Wiki Posts
Search

Live trip report, BRU-HNL-STT and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
At LAX flagship now, bound for IAD (any idea how much a taxi to DC should be?)...
I always use www.burkilimo.com when in DC, fixed price $70 all inclusive to my usual hotel on Capitol Hill (plus tip).

They've never let me down in 6 years.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Near disaster averted, after travelling 29k miles I realised I couldn't remember where in the car park my car was. Obviously knew it was in the T1/T3 long stay at MAN, but couldn't remember where. Very fortunate to have just wandered across it
Jeez - have my palpitations stopped yet ... As I read that (sitting in the lounge at HNL) I suddenly thought "where are my car keys? - I remember reaching them out of the safe in my hotel room earlier but didn't have them in my pocket at security". As you might expect they were at the bottom of the last pocket I checked in my carry on!

My missing TPs have just posted too, so am only one more sector from GGL, but my Exec club page is showing GUF2(2) as my next 'target' at 3500. I'm well aware that this is a known issue for anyone who went straight to >3000TP in the first year of membership (last year), so I'll be on the phone to BAEC when I get home ... The last time I have to ring the Gold line!?!?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I always use www.burkilimo.com when in DC, fixed price $70 all inclusive to my usual hotel on Capitol Hill (plus tip).

They've never let me down in 6 years.
I just get the Washington Flyer to Church Falls Metro station and the Metro from there for around $15. Easy enough with a bit of luggage or better with hand luggage.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by xenole
I just get the Washington Flyer to Church Falls Metro station and the Metro from there for around $15. Easy enough with a bit of luggage or better with hand luggage.
By the time the flight arrives from LAX and bags arrive it's 23:00 - much more convenient to get in the waiting car and to the hotel ready for the morning meetings.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
By the time the flight arrives from LAX and bags arrive it's 23:00 - much more convenient to get in the waiting car and to the hotel ready for the morning meetings.
Probably more practical at that time of night
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
He's alive :-::-::-::-:

Just noticed wonderman has posted some updates to his blog http://lonelytprunner.blogspot.co.uk. I will have a read through later on. Btw, not so lonely now as he has me this girlfriend in Orlando. Check the photo of her, hubba-hubba
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
nice to have got an update on whats happening on this rather crazy but adventurous TP run
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Well I am back in HNL and was expecting to find wonderman once again. However no news yet my own excessive three weeks of nut job travelling will come to an end soon when I land Wednesday AM

Last edited by BugAlugs; Apr 25, 2014 at 8:52 pm Reason: No no autocorrect HNL is not Hull
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Mine didn't. After 2 weeks I put in a claim and they posted a few weeks after.
Was just about to do the same.

Did you use IB or AA flights numbers / as the airline? It's clearly an IB ticket but wasn't sure whether I should use AA or IB as airline.

TIA.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
Was just about to do the same.

Did you use IB or AA flights numbers / as the airline? It's clearly an IB ticket but wasn't sure whether I should use AA or IB as airline.

TIA.
Good question. I remember wondering at the time which I should put. I have looked in my emails and on the BAEC site but can't find a copy of the claim. I honestly can't remember if I went for AA or IB as the airline/flight number. I think I put IB down and business as the booking class. This is the entry from my points statement. I got the 210 TPs btw although as I booked under IB and it was business not sure why.

SEATTLE - NEW YORK-JOHN F KENNEDY (F/F)
AA236(Operated by: American Airlines)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Hey there, if anyone is HNL based I'll be in the Hard Rock for 1900, PM me here :-D if there is a chance for a drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.