. She also brought me a Sothys amenity kit, which she suggested I could give away as a gift to someone (my Mom found a use for it in the end.) I meekly asked if I could have one of the teddy bears as well - and she was happy to oblige (I got the last one on the entire flight!)

From 3A, I was treated to great views of the Opera House and harbour just as the sun rose over Sydney.

Landing into SYD

The Suites experience is coming to an end.

2014-04-15 04.23.42 by jurastudent, on Flickr

All the crew members bid me a hearty farewell as I disembarked. I complimented them again on how great the flight was, and that it was a shame it couldn't be twice as long.

2014-04-15 04.32.13 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Immigration was a quick affair with the Fast Track card. Otherwise, the lineups in the immigration hall were crazy, with no fewer than a dozen longhaul jumbo jets having touched down within a 30 minute window. My bag was already waiting for me on the carousel, less than 20 minutes after disembarking.

2014-04-15 04.35.56 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Verdict

I had very high expectations of Suites and I was truly blown away by this experience. Truly a flight to remember and a new golden standard for me to evaluate First Class products from this point. I do realize I may have lucked out with a light load and gotten more attention from the crew and the double bed - but with the way things were going, even a full cabin and a single bed would have still had me mighty impressed.

If I could only fly one First Class product from here on - it would definitely be Suites all the way, even if it takes twice the amount of time. For my January trip in Sipadan and the Philippines with another stopover in HKG, I could have chosen to fly CX F from HKG to JFK in 16 hours. After this trip, I cancelled it and rebooked myself in Suites for HKG-SIN-FRA-JFK for a total of 26 hours in Suites. It really was that good. ^
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:03 am
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Pretty awesome TR! Wish i could fly first someday!

SHame about the AA experience, it doesnt really make me feel proud.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Beautiful trip report, I'm looking forward to reading the next segments.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Great TR! It is always nice when SQ sets up the double bed for you to use for sleeping and leaving your original seat for eating.....

CX very solid and sitting in F it is nice you can get the meals switched (unlike J), as I am not a fan of the 10ish am flights starting with breakfast then the lunch.

Thanks for the UA IFL pics in HKG. I used to live on UA to and through HKG and I see the lounge is still the same (furniture, setup, food, etc) as it was 4 years ago.

I am looking forward to the QF flights being added to the TR!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
A huge line started to form at the gate, with economy passengers on the left and premium/MPC passengers on the left. The premium line moved slowly as people were sent back to the other line. One DYKWIA who I saw upgrading at the counter, just cut past through the entire line, much to the ire of the ground agent checking ID documents. All he said was "But I'm in First Class" and kept on walking. That DYKWIA was seated in Seat 2D.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I find it amusing that folks who fly on miles and not by actually being customers of the airline and earn status have the DYKWIA attitude about using miles to find first and business class seats, when folks who deserve upgrades are being looked down upon.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Destination: Sydney and Blue Mountains

And now a selection of my favourite pictures from Sydney by day:

IMG_5670 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5909 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5897 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5905 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5913 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5467 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5517 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5480 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Sydney by night (excuse the lack of a tripod!)

IMG_5716 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5701 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5704 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Blue Mountains: (it was a busy day with a visit by Will and Kate!)

Will & Kate's backs

IMG_5810 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5868 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5886 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5881 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5781 by jurastudent, on Flickr
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Head to Head Comparisons of Aussie LCCs

Since my pictures from the LCC Y flights didn't come out too well - I'll just provide a very brief overview (I'm more excited about writing my QF F review than anything else.)

Head to head comparison of Australian budget/LCC carriers:

In general, domestic flying within Australia is very pleasant. None of this security theatre, fuss with liquids or MMS nonsense to deal with. The food options in the domestic terminals are better than NA airports, but that's not saying much (they're about the same as non-airport prices, but you still get mediocre food in the end.)

Legroom was about the same across all airlines. Somehow, I definitely felt Tigerair was the most cramped of these 3, with Virgin being the most spacious. Tigerair's seat had the least support too. I will not fly with them again.

