Search

Final UA737 Milk Run flight with FT DO 10/28/09

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by reamworks
If you ate all those snackboxes and cookies, you had about 15,000 calories that day!
As you can see I eat a lot of those snack boxes and cookies, I am still on the slim side. I would love to gain some weight.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Thanks for sharing.

Was the flight route a standard route that is used everyday with so many stops? Reason being is that I notice the flight had a NZ code share on it.
No, UA added this flight just several weeks ago, UA rarely use the flight number to match the plane type on a flight. I have no idea why this flight would be doing codeshare.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
No, UA added this flight just several weeks ago, UA rarely use the flight number to match the plane type on a flight. I have no idea why this flight would be doing codeshare.
Must have been a sign, NZ just announced today that they have ordered 14more A320 to replace there 15 733s. But they are very young 733s compared to UA most where built in 1998 & 1999.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Only exactly 8 people on the F, GS, and 1K line, no line at economy line at all. So I guess not many elites at all.
Well, and/or all the others were still chatting in the gate area. It's not like the plane was going anywhere for a while.

After I got seated, I also try to find the FTers on board
I had some work to do along the way -- on my way to a meeting on the West Coast, I booked 737 because it fit happily in my itinerary. I'm afraid I was keeping a rather low profile (though bodei's baby is cute, well done.) Robin did ask if I was you -- I think she had your row number wrong. I was pretty puzzled when (I thought) she asked if I was going to Hong Kong.

My seatmate was not specifically booked for this flight. He was originally booked at the later one to DEN continue to OKA.
That was the other (weird) passenger contingent: the Pinochle-playing set of retirees. I spoke to one, and she had no idea that this experience was anything different from the norm. Been a while, ma'am?

After that, FA also said they took a draw of the flights pax name. Although they said it is a random draw, from what I can see, it is those non-UA elites win the prize.
I was one of the winners, fwiw. Got most of the crew to autograph the book. One said "You're just going to turn around and sell this on eBay, I know it." Uh, no.

I won't add much to the other reports, since I only rode the Denver leg. The two pilots next to me -- one had flown the IAD-ORD leg, the other was commuting home to DEN -- were very friendly, and one explained to me the data on the flight plan that Robin passed out.

Once I got to Denver, I stuck around for a few minutes chatting with some of the former 737 pilots, then headed to the New Belgium Hub for a Fat Tire, and to resume working and waiting for my onward flight. It eventually left, only about 90 minutes late.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrLincoln

Robin did ask if I was you -- I think she had your row number wrong. I was pretty puzzled when (I thought) she asked if I was going to Hong Kong.
I didn't even know Robin was United PR until DEN-LAX leg when the other FTer told me about it.

But no, I wasn't going to Hong Kong on that day. In 2 months I will be.

I booked the whole PNR less than a week to the departure, hence I have to sit to the last row of E+. There were middle open even at row 3, but I want window to take pictures. But think about it I am glad I was seated far away from the front, I can't handle too much baby crying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.