Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving in Mumbai: LH F, UA F, the Grand Hyatt and city adventures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanksgiving in Mumbai: LH F, UA F, the Grand Hyatt and city adventures

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:17 pm

Everywhere has the women's box where they are searched. Malls, hotels, airport, etc. I am told that it's because the search of a sari is a little more invasive than just a pat down due to the bulk. But I am not a sari wearing woman (or man) so I don't have first hand knowledge.

The lounge food safety is fine, it's just that the quality is pretty low.

Security at the airport is a joke. The machine is set to hyper sensitivity. However, even if you don't set the machine off, they will still do a wand search. I honestly have no idea why the machines are there at all.

And if it makes you feel any better, the restrooms were still out of order 10 or 11 days later. It shouldn't, of course, but you learn to smile at things like this in India lest you drive yourself mad.

Thank you for your report. Interesting to see a tourist's impressions of the city as I never played tourist before I came here to live. Living here gives a much different view of the city than being here for a day or two, but I suppose that's probably true for most cities. Glad the flight back on LH was up to expectations.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Platinum, Alaska MVP
Bad FA on LH in F

Yes you should report her. It makes no difference if you used US Air miles or LH miles - you dropped a lot of $$$ to earn that reward and her attitude is unacceptable.

I had a similar experience on an AA flight from Miami-Buenos Aires in 2007 and I started with Customer Service, escalated it to Flight Services, and finally to an AA VP in charge of South America Ops. Anyone can have a bad day. But to be treated in a hostile manner and not to have your basic requests met is outrageous.

You were nicer than I would have been. I would have been on the Purser like white on rice.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Part VIII: Lufthansa's A Concourse First Class Lounge
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Part IX: Frankfurt-Washington Dulles, United First Class
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:31 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
When we finally made it to an immigration officer I was questioned about why I would have gone to India for the holidays. I just replied “because it was cheaper than visiting family.”
This made my day

Thanks for the great report! Did you already receive follow-up on your LH complaint?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJO
Did you already receive follow-up on your LH complaint?
Nope, nothing yet. Lufthansa contacted me 9 days ago. They said it would take a few days to be back with me. I'll let y'all know when i hear something.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:59 am

A great trip report, thanks for sharing!

Although your UA F experience seems to have been disappointingly smooth, I was hoping for a little more drama
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
Nope, nothing yet. Lufthansa contacted me 9 days ago. They said it would take a few days to be back with me. I'll let y'all know when i hear something.
Update, got an email that they'd like to speak by phone tomorrow. I'm on the road, we'll see if we can connect.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Update, got an email that they'd like to speak by phone tomorrow. I'm on the road, we'll see if we can connect.
pretty impressive from LH^,,,if you can talk with them it would be good...give us an update
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Part X: Resolution from Lufthansa
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Gary

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that LH has addressed the issue. Hopefully, the FA "gets" it and treats deserving F-class pax properly.

We love following your blog!!! Keep up the good work....

p
Old Dec 26, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Most enjoyable read, two things that I chuckled about , one being the knives and forks wrapped in a napkin, God I hate that. If I am tired, and the dinner service starts this way, I know it's going to be a bad flight, my family call me an atrabilious old .... The second chuckle was over how you took over a portion of the lounge as "your spot". We do it with great style, same with the pool area, where I want to be under that umbrella or tree. Liked all the reports about the GH, must visit that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.