Virgin Australia Sydney to Ballina (Byron Bay)

2014-04-18 15.41.06 by jurastudent, on Flickr

This flight was completely full, but was still rather pleasant. There was a snack offered and a beverage which was good for a flight of this length. The customer service from check-in to boarding was very orderly and friendly, and best of all, there was a free checked bag and I could credit the flight to SQ Krisflyer to use for my next Suites trip.

Obligatory legroom shot:

2014-04-18 14.10.54 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The seats:

2014-04-18 15.39.57 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Jetstar Gold Coast to Cairns.

(I was scolded for taking pictures outside)

2014-04-21 16.54.45 by jurastudent, on Flickr

This flight was made better because I was the only row on the entire aircraft that had an empty middle seat. The seats here had less support than Virgin's, but were still passable for a 2 hour flight. Any more and lower back would have been screaming at my for days. The flight attendants were far from friendly - they just barked orders at everyone. Jetstar must have their attendants trained by the same ones as UA.

Legroom:

2014-04-21 16.58.42 by jurastudent, on Flickr

The seat:

2014-04-21 19.32.44 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Tigerair Cairns to Melbourne

2014-04-26 05.42.58 by jurastudent, on Flickr

A few things made this flight suck. First, the departure time of 1:20 am and the 5:00 am arrival in Melbourne was horrific (short red-eyes always mess me up.) Second, as Tigerair was the only departure from Cairns at that time, nothing but an overpriced convenience store was open landside. Third was that the customer service was horrible (the lines at check-in and boarding were disorderly and dramatically understaffed.) Fourth was that the seats lacked any support and I felt that there was less legroom (though the pictures show all 3 are similar.)

The ground handling at the Melbourne LCC Terminal was also terrible. There was a 30 minute wait for the first luggage to arrive, even though we were the only flight arriving.

Legroom:

2014-04-26 01.58.11 by jurastudent, on Flickr
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Destination: Byron Bay, Surfers Paradise and Cairns

Some of my favourite pictures from Byron Bay.

Loved the beaches, scenery and party scene (maybe a little too fratty, but it was still cool for someone in his mid-20s.)

2014-04-19 17.09.07 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5916 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5931 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_5935 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Image from Surfers Paradise

I wasn't a fan of Surfers Paradise. Too commercialized and artificial. I did enjoy the striking skyline alongside the beach though, as well as a busker festival that was going on. I also went surfing the for the first time here, albeit extremely hungover from a big night out the night before.

IMG_5965 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Cairns

I barely took any pictures in Cairns, because I arrived super late in the night and boarded a liveaboard in the Great Barrier Reef the next morning. The day when I returned it was pouring rain the entire day.

In short, I was not impressed with the diving in the Great Barrier Reef. Too commercialized, and the condition of the reef was a massive letdown. I didn't see nearly as many coral/underwater species as I expected, though it was still plenty of fun getting my Advanced Diver license and going for a few night dives.

If anyone is actually interested in seeing a video of me interacting with a curious sea turtle (which ended up biting my finger) - let me know.

My dive mate:

PICT0140 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Disappointment:

PICT0158 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Last edited by tng11; Jun 20, 2014 at 6:29 pm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:25 pm

I rarely ever comment or post, just lurk and read, but honestly your trip report was amazing so far. Feel like I can relate. Grad student here, and always looking forward to getting away after a tough long semester.

Keep it coming!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Destination: Melbourne

Probably my favourite city in Australia. I love street art, the cafe culture and the general vibe of Melbourne. Only thing Sydney has Melbourne beat on is the striking harbour. I'd consider moving here if the opportunity came up! ^

One complaint though: the public transit system sucks for tourists. The circle tram line for free makes up for it somewhat though.

IMG_5995 by jurastudent, on Flickr

A not-so-good iPhone panorama:

2014-04-26 13.27.37 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_6009 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_6032 by jurastudent, on Flickr

This is my kinda thing (a little context - Berlin is my favourite city in the entire world):

2014-04-28 10.25.34 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_6017 by jurastudent, on Flickr

(This one is my current wallpaper )

IMG_6025 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.