Reload this Page >

Emirates First Class A380 JFK-DXB and Six Days on Safari in South Africa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First Class A380 JFK-DXB and Six Days on Safari in South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:07 pm

Excellent report and always great to read them. My favourite bits are the sarky comments and pics!

I don't understand why people in the US use "Tylenol" for sleep. It's a pain medicine, not a hypnotic. And not a good pain medicine. So the company has been fooling people for years with their "Tylenol PM" which has a sleep "aid" in it. But you don't need the Tylenol bit. And your liver certainly doesn't. So why not just take a sleep aid or diphenhydramine instead of this stuff you don't need?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:39 pm

oh my god i am so jealous!!!!
great tr!!!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Loving this as with all your TRs SFO777, I had a we chuckle at the pics of the EK F lounge at JFK, my mind was flicking between your pictures and the images in my head of that lounge as described by Eightblack with his enforced sojourn there during the snow storm!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA
Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us, SFO777. Always a joy to read!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Great report so far SFO777 and - as always - your food and beverage commentary is greatly appreciated. And I'm definitely looking forward to reading about and seeing pictures of your upcoming time in Dubai.

How nice that your Princess will be able to scout out the great DXB shopping spots for me well in advance of my late November/early December holiday on EK. It's almost like having reconnaisance from an advance team on the ground ...
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:15 pm

What an awesome TR. Thank you SFO777! Time for me to try out Bling Air
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
Ahh Sabi Sands is so lovely I'm jealous. Had a magical 4 days at Londolozi. SA is one of my absolute favorite places. Enjoy.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: Too many...
Originally Posted by SFO777

Only one word to describe this picture. Jealous. Any fool can fly first class with a bit of effort but getting the opportunity to interact with nature like that is a very special opportunity not open to many.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
I love reading SFO777's TRs because of his style and the amount of pictures... But I hate reading SFO777's TRs because I can't afford this kind of trips, and I get jealous...

Looking forward to the rest of the trip...
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrDplus
I love reading SFO777's TRs because of his style and the amount of pictures... But I hate reading SFO777's TRs because I can't afford this kind of trips, and I get jealous...

Looking forward to the rest of the trip...
Il Papa can't afford a safari? LOLZ.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Excellent report and always great to read them. My favourite bits are the sarky comments and pics!

I don't understand why people in the US use "Tylenol" for sleep. It's a pain medicine, not a hypnotic. And not a good pain medicine. So the company has been fooling people for years with their "Tylenol PM" which has a sleep "aid" in it. But you don't need the Tylenol bit. And your liver certainly doesn't. So why not just take a sleep aid or diphenhydramine instead of this stuff you don't need?
I'm guessing prophylactically taken for future headache from the multiple sleep aids consumed with his new friends in the lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:07 pm

How about all of you girls stop talking about how jealous and envious you are and just enjoy the reports?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sky303
Il Papa can't afford a safari? LOLZ.
Haha... Not yet...
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
How about all of you girls stop talking about how jealous and envious you are and just enjoy the reports?
So this is what the fox says...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The Emirates First Class Lounge at DXB T3

Upon deplaning, a distinctly non First Class experience. There was no First Class meet and greet, no EK representative nor signs for much of anything. Also, precious few flight/gate monitors. And since our flight was not for 6 hours, there was no indication of what gate or what terminal. No EK representative. No signs to Terminal 3. No priority security. No clue where to go. It's OK if you know the layout. But having only been here one time before, arriving and departing from Terminal 3, not so much. I knew I wanted to go to Terminal 3 but our choices were A, B or C, not 1, 2 or 3. We eventually found the First Class lounge for the B gates, but it was clearly the old one. We did finally get the info I wanted... our JNB gate was A4 and the Terminal 3 is the A gates. Jeez, is it that difficult?? Back down to the train and finally to T3 and the largest First Class Lounge on the planet.

Since we both declined the on board shower, our first stop was to get a shower... yet another distinctly un-first class experience. I can put up with a small and cramped shower rooms, but no ventilation or air conditioning in the shower rooms not so much. And the shower temp setting are either hot or scalding hot. It was so hot that one needed a shower after you got done with the shower. When you have to open your shower room door to get some cool air, something is wrong. Not even close to LH or TG shower standards, or even AA for that matter.

It took 15 minutes after the shower to cool down and become comfortable again. Next on the agenda was food... breakfast, although lunch would have nicer. But is was only 9AM and we didn't want to wait until the lunch was served.

After breakfast, we headed for the Quiet room and set up camp for the next few hours, where we were the only customers today. With padded walls, this place is eerily quiet, with no announcements or interruptions save for the call to prayer.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 6, 2013 at 4:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.