Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

3 days business travel: second pair of shoes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 days business travel: second pair of shoes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
If you can stay at a Fairmont, they have running shoes (and workout gear) waiting for you in your room when you check-in. Obviously that isn't possible every time.

I generally wear a pair of dress shoes, which can also go with jeans, chino's, etc. Then take a pair of running shoes. If I want a 3rd pair of casual shoes, I have a pair of black lacoste shoes that are still nice, but take up very little room. The Sperry suggestion above is also a great one.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
1 dress pair for work and 1 pair of sneakers for walking / running / gymming unless there are some extenuating circumstances. It used to always be slip-on shoes as the work ones (formal slip-ons) due to security but with the rise of TSA precheck that isn't as critical since 99% of the time I don't have to take my shoes off anymore.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:23 pm
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
I've tried to look for shoes that are suitable for both business and time off (I don't run, but walk a lot) to help with my always (even long-haul) carryon-only travel style. I don't want to pack extra shoes.

These days I have several pairs of Geox Nebula black leather shoes with black soles that look nice enough for my business needs and feel and are constructed more like running shoes.

The breathing features make them very comfortable for full-day-and-night standing up and walking at conferences while looking nice enough, even in warmer climates. The soles in black don't look too weird, even if they're quite unusual.

As a bonus, the option of using them as slip-on shoes by folding the back part in is also quite handy for e.g. going to the loo on the plane.

These are quite expensive (around 150 EUR/pair) but I find them worth the price. See for example http://www.geox.com/en/men/shoes/tra...0046C9999.html for leather/black version, there are several lacing options. Just a happy user/customer.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
A pair of RM Williams' boots does the job. They are dressy enough to wear with a suit, yet do not look out of place when paired with a pair of jeans or chinos.

Expensive, sure. But they are the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn, and from all I've heard, will last many a year.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:07 am

i've never really thought about it before, but for as long as i can remember, i have brought exactly 3 pairs of shoes on every trip, from overnights to two weeks.

sneakers for travel, a pair of black shoes that "go with everything," and running shoes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.