Not For The Faint Hearted ~ 82 Flights and 87830 Miles of Mileage Running

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not For The Faint Hearted ~ 82 Flights and 87830 Miles of Mileage Running

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Holy moly! Expectations for your TRs have become quite high, and yet I am still left believing that this is one of the finest I've ever read on FlyerTalk.

...and I did NOT realize that SkyClubs serve Woodford Reserve as their well bourbon! Woodford is, for my money, the king of bourbons: smooth and unpretentious enough to have one or two too many and still feel good about myself in the morning, but astute enough for me not to waste too much in one sitting.

Amazing work, Seat 2A!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Not all Sky Clubs serve Woodford Reserve, zcat. In fact, I think it's fair to say most don't anymore as the only one I've found that pours it complimentary is the Boston club. One of the LaGuardia lounges (The original Crown Room) used to pour Maker's Mark but I don't know if that still continues.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Your friends are right. You are absolutely out of your mind. Congratulations!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:02 pm

Yikes, or as my 15 year old niece, Abigail, would say, OMG.

What an amazing tr. Thank you.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:03 pm

Great report as usual Seat2A. I admire the MRing, especially in winter!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Damn. My butt hurts for seat2a. :-: Great report!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Keeping up with your normal standards, a simply EPIC TR. Thanks for all your thoughts. I sometimes have earth shattering thoughts about travel while on mileage runs, I just never write them down. Thanks for transcribing yours.

Thanks again.

Eric
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Thanks for yet another epic TR. Reading your TR's is kind of like reading a frequent flyer Edward Abbey short story.^
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for another great read Seat 2A! Ironically, I declined to go out with friends tonight, as I have an early morning flight tomorrow to start my own puny mileage run. I was planning to hit the sack early, but I stumbled on your TR and couldn't put it down.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Even some of the airport police know me now. Twice this past month they’ve stopped by to rouse what they thought might be a homeless person (most legitimate passengers sleep in the brightly lit and noisy public areas) and upon discovering it was me as I peered out from under my blanket, essentially said “Oh, it’s you! Sorry about that. Have a good night, now.” I love it!

Fabulously engaging report Seat 2A. I really enjoyed reading about your crazy MR.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: QF, HH
Talk about quality - even the photos are great! What sort of camera do you use, may I ask?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
You are insane. In an admirable way. And also a good writer
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:21 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Just read the first installment. Great as always :-:

Am sure the guys in BNE will shout you a XXXX to drown the sorrows of Y (QFWP: that means you]

An international F is must be in the crystal ball
Now when can we expect the TR on burning those miles ?
Seat 2A, you never fail to disappoint and like others, I was meant to be in bed hour ago, but once started, I had no interruptions. It's now 12.20am and I'd better head for some shut eye.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Some of those miles will go to immediate use transporting me to Queensland, Australia for a wedding. I won’t be staying long though – just three days – because work awaits me back home in Alaska.
Thanks to being pointed to this thread by Mwenenzi, at the very least, organising a "Meet Seat 2A" drink is a given. Perhaps I can organise a night at my place, to save on the $ (if it works in with your itinerary). Let me know when you're arriving.

BTW, it's a pity my relatives in GEG live all the way out in Nine Mile Falls, otherwise I'd hit them up for a bed for you - they live in a decent double storey home on the lake and are by themselves now their kids are in Uni. He's in Alaskans' MVP (but haven't asked what level lately).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks for another well written travel adventure. That rental car breaking down was untimely, but I guess they always are. Those snow storms seemed to follow you around the country too. I'm already looking forward to the next report!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:46 am

You may talk the talk, but you sure do walk the walk. Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.